• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twilo99

Gold Member
Dude, this isn't real. This was made by a shithead youtuber (dkdynamite) to get clicks based on some twitter rumors. It even says concept under season 1 & the "detonated presents" is his twitter/website. Don't be fooled, he makes about one of these a week.

Edit: I'm sure we will get the real one after Thanksgiving weekend.

Oh, I didn’t look close enough but he did a good job I guess .. it looked real lol

jorgejjvr

How's the game feeling with 10v10? Can you pick like 10v10 domination only? Or are you forced to whatever random mode comes up? Is map picking also a way to pick the mode if it's a moshpit?

twilo99

Gold Member
10v10 is actually very good

Were some of these maps 10v10 originally? They play much better that way

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
How's the game feeling with 10v10? Can you pick like 10v10 domination only? Or are you forced to whatever random mode comes up? Is map picking also a way to pick the mode if it's a moshpit?

You are stuck with the map pool and the modes which currently are; kill confirmed, domination, hard point, and TD

nemiroff

Gold Member
Every time I see a Groot skin, a riot shield on the back and a maxed out full auto shotgun with Dragon's breath rounds (there are often several of them in a match).. It's like, who the fuck does that?? They might as well write "I'm such a fucking loser" on their foreheads. But I don't want it to go away, because it's entertaining, and I for one use a bright red big-eared rabbit outfit to make an ironic balance of it all, it makes killing them feel oddly satisfying.

Anyway, I still have fun leveling up guns in this game (that's what I do), but it feels harder then in MWII because so many guns are shit a lvl1 and OP at max (thus other people often have a massive advantage in TTK).

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

call of duty 20

Following the release of Modern Warfare 3, the community has once again voiced their frustration over the series’ controversial skill-based matchmaking (SBMM) system. The hot topic recently saw Call of Duty developers bombarded with questions over it during an open Q&A, which they ignored. But why is the topic being ignored, what exactly is SBMM, and how can you get into the highly desired ‘bot lobbies’?
First, it’s important to understand what skill-based matchmaking is and how it has become progressively harsher on players over the years.

What is SBMM and How Has it Changed?​

In November 2021, former Call of Duty developer Josh Menke revealed that SBMM has been in Call of Duty since Modern Warfare (2007). If Menke’s revelation is true, then why is the discourse around the system so prevalent today? Does everyone just like to complain, or is there something more to the story here?
While it’s impossible to disagree with a developer who worked on the SBMM system for COD 4 and subsequent titles, it’s important to know that the system has changed significantly since its first introduction. In fact, the system has changed so much over the years that it arguably is a completely different system altogether.
Luckily, I’ve played every title since COD 4 and have actually exploited the SBMM system for YouTube videos since Black Ops 2, so I have a pretty good first-hand account of how things have changed over the years.
As I said, it’s impossible to disagree with a developer, but admittedly, it’s also difficult to back up that there was a SBMM system in those early years. Between COD 4 (2007) and Modern Warfare 3 (2011), matches felt entirely random. Maybe it’s because the matchmaking prioritized ping over its skill parameters, but whatever the case may be if it was in these titles it was minuscule.
The first major noticeable addition with SBMM was with the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (2012). Gone were the days of seemingly randomly skilled players on either team and instead, the SBMM system preferred to place people in lobbies of similar rank/level. As a Call of Duty YouTuber who was known for large kill games at the time, this was a system that I and many other ‘pubstompers’ exploited for those highly desired ‘bot lobbies’.
black-ops-2-sbmm.jpg

Back then, it was simple to get around the SBMM system as you could simply have the lowest-level player of your party host the lobby. Back then, Call of Duty YouTube clans like KARNAGE or AMP would even have their members take turns being the low-level hosts on a different account. If this wasn’t possible and you were solo, then simply joining the session of a lower-level player worked just as well.
The results were night and day, and YouTubers, including myself, were able to pull off high kill, low death games in every single game. You can watch a 191 kill, 0 deaths game from me below if you’re interested – just ignore the really bad commentary.

The skill-based matchmaking system would then progressively get more ‘restrictive’ over the years. In 2014, with the launch of Advanced Warfare, it seemed like the SBMM system leaned more towards the kill-death ratio, rather than just player levels. To get around this seemingly new SBMM system at the time, players needed to purposefully destroy their K/D to get into easier lobbies. Soon after launch though, hackers came into the mix.
advanced-warfare-sbmm.jpg

For as little as $10, players were able to purchase a max-level account, with all the best weapon variants unlocked – More importantly though, the accounts would have zero kills, but 500,000 deaths. While it was not a permanent solution, a $10 purchase would give players at least a couple of months of ‘bot lobbies’.

In fact, buying hacked accounts in Advanced Warfare became so prevalent and popular among the Call of Duty community, that it eventually led to bot lobbies having multiple hacked accounts in the same lobby. I even remember it becoming that much of a problem in the summer of 2015, that a courtesy ‘honour among thieves’ type of agreement was formed and if you entered a lobby with a hacked account already in there, you’d back out and find a fresh one.
modern-warfare-sbmm.jpg

The next major and noticeable change probably came during the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019). The parameters of how the SBMM works aren’t exactly known here, but player kill-death ratio, rank, and even skill are factors. SBMM is certainly not as cut and dry as it used to be and players have resorted to extreme measures to overcome it, which we’ll get into soon.

Will SBMM Ever be Removed?​

So, now that you’re familiar with SBMM and its history, the most important question a lot of people have is will it ever be removed? In short, that’s a difficult question to answer.

I’ve spoken to many Call of Duty developers over the years over this issue and although some have voiced their own frustrations with the system, it unfortunately works in the favor of Activision. If we reference back to Menke’s comments about it being in the game since 2007, that’s 16 years of tweaking parameters to perfection.
Record player engagement and revenues might not all be down to SBMM, but if a company is seeing significant increases in these two statistics, then why would they change it? Of course, never say never, but currently, despite the constant social media frenzy on the topic, Call of Duty is doing just fine.

How to Get ‘Bot Lobbies’​

As mentioned there have been several ways Call of Duty players have got themselves easier lobbies over the years and with Modern Warfare 3, there are two different ways.
The first is the most expensive, but reliable, and is a method that a lot of big Call of Duty pubstompers have used since around the release of Call of Duty WWII in 2017. It involves buying two (or even three) copies of the game, meaning you’ll now be paying at least $140.
One account will be your main account, which can be played with as normal, but the second account is your ‘reverse boosted account’, which you’ll join as it’s in the pre-game lobby. First, to get around the SBMM system, you’ll need to trash the stats of the reverse boosted account. As it’s currently unknown what the exact parameters for SBMM are, several reverse boosters have told me that you cover all possibilities during this reverse boosting stage.
Play one a 1-2 sensitivity, use terrible guns, do not get a lot of kills, but do get a lot of deaths, and never play how you normally would. The goal here is to trick any and all parameters that you are a terrible player. After around five games, you’re now ready to get into bot lobbies.
How it typically works is that you find a game on your reverse boosted account and once that account is in the pre-game lobby (SBMM has worked and matched people of similar skill), you join the accounts session. This can be incredibly time-consuming as lobbies fill fast and as such has resulted in pubstompers even resorting to purchasing more than one account to reverse boost, so they can back one of them out to free up one space.

During testing, I came across one of these pubstompers doing exactly that with two reverse-boosted accounts.
9982bd9c86f9f4f6ad5857c6139d79ef.png

This is also the method used by popular Call of Duty pubstomper ‘ChainFeeds’, who has accumulated nearly 600,000 subscribers in recent years. Ever watched his stream and wondered why he never shows himself searching for a game? This is why.

Using a VPN​

A VPN is now the most commonly used method to overcome skill-based matchmaking. You might have heard your favourite Call of Duty streamer joke about setting their location somewhere across the world and although this might seem like a joke, it’s likely they’ve actually done it.
If you’re not sure what a VPN is, they are programs that allow you to route your internet traffic through a server located in a different geographic location, which can hide a lot of your data such as your actual location and IP address.
It’s not entirely clear why setting your location to a different region works, but a likely explanation is that you’re tricking SBMM into matching you against a smaller pool of players, which results in the system not using all of its parameters to match you.

The end result is that you do generally come against lesser-skilled opponents and while you’re not guaranteed a ‘bot lobby’ every single game, it’s a trick that people have been using for years to get into easier lobbies.
If you’re reading this on Black Friday weekend, there are currently lots of deals to get yourself a VPN cheap.
NordVPN will cost £2.39 a month (billed first 2 years at £64.53)
CyberGhost VPN will cost £1.78 a month (billed first 2 years at £49.92)
Express VPN will cost £5.50 a month (billed first year + 3 months free at £82.44)

ManaByte

call of duty 20

Following the release of Modern Warfare 3, the community has once again voiced their frustration over the series’ controversial skill-based matchmaking (SBMM) system. The hot topic recently saw Call of Duty developers bombarded with questions over it during an open Q&A, which they ignored. But why is the topic being ignored, what exactly is SBMM, and how can you get into the highly desired ‘bot lobbies’?
First, it’s important to understand what skill-based matchmaking is and how it has become progressively harsher on players over the years.

In November 2021, former Call of Duty developer Josh Menke revealed that SBMM has been in Call of Duty since Modern Warfare (2007). If Menke’s revelation is true, then why is the discourse around the system so prevalent today? Does everyone just like to complain, or is there something more to the story here?
While it’s impossible to disagree with a developer who worked on the SBMM system for COD 4 and subsequent titles, it’s important to know that the system has changed significantly since its first introduction. In fact, the system has changed so much over the years that it arguably is a completely different system altogether.
Luckily, I’ve played every title since COD 4 and have actually exploited the SBMM system for YouTube videos since Black Ops 2, so I have a pretty good first-hand account of how things have changed over the years.
As I said, it’s impossible to disagree with a developer, but admittedly, it’s also difficult to back up that there was a SBMM system in those early years. Between COD 4 (2007) and Modern Warfare 3 (2011), matches felt entirely random. Maybe it’s because the matchmaking prioritized ping over its skill parameters, but whatever the case may be if it was in these titles it was minuscule.
The first major noticeable addition with SBMM was with the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (2012). Gone were the days of seemingly randomly skilled players on either team and instead, the SBMM system preferred to place people in lobbies of similar rank/level. As a Call of Duty YouTuber who was known for large kill games at the time, this was a system that I and many other ‘pubstompers’ exploited for those highly desired ‘bot lobbies’.
black-ops-2-sbmm.jpg

Back then, it was simple to get around the SBMM system as you could simply have the lowest-level player of your party host the lobby. Back then, Call of Duty YouTube clans like KARNAGE or AMP would even have their members take turns being the low-level hosts on a different account. If this wasn’t possible and you were solo, then simply joining the session of a lower-level player worked just as well.
The results were night and day, and YouTubers, including myself, were able to pull off high kill, low death games in every single game. You can watch a 191 kill, 0 deaths game from me below if you’re interested – just ignore the really bad commentary.

The skill-based matchmaking system would then progressively get more ‘restrictive’ over the years. In 2014, with the launch of Advanced Warfare, it seemed like the SBMM system leaned more towards the kill-death ratio, rather than just player levels. To get around this seemingly new SBMM system at the time, players needed to purposefully destroy their K/D to get into easier lobbies. Soon after launch though, hackers came into the mix.

For as little as $10, players were able to purchase a max-level account, with all the best weapon variants unlocked – More importantly though, the accounts would have zero kills, but 500,000 deaths. While it was not a permanent solution, a $10 purchase would give players at least a couple of months of ‘bot lobbies’.

In fact, buying hacked accounts in Advanced Warfare became so prevalent and popular among the Call of Duty community, that it eventually led to bot lobbies having multiple hacked accounts in the same lobby. I even remember it becoming that much of a problem in the summer of 2015, that a courtesy ‘honour among thieves’ type of agreement was formed and if you entered a lobby with a hacked account already in there, you’d back out and find a fresh one.
modern-warfare-sbmm.jpg

The next major and noticeable change probably came during the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019). The parameters of how the SBMM works aren’t exactly known here, but player kill-death ratio, rank, and even skill are factors. SBMM is certainly not as cut and dry as it used to be and players have resorted to extreme measures to overcome it, which we’ll get into soon.

So, now that you’re familiar with SBMM and its history, the most important question a lot of people have is will it ever be removed? In short, that’s a difficult question to answer.

I’ve spoken to many Call of Duty developers over the years over this issue and although some have voiced their own frustrations with the system, it unfortunately works in the favor of Activision. If we reference back to Menke’s comments about it being in the game since 2007, that’s 16 years of tweaking parameters to perfection.
Record player engagement and revenues might not all be down to SBMM, but if a company is seeing significant increases in these two statistics, then why would they change it? Of course, never say never, but currently, despite the constant social media frenzy on the topic, Call of Duty is doing just fine.

As mentioned there have been several ways Call of Duty players have got themselves easier lobbies over the years and with Modern Warfare 3, there are two different ways.
The first is the most expensive, but reliable, and is a method that a lot of big Call of Duty pubstompers have used since around the release of Call of Duty WWII in 2017. It involves buying two (or even three) copies of the game, meaning you’ll now be paying at least $140.
One account will be your main account, which can be played with as normal, but the second account is your ‘reverse boosted account’, which you’ll join as it’s in the pre-game lobby. First, to get around the SBMM system, you’ll need to trash the stats of the reverse boosted account. As it’s currently unknown what the exact parameters for SBMM are, several reverse boosters have told me that you cover all possibilities during this reverse boosting stage.
Play one a 1-2 sensitivity, use terrible guns, do not get a lot of kills, but do get a lot of deaths, and never play how you normally would. The goal here is to trick any and all parameters that you are a terrible player. After around five games, you’re now ready to get into bot lobbies.
How it typically works is that you find a game on your reverse boosted account and once that account is in the pre-game lobby (SBMM has worked and matched people of similar skill), you join the accounts session. This can be incredibly time-consuming as lobbies fill fast and as such has resulted in pubstompers even resorting to purchasing more than one account to reverse boost, so they can back one of them out to free up one space.

During testing, I came across one of these pubstompers doing exactly that with two reverse-boosted accounts.

This is also the method used by popular Call of Duty pubstomper ‘ChainFeeds’, who has accumulated nearly 600,000 subscribers in recent years. Ever watched his stream and wondered why he never shows himself searching for a game? This is why.

Using a VPN​

A VPN is now the most commonly used method to overcome skill-based matchmaking. You might have heard your favourite Call of Duty streamer joke about setting their location somewhere across the world and although this might seem like a joke, it’s likely they’ve actually done it.
If you’re not sure what a VPN is, they are programs that allow you to route your internet traffic through a server located in a different geographic location, which can hide a lot of your data such as your actual location and IP address.
It’s not entirely clear why setting your location to a different region works, but a likely explanation is that you’re tricking SBMM into matching you against a smaller pool of players, which results in the system not using all of its parameters to match you.

The end result is that you do generally come against lesser-skilled opponents and while you’re not guaranteed a ‘bot lobby’ every single game, it’s a trick that people have been using for years to get into easier lobbies.
If you’re reading this on Black Friday weekend, there are currently lots of deals to get yourself a VPN cheap.
Express VPN will cost £5.50 a month (billed first year + 3 months free at £82.44)

I'm sorry but if you don't like being matched with similarly skilled players and just want to stomp on bots, why the fuck are you playing a competitive FPS?

RaptorGTA

I'm sorry but if you don't like being matched with similarly skilled players and just want to stomp on bots, why the fuck are you playing a competitive FPS?

yea, I don't understand this logic either.

Maybe COD just needs an offline mode where you can just play with bots.

nemiroff

Gold Member
"Competitive FPS.." Well, I'd say that kinda sounds like what ranked play should've been for..

Anyway, many of us don't like that we're ending up in 100% competitive environments when all we want is to ride a naturally uneven wave of fun without knowing exactly how the match will feel like. It's not about wanting to only join "bot lobbies", don't want that at all. This is about the shoehorned artificial lack of randomness which gives the uneasy feeling of being banished to a maximum sweaty meta nightmare if you do "too well".

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member

I would rather match with people on my level or better, otherwise I might as well play against some easy AI/bots

PSYGN

call of duty 20

black-ops-2-sbmm.jpg

modern-warfare-sbmm.jpg

Using a VPN​

Pathetic the lengths people go to in order to think they are any good at the game.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Activision somehow monetizes some kind of pass that softens sbmm. There are a lot of losers out there that would gobble that shit up. This is coming from someone that thinks sbmm can be toned down to somewhere between Block Ops 4 and AW, but apparently that hurts Activision sales so they have to crank that shit way up.

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
Pathetic the lengths people go to in order to think they are any good at the game.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Activision somehow monetizes some kind of pass that softens sbmm. There are a lot of losers out there that would gobble that shit up. This is coming from someone that thinks sbmm can be toned down to somewhere between Block Ops 4 and AW, but apparently that hurts Activision sales so they have to crank that shit way up.

I mean they've done a lot of "pay to win" things in the past so your proposition isn't really far fetched.

Last edited:
yea, I don't understand this logic either.

Maybe COD just needs an offline mode where you can just play with bots.

This is in the game already and you don't need to be offline. You can do a Private Match of 6v6 (or custom amount, like 3v3) on any map and even set the difficulty of the opposing Bots.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This games SBMM hurts the game more than it helps as it puts me in higher pinged lobbies to try and keep people in a certain skill bracket.

Plus I have a few decent games I am fighting people rocking top.250 calling cards and in no realm should I be fighting top 250 players.

Game was so much better without this version of SBMM

And thanks for the dickless comment as I have usually respected your comments

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
HeisenbergFX4,

The other day you said something about SBMM where the first few games are usually easy as the algorithm needs to check a gamer's daily starting performance so it can adjust their SBMM.

I totally agree now. I didn't really pay attention before. But I notice the first few games I play I do well. Sometimes even a 5 or 7 KD in TDM! Then I get shuffled to hard lobbies by game 3. And even getting a 1.5 or 2 KD is almost impossible.

I wonder if SBMM takes into account weapons used. Thats because I do best when there's no enemy snipers. The first few games usually have none or hardly any. But then when I get put into tough lobbies there's tons of snipers and almost all level 55 guys.

I was getting put into level 55 lobbies when I my level was in the 20s and 30s.

havoc00

Every time I see a Groot skin, a riot shield on the back and a maxed out full auto shotgun with Dragon's breath rounds (there are often several of them in a match).. It's like, who the fuck does that?? They might as well write "I'm such a fucking loser" on their foreheads.
Yep 100% social degenerates

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
HeisenbergFX4,

The other day you said something about SBMM where the first few games are usually easy as the algorithm needs to check a gamer's daily starting performance so it can adjust their SBMM.

I totally agree now. I didn't really pay attention before. But I notice the first few games I play I do well. Sometimes even a 5 or 7 KD in TDM! Then I get shuffled to hard lobbies by game 3. And even getting a 1.5 or 2 KD is almost impossible.

I wonder if SBMM takes into account weapons used. Thats because I do best when there's no enemy snipers. The first few games usually have none or hardly any. But then when I get put into tough lobbies there's tons of snipers and almost all level 55 guys.

I was getting put into level 55 lobbies when I my level was in the 20s and 30s.
Ever notice too how the better you do the faster you melt to other people yet they seem to be bigger and bigger bullet sponges? A lot of talk of damage based lobbies as well

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ever notice too how the better you do the faster you melt to other people yet they seem to be bigger and bigger bullet sponges? A lot of talk of damage based lobbies as well
I said it before and I stick to my opinion that SBMM is heavily based on KD, and NOT wins. My WL ratio is around 0.55 as I get plunked into tons of hard lobbies after a few gimmes. I'm no pro gamer, but my KD is about 1.40.

If SBMM was based on WL ratio in any meaningful way, I'd be put into more easier lobbies so i could slowly edge back up to 1.00 WL.

I dont see it.

One thing I noticed a few times too (small sample size), just to show KD is very important to the algorithm, a few times I entered a game late and it ended almost right away. I went 0-0. The system must interpret this as a bad game as the next games each time were definitely on the easier side.

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
ROFL. Was playing Terminal 24/7 for a few hours last night. A map I can run in my sleep. And got this:
I5xZRSf.png

Once you know a map that well, you can pre aim and expect enemies much, much better…

I don’t know any of these maps, besides rust and scrapyard, so it’s been quite the struggle going against people like you lol

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I switched to hardcore modes and it alleviated this completely. Seems more fair.
I have played a decent amount of HC as leveling guns can be much easier there

Funny thing I ran into a premade group from Activision that all had special calling cards and tags and they were 100% being dicks running grenade launchers and smokes, I lasted like a minute in that game before backing out

Mobilemofo

I've said this repeatedly over the years, but the most fun I've ever had playing call of duty, (apart from mw 07 multiplayer), was a bloody party game in black ops 2. Sticks and Stones. You had a crossbow with three shots, and an axe you could throw and pick back up..when you go to throw the axe at someone nrunning, the satisfaction in planning where to throw it, and the axe then landing where you aimed it, was fuckin incredible. I'll always love this game mode. Incredible fun.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand why people are against sbmm , yes YouTubers are upset with it because they can't drop nukes every game.But for casuals I think it's good

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I honestly don't understand why people are against sbmm , yes YouTubers are upset with it because they can't drop nukes every game.But for casuals I think it's good
Youtubers (anyone actually) are still dropping nukes because they reverse boost for 20 matches in a row. Ran into a guy just last night reverse boosting on Highrise by jumping off the edge of the building the whole game, he went something like 0-75 and was typing lol in chat

Youtubers (anyone actually) are still dropping nukes because they reverse boost for 20 matches in a row. Ran into a guy just last night reverse boosting on Highrise by jumping off the edge of the building the whole game, he went something like 0-75 and was typing lol in chat
How is this shit different than cheating , it's fucking sad tbh, if u want bot games play against bots.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
How is this shit different than cheating , it's fucking sad tbh, if u want bot games play against bots.
Its just another way SBMM hurts the game when you have a player deliberately not even trying

I will admit when SBMM kicks in for me its when I grind my worst guns namely sniper rifles until things swing back.

For me personally the best way I can describe why I am against SBMM is its trying to hard to tailor my experience and feels forced all so people who are really bad don't feel like they truly are

ManaByte

Been playing off and on for the last 12 hours. Bot lobbies would get boring fast.

Man, fuck this game.

I just finished the campaign this afternoon as I knew I only had like an hour left and figured I should knock it out. Over the last few days I've played through COD4, MW2 2009, and started on MW3 2011 (about half way) because the original trilogy is one of my favorite set of games ever.

How are the new games even this bad in almost every aspect. In the original trilogy, all the characters were super likable even if they were bad guys because they were good characters. Somehow despite them already being written they made them much much worse. The overall story is asinine and basically is "THE MISSILES", "THE GAS", and then "THE GAS MISSILES".

The gameplay is also shite because every campaign level is trash, and half of them especially with MW2 they just filled the missions with these terrible armored enemies because instead of creating interesting scenarios and maps they just throw bullshit at you. MW3 is even worse because they have those lazy ass fucking open missions that are basically pointless.

I remember liking the MW 2019 campaign (it's been awhile though), but I hated MW2 2022 and I hated MW3 2023 even more. They somehow remade one of the best trilogies into a back to back trash.

They should have just remastered MW3 2011 like they did with MW/MW2 and released the MP maps.

Also the multiplayer is trash, and I only play it because I paid $70 and I love those original 2009 maps. SBMM is trash no matter how anybody could possibly spin it. The maps are great maps but not really meant for this fucking spaz ass gameplay.

Also Estate still sucks shit.

tl;dr FUCK this piece of shit game. 3/10 only because COD at least feels nice to play despite the bullshit movement.

clarky

Gold Member
Man, fuck this game.

I just finished the campaign this afternoon as I knew I only had like an hour left and figured I should knock it out. Over the last few days I've played through COD4, MW2 2009, and started on MW3 2011 (about half way) because the original trilogy is one of my favorite set of games ever.

How are the new games even this bad in almost every aspect. In the original trilogy, all the characters were super likable even if they were bad guys because they were good characters. Somehow despite them already being written they made them much much worse. The overall story is asinine and basically is "THE MISSILES", "THE GAS", and then "THE GAS MISSILES".

The gameplay is also shite because every campaign level is trash, and half of them especially with MW2 they just filled the missions with these terrible armored enemies because instead of creating interesting scenarios and maps they just throw bullshit at you. MW3 is even worse because they have those lazy ass fucking open missions that are basically pointless.

I remember liking the MW 2019 campaign (it's been awhile though), but I hated MW2 2022 and I hated MW3 2023 even more. They somehow remade one of the best trilogies into a back to back trash.

They should have just remastered MW3 2011 like they did with MW/MW2 and released the MP maps.

Also the multiplayer is trash, and I only play it because I paid $70 and I love those original 2009 maps. SBMM is trash no matter how anybody could possibly spin it. The maps are great maps but not really meant for this fucking spaz ass gameplay.

Also Estate still sucks shit.

tl;dr FUCK this piece of shit game. 3/10 only because COD at least feels nice to play despite the bullshit movement.

Reading between the lines im getting the impression you're not keen?

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
PSA for anyone grinding camos

Get the knives done as the Gutter knife 5 kills without dying 5 times is not tracking properly and literally all you need is 25 kills, will likely be patched soon

Speaking of reverse boosting ran into this guy 3 times just today and see it a lot, all he was doing was killing himself with his own nade launcher

4CEapWm.jpg

Gerdav

PSA for anyone grinding camos

Get the knives done as the Gutter knife 5 kills without dying 5 times is not tracking properly and literally all you need is 25 kills, will likely be patched soon

Speaking of reverse boosting ran into this guy 3 times just today and see it a lot, all he was doing was killing himself with his own nade launcher

4CEapWm.jpg
As bad as this version of SBMM is I just don’t get why you do that, how much of his time is he literally wasting blowing himself up to “reverse boost”, when all it will gain him is 3-5 games max in bot lobbies and then he is back where he started, I’m not sure what the hell he even gains from doing it.

Top Bottom