• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

uhh online...Still waiting for in-store :/

There's nothing wrong with buying from Apple directly. The shipping is free with no strings attached.

For retail, dream on this board said he bought his from fido or something without contract.

I bought mine without contract because I didn't want to extend my contract just to get a subsidy. Also I'm taking my talents outside of Canada in a year, so paying out of the extended contract would be silly.

bladeshimmer

Neo Member
Just picked up Vanquish for PS3 for $15.00 at RCSS from their value games display. I couldn't find it anywhere when it was a $10 EB daily deal last year, so I was pretty happy to find a new copy at a decent price again.

Also noticed Resonance of Fate for PS3 for $19.99 at London Drugs in their value games bin, the same price Walmart had several months ago.

the3ye

There's nothing wrong with buying from Apple directly. The shipping is free with no strings attached.

For retail, dream on this board said he bought his from fido or something without contract.

I bought mine without contract because I didn't want to extend my contract just to get a subsidy. Also I'm taking my talents outside of Canada in a year, so paying out of the extended contract would be silly.

my CC can't go through their system...I believe it's because it has overseas billing address :/
bummer

kitzkozan

Seems EBgames is going to do another trade more get more (trade 3 get $10 extra, trade 5 get $20 and 7 get $30). Time to trim the fat of my backlog and trade in about 12 games for $150 instore credit. :p If you don't have the time to go through a big backlog, I think it's just better to sell or trade some of those games while the store give you bonus $$$ for them.

I would prefer a trade 4 for $20 extra from bestbuy (since there's no minimum value requirement), but this is going to do for now.

iphys

Will they let us do the trade more deal and use the credit for 3DS eShop cards? I notice they have a separate trade-in offer towards gift cards, psn cards, etc. that says it can't be combined with other trade-in offers, like being able to trade in towards cards is some sort of special deal in itself that we shouldn't be allowed to get any extra credit if we trade for those. I find that really strange that the store credit would normally be restricted from those, especially since the only time I ever traded in there before was when they had a deal where they were specifically giving 20% extra credit if you traded toward prepaid cards, and I thought in the past they also had offers where they were trading prepaid cards for $8 qualifiers.

lupinko

my CC can't go through their system...I believe it's because it has overseas billing address :/
bummer

Yeah for Apple you need to have your billing address match your shipping address.

I know it's not your situation but in general it's still bullshit because if you wanted to ship it to your work you can't since the addresses have to match.

Luckily the day I got my phone I was home sick from work. lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm seeing them next tuesday, how was it? What tracks did they do?
Off the top of my head: Mario medley, Zelda medley, Castlevania medley, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross intro FMV, Final Fantasy (Liberi Fatali and Aerith's theme), Pokemon (Theme, Battle Theme, Team Rocket sign along), Civilization 4 (Baba Yetu), Portal (Still Alive), Skyrim, Mass Effect 1 (intro + text crawl theme).

There was a great Majora's Mask costume that won the contest, and a very pretty Oracle of Ages/Nayru that sat behind me and also did quite well.

Seems EBgames is going to do another trade more get more (trade 3 get $10 extra, trade 5 get $20 and 7 get $30). Time to trim the fat of my backlog and trade in about 12 games for $150 instore credit.

Unfortunately it doesn't stack like that -- it's 7+ games for $30. It also definitely can't be combined with any other offer, as I found out yesterday when I traded in 7 games toward a bunch of preorders.

heya, just traded for prof layton,

i tried the 20 Dollars off Farcry (online) and it seems to be working!

FSFARCRY3AC3CREDIT

:)

Edit: btw if somebody has Staples coupons for Canada they're not using, please lookupon this kind soul that needs it <3

Stat!

Are there any deals for ACIII from FS or something?

Anyone know of any?

Part of kinda wants to trade the Halo 4 I ordered for ACIII even though its next week.Alhough I know for a couple years now, AC has been $30 at Ebgames in December.

RS4-

Are there any deals for ACIII from FS or something?

Anyone know of any?

Part of kinda wants to trade the Halo 4 I ordered for ACIII even though its next week.Alhough I know for a couple years now, AC has been $30 at Ebgames in December.

Halo retains more value imo.

wingz

Good shit Futureshop. They mailed me a sealed AC3 Steelbook, which I must say is their best design yet for a steelbook. Just looks so brilliant!

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like every copy of AC3 is getting branding of some kind on the box art. My copy arrived this morning from Future Shop and it doesn't have a store name on it, but it does have "SPECIAL EDITION" listed in English/French/Spanish along the top. Still better than that ugly blue "Walmart Edition"!

Gadirok

IS ragnorak odyssey coming out today? Or is it true that for canada it got delayed to the 6th. I'm slightly annoyed if its true, because I just found out about that game a few weeks ago, and got hyped up about it this morning only to find out its not available.

Good shit Futureshop. They mailed me a sealed AC3 Steelbook, which I must say is their best design yet for a steelbook. Just looks so brilliant!

Just got my steelbook as well...

Delivery guy woke me up. I was expecting 4 packages today, so I was like "YAY". I open the door and he hands me this huge box.

So here I am thinking "oh, wow, this box is big, FS must have packaged my four games all together"

I open the fucking box and what's in it? Just the ACIII steelbook.

I could not be more fucking angry right now... I guess it's partially my fault for not asking "where are my other 3 packages?", but how the fuck would I know this was how it was going to go down as soon as I get out of bed? UGH

wingz

Just got my steelbook as well...

Delivery guy woke me up. I was expecting 4 packages today, so I was like "YAY". I open the door and he hands me this huge box.

So here I am thinking "oh, wow, this box is big, FS must have packaged my four games all together"

I open the fucking box and what's in it? Just the ACIII steelbook.

I could not be more fucking angry right now... I guess it's partially my fault for not asking "where are my other 3 packages?", but how the fuck would I know this was how it was going to go down as soon as I get out of bed? UGH

Yeah, my steelbook also came in a box, while my game came in a separate bubble mailer, all stuffed in my mailbox. I understand why they had to send it as two separate orders to make sure everyone got the steelbook from their AC3 orders. I think the reason that they put the steelbook in a box is that people were complaining on the their forums that bubble mailers was not good enough packaging for steelbooks, so they switch it up to a box with paper filling.

Vamphuntr

If you're a tsilon member there will be two new perks coming up tonight or tommorrow.

20$ off COD BLOPS 2 360/PS3/PC
10$ off COD Declassified Vita

Anyone in QC having trouble finding Layton at Future Shop? It's not in stock on Best Buy's website either. I'm thinking it could be another french language-related issue... :/

Vamphuntr

Anyone in QC having trouble finding Layton at Future Shop? It's not in stock on Best Buy's website either. I'm thinking it could be another french language-related issue... :/

My Walmart has it... With Layton stores here usually offer both the English and the France (EU) version with the PEGI logo and all that.

My Walmart has it... With Layton stores here usually offer both the English and the France (EU) version with the PEGI logo and all that.

Ok, good to know. EB Games probably has it as well. But I'd really like to pick it up at FutureShop because of the trade 1 - get 1 deal. I already picked up a cheap qualifier in advance...

IS ragnorak odyssey coming out today? Or is it true that for canada it got delayed to the 6th. I'm slightly annoyed if its true, because I just found out about that game a few weeks ago, and got hyped up about it this morning only to find out its not available.

I think it's available via PSN this week, and then in stores next week.

iphys

So pissed at Canada Post. The delivery info for my $20 copy of Layton from E3 says successfully delivered an hour ago, but it's not in my mailbox. If it says "do not safe drop" in the shipping features, doesn't that mean they're supposed to actually ring my doorbell and leave a delivery card if I'm not home?

So pissed at Canada Post. The delivery info for my $20 copy of Layton from E3 says successfully delivered an hour ago, but it's not in my mailbox. If it says "do not safe drop" in the shipping features, doesn't that mean they're supposed to actually ring my doorbell and leave a delivery card if I'm not home?

Should leave a delivery card... most of the time my post man doesn't and when I see the status online I know it's at the post office.

bryehn

Sometimes they leave the card the next day. It's in their policy FAQs. No shit.

That doesn't excuse them not ringing/knocking though. Was happening all the time here for a while.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I've had them mash things into my tiny little apartment building mailbox, to the point of ruining the case / package. Canada Post; Not quite as bad as UPS though. That's the nicest thing I can say about them.

amatecha

Argh, $20 off code for H4 preorder didn't work for me just now... Tried to order the ltd edition. Emailed Tsilon... hopefully they can help me out... heh

xCobalt

So I didn't get the AC3 steelbook for my preorder. I ordered quite a long time ago...during the E3 promotion I think. How would I go about getting the steelbook?

RS4-

So I didn't get the AC3 steelbook for my preorder. I ordered quite a long time ago...during the E3 promotion I think. How would I go about getting the steelbook?

I think its just a YMMV thing. I got one for BL2, but I didn't get one for RE6. You just have to hope that they email you about the steel book offer.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

Complain to Future Shop. The steelbook was supposed to be added to every pre-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom