• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just wanted to say I finally visited Game Mania (Bloor & Keele, Toronto). It's nice to have another mom n' pop game shop in the city, and this place reminds me of a place I loved growing up. Their selection of older generation stuff is decent, but overpriced, and they have plenty of current generation items. Best part of the shop is the television units they have setup that you can play on. I'm not sure if they charge you, or if it's free, but it's a good idea.
Large store, not cramped. Could be a good place for tournaments if they ever do that.

I'm worried they won't last more than a year though if the pricing. Obviously they can't offer Game Centre prices right off the bat, considering how much action Game Centre receives, but they might have to offer other services to stay in business.

If you're in the area though, check them out.

I just wanted to say I finally visited Game Mania (Bloor & Keele, Toronto). It's nice to have another mom n' pop game shop in the city, and this place reminds me of a place I loved growing up. Their selection of older generation stuff is decent, but overpriced, and they have plenty of current generation items. Best part of the shop is the television units they have setup that you can play on. I'm not sure if they charge you, or if it's free, but it's a good idea.
Large store, not cramped. Could be a good place for tournaments if they ever do that.

I'm worried they won't last more than a year though if the pricing. Obviously they can't offer Game Centre prices right off the bat, considering how much action Game Centre receives, but they might have to offer other services to stay in business.

If you're in the area though, check them out.

I need to give them some business.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I need to give them some business.

Next time I'm in, I might try to convince them to hold a Mario Kart, or Smash Bro tournament, or something. At least plant the idea in their head.

I can't find a website for them either. If they listed their stock and prices, they'd be one step ahead of A&C Games and Game Centre in that regard.

Next time I'm in, I might try to convince them to hold a Mario Kart, or Smash Bro tournament, or something. At least plant the idea in their head.

I can't find a website for them either. If they listed their stock and prices, they'd be one step ahead of A&C Games and Game Centre in that regard.

I'd be shocked if they didn't hold a tournament with those screens.

As for Galleria Mall, I'm heading there now. Is this sale only at that location right now? I imagine all of them are closing down.

bryehn

Does anyone have experience buying shisha/hookah stuff online in Canada? Not sure where to look for gear and/or tobacco. I have a friendly Syrian source for getting some good quality tobacco on the cheap, but it's in rather large quantities, so I wouldn't mind just getting small samplers somewhere.

I'd be interested in this too actually.

Cheerilee

As for Galleria Mall, I'm heading there now. Is this sale only at that location right now? I imagine all of them are closing down.

Some Zellers are going to be converted to Targets, and others are just getting shut down. I think different stores have different degrees of sales going on.

If that one is totally doomed, it'd make sense for the sales to be bigger.

zroid

Banned
$19.99 Future Shop Vita deals: (July 20-26 flyer)

Rayman Origins
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Toronto GAF, noticed today that Game Centre at Yonge/Charles has Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword new for $19.99.

Also, YMMV, but Staples has marked down some (Wii?) games for clearance in store. $20 for:
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-Wii Party
-Kirby Return to Dreamland

Cactus

Banned
Toronto GAF, noticed today that Game Centre at Yonge/Charles has Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword new for $19.99.

Also, YMMV, but Staples has marked down some (Wii?) games for clearance in store. $20 for:
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-Wii Party
-Kirby Return to Dreamland

Were you at a specific store? I'm in downtown Toronto as well and I would love to pick up Kirby for $20.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
July 20-26 Flyers from CAG.

Best Buy

XBOX 250GB Summer Value Bundle (includes AC Brotherhood & HDMI cable) $299.99
PS3 320GB COD MW3 Bundle (includes GOW 3 & HDMI cable) $299.99
PSV ( includes Wipeout 2048 & Reality Fighter) $249.99
3DS (includes Steel Diver & Nintendogs + Cats) $169.99

RZ pre-order
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Sleeping Dogs
Darksider 2
Madden 13
Tekken
Farcry 3

Future Shop

God War Origins Dual Shock Bundle $39.99
Madden 12 $29.99

$39.99
PGA Tour 13
SSX
Mass Effect 3
FIFA 12

PSV (includes $50 GC) $249.99

$19.99
Rayman Origins (PSV)
Lumines (PSV)
Dungeon Hunter (PSV)

XBOX 250GB Summer Bundle with HDMI cable & COD MW2 $299.99
XBOX chrome controller $64.99
12 Month Live card $59.99

FS steelbook pre-order
Sleeping Dogs
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Halo 4

Kid Icarus (includes 10 AR cards) $39.99

Walmart

PS3 320GB Move bundle $299

PS3 move accessories @ $19.83
Sharpshooter
Nav controller
Charging station

PS3 move motion controller $34.83

2 for $30 move games
Carnival
Everybody Dance
Start the Party
Medieval Moves
Playstation Heroes
Eyepet & friends

Is that instore only? I checked online and it's still regular price.
Starts tomorrow.

Meh. Only game I wanted was Resistance 3. When you have a 60% off sale it's not really worth it to have year old games at full regular price. There was a regular dsi for $92 behind the counter.

MarkusRJR

I was just going to ask this. Made a Paypal account because of D3 and have no idea where to spend my newly earned cash. I know NCIX accepts Paypal, but their shipping is pretty pricey and their selection is limited for games. Let me know how eStarland works out for ya.
I'll give you a heads up. I just bought Elite Bear Agents for $15 and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for $25. Both new. They seem to have some good prices for new DS games. And yes, there are so few online video game stores that support PayPal. It's kind of a shame. There's only ebay, NCIX, Newegg (only sells accessories/parts in Canada), PLAY (Pal games only), eStarland, and Play Asia. There's probably a few more but I'm not aware of them.

Didn't see it posted, but for anyone interested in Mass Effect 3 for PC, Gamestop/Impulse has it on for 50% off:

http://www.impulsedriven.com/mailers/2012/July/7.19_Email.html

Despite saying "US Only" for the Mass Effect 3 price I was able to purchase and download it (and register it on Origin). The 360 and PS3 versions seem to be on sale frequently, but this is the first time I've seen the PC version under $60 CAD.

There's lots of other RPG's on sale there to, but since this one was listed as "US Only" but worked in Canada nonetheless, I figured it was worth mentioning in the Canada Deals thread.

i-Lo

I don't know if this counts as a deal however Bestbuy are selling The Witcher 2 for $40.00 which I have found to be the lowest atm in Canada.

Kindly advise correction if a lower price is found.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I might make a BST post for some games, but anyone in Ottawa interested in a 360 250gb slim? GAF discount holla.

snorggy

Anyone played dungeon hunter vita? How is the loot? Kind of interested in playing a diablo clone on the go and $20 sounds like a decent price!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doesn't look like BC is included. I work like 10 minutes from RCSS, I would have made a lunch trip there. I'm glad it's not in BC though, hoarders will ruin the 'deals', fuck them.
Yeah there's already an account in that thread of someone walking out of my only semi-near store with 30+ games :/

Might still try to go but it is always disheartening.

Deals for the 20th - 26th

Future Shop

Free $50 gift card with PlayStation Vita purchase – $249.99

Free copy of Modern Warfare 2 and an HDMI cable with Xbox 360 250GB Summer Value Bundle purchase – $299.99

Rayman Origins (PSV), Lumines: Electronic Symphony, Dungeon Hunter (PSV) – $19.99 (save $20) each

God of War Origins Collection + Red Dualshock 3 – $39.99 (save $20)

Madden NFL 12 – $29.99

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, SSX, Mass Effect 3, or Fifa 12 – $39.99 (save $20) each

Best Buy

Free copy of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and an HDMI cable with purchase of an Xbox 360 250GB Summer Value Bundle – $299.99

Free copy of God of War 3 and an HDMI cable with a PS3 320GB Modern Warfare 3 Bundle – $299.99

Free copies of Wipeout 2048 and Reality Fighters with PlayStation Vita purchase – $249.99

Free copies of Steel Diver and Nintendogs + Cats – $169.99

Get 800 Reward Zone points with pre-orders of Kingdom Hearts 3D, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, Madden NFL 13, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, or Far Cry 3

EB Games

Starting July 23rd, get 20% extra credit when trading towards the pre-order of any game

Buy 2 Skylanders Figurines, Get 1 Free (22nd – 28th)

Dragon’s Dogma – $49.99 (save $10, 23rd – 29th)

Modern Warfare 3 – $39.99 (save $20)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – $29.99 (save $10)

Street Fighter x Tekken – $39.99 (save $20)

Starcraft 2 – $39.99 (save $10)

World of Warcraft Battlechest – $9.99 (starts 22nd)

Ghost Recon Tritton Headset – $179.99 (save $20)

Tritton Detonator Headset – $79.99 (save $10)

Tritton Trigger Headset – $49.99 (save $10)

All Power Trade Deals end July 22nd

Wal-Mart

PS3 320GB Move bundle $299 (save $50)

PS3 Sharpshooter, PS Navigation Controller, Charging Station – $19.99 (save $10 – $20)

PS3 move motion controller – $34.83 (save $15)

Carnival Island, Everybody Dance, Start the Party, Medieval Moves, Playstation Heroes, Eyepet and Friends – 2 for $30

Toys R Us

25% off of all Batman video games

via Trendy Gamers

^^Is this reportable? He only shills the Trendy Gamers site (and the deals are a repost anyway).

I don't 'shill' this site. It posts deals, they are good, from what I've seen, everyone wants you to put links to where you got the info.

If I'm allowed to, I'll remove links but I figured it would help everyone out to have the deals in one place because the site stays up to date with canadian deals.

Takao

Banned
Will buy Lumines and Rayman for Vita. I'll probably just price match at Wal-Mart or something since I don't feel like trekking out to FutureShop.

I don't 'shill' this site. It posts deals, they are good, from what I've seen, everyone wants you to put links to where you got the info.

If I'm allowed to, I'll remove links but I figured it would help everyone out to have the deals in one place because the site stays up to date with canadian deals.

Most of the cross-posting here is from CAG and RFD. There's no need to link to those sites, but when a new site pops up from a Junior, I get suspicious.

Plus:

He has 10 total posts on GAF and 9 of them link to Trendy Gamers. :lol

I'm not going to report you as long as you don't repost deals and stop referencing Trendy Gamers. For all we know they grab their stuff from CAG/RFD anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, forgot I had one of those 10 dollar coupon things for buying Gravity Rush. Rayman Vita for 10 bucks was a nice pick up.

I find it sad that as much as I wanted to move to pure digital for the Vita, the fact that the games are at least 50% cheaper at retail makes that decision kind of easy to make. lol

All of the big 3 are doing 6gb/5gb super plans. Awww yeah my contract just ended.

Alert alert alert

This plan does not require a contract renewal, if you are on any plan you can bump up to this right away. I will point out that the deadline for the plan expiration is looking at around mid august but my guess is that it will be kept as the back to school crowd will want it.

For those of you interested in bell promos I can actually update this thread with those going forward as well as whatever rogers or telus is doing. Currently there is a non contract bundle 7 which has a call display and a 3 slot voicemail in it. New activations are getting money off their phones as well as accessory credits depending on where you end up...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, since we're talking phones. If I were to go into an Apple store and buy an unlocked iphone, what's the cheapest no-contract plan I can get out here in Ontario?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Mobilicity:

- Unlimited Data
- Unlimited North American Talk
- Unlimited Global Text
- 60 Minutes North American Voice Roaming
- Phone Protection Plan
- Voicemail, Caller ID and Call Features

30$

Edit: Oh wait, iPhone. Nevermind.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mobilicity:

- Unlimited Data
- Unlimited Global Text
- Phone Protection Plan

30$

Erp, why don't iphones work on Mobilicity?

Ah:
Our network uses a frequency called AWS, with bands 1700/2100. At this time, the iPhone doesn't work on this frequency. But we have a wide selection of other brand name phones that you can pair with any of our unlimited plans.

That sucks. :(

Sajjaja

Mobilicity:

- Unlimited Data
- Unlimited Global Text
- Phone Protection Plan

30$

Whoa really...$30? I'm on Wind right now with a Nexus S on WindTab+ and am paying $40 a month. How is their network compared to wind if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom