• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
EBGames weekend doorcrahers for tomorrow and Sunday...

http://www.ebgames.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=769

most prices aren't updated here yet, but the email I received showed a sample:

Duke Nukem CE: $15
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway: $15
Prof. Layton & Diabolical Box: $17
NHL Slapshot Wii: $2 (lol)

prices updated now on that page.

Blarg, I'd have gotten Bully Wii Edition @ $4.99, but it seems no stores anywhere nearby have it.

Ondore

$30 for Rock Band 3 + keyboard?

I hope my roommate doesn't go to EB tomorrow, he just bought a RB3 keyboard for $80... he's gonna shit a house if he sees that.

Also, same strikeout here for Bully Wii.

DJ_Lae

$30 Rock Band 3 keyboard with game!

(I already own both but a spare for my daughter to muck around with would be nice)

gOkvh.jpg

Oh.

Does anyone know where I can FIND Tales of Vesperia for 360 in the GTA? I don't even need it for cheap, but when I look at sites like EB Games, it's not even listed.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone know where I can FIND Tales of Vesperia for 360 in the GTA? I don't even need it for cheap, but when I look at sites like EB Games, it's not even listed.

Is ordering online out of the question? You could get it from amazon (third party) or estarland, either for about $30+5 shipping.

Is ordering online out of the question? You could get it from amazon (third party) or estarland, either for about $30+5 shipping.

I don't have a method to pay online, unless I try using Paypal. However, I'm worried about security. I'd much rather get it from a store

zroid

Banned
I don't have a method to pay online, unless I try using Paypal. However, I'm worried about security. I'd much rather get it from a store

Well in that case, you could try one of the VGP retail stores in the GTA. They have it in stock online, so it's worth a try. Give 'em a call at least. (It's $34.99 btw)

I think Tales of Vesperia is an xbox Game on Demand title is it not? so you can just DL it if thats an option for you.

Sajjaja

Not sure if anyone knows, NCIX has Max Payne for $30 as well. Although its sold out everywhere, you can PM it at Future shop and get it for ~26.49+ tax because of their match-10% the difference. I did it yesterday.

lupin23rd

Saw the note above about credit for pre-ordering certain games at Future Shop. How does that work?

I pre-ordered NHL and Darksiders today, and they didn't mention it - do I get it when I pick up the game once it comes out?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Saw the note above about credit for pre-ordering certain games at Future Shop. How does that work?

I pre-ordered NHL and Darksiders today, and they didn't mention it - do I get it when I pick up the game once it comes out?
In-store only: $10 credit towards any game July 13 - 19 when you pre-order this game.*

Pre-order any of these games in-store between July 13 and 19, 2012 and receive a $10 credit towards any in-store game purchase.

*Offer valid July 13 to July 19, 2012 in-store only. $10 gaming credit towards any gaming purchase valid 30 days from release date, in-store only. Limit one redemption per customer, per purchase. Original receipt must be presented at time of purchase. No cash value, no rainchecks. Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers. See in-store for full details.
http://www.futureshop.ca/Marketing/Promotions/PromotionPopup.aspx?Id=5885

For the people who couldn't make it to one of the meetups yesterday.

tsilon ‏@tsilon

Last day to enter to win a FREE copy of ‪#BurningSkies‬ for ‪#Vita‬. Simply follow us & Tweet with ‪#MisterEisRad‬ in it. (Canada only)
https://twitter.com/tsilon

zroid

Banned
I just noticed EB has Ivy the Kiwi (Wii) for $9.99. It looks quite good but I haven't heard much about it. Worthwhile?

iphys

I just noticed EB has Ivy the Kiwi (Wii) for $9.99. It looks quite good but I haven't heard much about it. Worthwhile?

I think Ivy the Kiwi Mini for DSiWare is half the content and $5, so might be worthwhile, but I'd probably just get the DSiWare version myself.

iphys

Unless you need it day 1, I would wait for a 20x at Shoppers, because they happen every few weeks. Last year they had a 20x with coupon on Aug 24 and a regular 20x on Sep 3, and their offers are usually pretty similar from year to year.

MarkusRJR

Where's the best place to buy games online that supports PayPal?

EDIT: I found this site called eStarland. Is it any good/reliable? Would I have to worry that the DS games they sell might be counterfeit/fakes.

zroid

Banned

EDIT: I found this site called eStarland. Is it any good/reliable? Would I have to worry that the DS games they sell might be counterfeit/fakes.

I used to buy stuff from them quite often, they're definitely reputable.

I think Ivy the Kiwi Mini for DSiWare is half the content and $5, so might be worthwhile, but I'd probably just get the DSiWare version myself.

Oh, apparently there's also a DS version of the game, and it too is $9.99. Maybe I'll get that instead

Sheik

I was just going to ask this. Made a Paypal account because of D3 and have no idea where to spend my newly earned cash. I know NCIX accepts Paypal, but their shipping is pretty pricey and their selection is limited for games. Let me know how eStarland works out for ya.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
X-Men Destiny is on sale at Ebgames for $9.99.

I'm not sure how the game turned out to be, but if you're interested check it out.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone in Montreal or who will be attending Just for Laughs next weekend want a ticket for the Adam Carolla Show live podcast? I have one extra ticket that won't be used, value is about $35 but I'm fine with you giving me something or nothing for it, as long as it gets use.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, got a new job and will be training during this time and won't be able to make it to Montreal. Tickets are still available though, so if you need to buy another one to go with the one I'm giving up you should be able to with no problems.

The show is on July 27th at 3pm and is also on the same day as Bob's Burgers Live among other things, so it would be a great day for anyone to go =)

http://www.hahaha.com/en/montreal/act/3325
http://www.hahaha.com/en/montreal/performance/3934

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested and we'll figure out the details.

Any good deals for PSP-3000's lately?

And what are the best games for the system (i like good rpg/action/adventure/puzzle games, while i dislike racing/fighting games) ?

This is for a long upcoming trip, and I figure this is the best system to (rather cheaply) throw down money for. I keep hearing good things about it especially the 3000 and the last few years in it's game library. The DS/lite/DSi/XL seem too outdated at this point (and the resolutions especially), while not a fan of 3D(S) or especially anxious to get a (pre-slim) PSVITA.

Definitely bite on the Atlus sale (which is ending on the 31st) and get Persona 3: Portable for $10. Also get Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X.

Cheerilee

Lilac (light purple) one at Toys'R'Us for $75. Comes with a free 2GB Memory Stick. Hannah Montana stickers and UMDs also included. Use them or don't.

Do yourself a favor, buy a 32GB Memory Stick (or better yet, 32GB microSD and a microSD-to-MS adapter from Deal Extreme, assuming DX's slow shipping can arrive before your trip), install custom firmware, and rip your games to the Memory Stick. Effortless install (PSP security has been blasted to nothingness). Longer battery life. Shorter loading times. Quieter operation. Lighter weight. Carry your entire collection with your system and never need to change discs.

And what are the best games for the system (i like good rpg/action/adventure/puzzle games, while i dislike racing/fighting games) ?
Probably best to just see what's available at your local EB or wherever, because PSP game selection is starting to disappear.

Kaper

PSP is an RPG god. The following games are all highly recommended:

Tactic/Strategy RPGs in no specific order: Disgaea series, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Jeanne d'Arc, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. The Ys series games are pretty pro action rpgs. God of War games are beautiful on the PSP. Exit, Lumines, and PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient were fun puzzle games.

The list goes on...

EDIT BECAUSE I'M EASILY DISTRACTED:
Ruby's post above
Do get a large memory stick and do get custom firmware, it really makes the psp shine. Don't forget the PSN store has a great selection of games (most of the games in my list are available on the store).

soultron

Banned
Anyone in Toronto near Bloor+Lansdowne should check out Galleria Mall (I'm so sorry) because their Zellers is liquidating the fuck out of the place.

DSi XL bundle with Mario Vs. Donkey Kong (or whatever) was $107.99

Lots of DS stuff, Wii, 360, and PS3 games for 60% off their lowest ticketed price. (I snagged Steel Diver and Prof. Laton Unwound)

Not the best selection really, but if you're looking for stuff you might've passed up, you can probably get it for less than $10.

And before you ask, no, they didn't have super new releases and the only system/console they were selling was the DSi XL bundle.

TheExodu5

Banned
Does anyone have experience buying shisha/hookah stuff online in Canada? Not sure where to look for gear and/or tobacco. I have a friendly Syrian source for getting some good quality tobacco on the cheap, but it's in rather large quantities, so I wouldn't mind just getting small samplers somewhere.

Anyone in Toronto near Bloor+Lansdowne should check out Galleria Mall (I'm so sorry) because their Zellers is liquidating the fuck out of the place.

DSi XL bundle with Mario Vs. Donkey Kong (or whatever) was $107.99

Lots of DS stuff, Wii, 360, and PS3 games for 60% off their lowest ticketed price. (I snagged Steel Diver and Prof. Laton Unwound)

Not the best selection really, but if you're looking for stuff you might've passed up, you can probably get it for less than $10.

And before you ask, no, they didn't have super new releases and the only system/console they were selling was the DSi XL bundle.

I will check this out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom