• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

I love that Futureshop sent me steelbook in a very very very big box with paper protection.

And the game is in a stupid envelope. It got crushed. The plastic game case is broken into many many many sharp pieces.

The steelbook came separately in a very very very big box.
My game case is crushed so badly it can not be used because it came in an envelope.

zroid

Banned
Anyone seen Ragnarok Odyssey anywhere on retail in Toronto. I know the game is dated for next Tuesday but maybe a smaller store might have it.
Unlikely I think... The delay was related to shipping across the border taking longer, so no reason to expect some stores to sell it significantly earlier.

I love that Futureshop sent me steelbook in a very very very big box with paper protection.

And the game is in a stupid envelope. It got crushed. The plastic game case is broken into many many many sharp pieces.

The steelbook came separately in a very very very big box.
My game case is crushed so badly it can not be used because it came in an envelope.

I think you should be able to get it exchanged at a store... Probably. Also, dat avatar!

Quadratic

Just did the trade 1 game for ZoE HD collection at FS. The whole trade in process there is so time consuming and tedious. Needing managerial approval and adding credit to a store credit card seems so unnecessary. I was talking to the clerk helping me with the trade in and he agreed that it's convoluted. So in the end I got ZoE HD for a $20 copy of Armored Core V.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just did the trade 1 game for ZoE HD collection at FS. The whole trade in process there is so time consuming and tedious. Needing managerial approval and adding credit to a store credit card seems so unnecessary. I was talking to the clerk helping me with the trade in and he agreed that it's convoluted. So in the end I got ZoE HD for a $20 copy of Armored Core V.
Yeah. The problem is that they need manager passwords twice. I was lucky in that I got the supervisor to do my trade for me so there was no waiting at least.

So I didn't get the AC3 steelbook for my preorder. I ordered quite a long time ago...during the E3 promotion I think. How would I go about getting the steelbook?

I didn't get one either. Ordered during the Borderlands2/AC3 tsilon.ca perk.

I did get my BL2 steelbook but not this time. I'm just going to forget about it. I'm sick and tired of hounding after future shop for pre-order items.

So I didn't get the AC3 steelbook for my preorder. I ordered quite a long time ago...during the E3 promotion I think. How would I go about getting the steelbook?

I didn't get one either. Ordered during the Borderlands2/AC3 tsilon.ca perk.

I did get my BL2 steelbook but not this time. I'm just going to forget about it. I'm sick and tired of hounding after future shop for pre-order items.

I got an email from future shop and they linked me to a page to order the steelbook seperately. Coming in the mail with my AC3 order.

Check your emails? IIRC it expires on the 31st.

cjkeats

Went to Best Buy to get the white Vita, and there were none on the shelf. So I asked and the guy went out back to check cause he was "sure he saw them". Comes back to tell me that they got 13 of them that all somehow got wet and ruined in the truck that delivered them.
I didn't know what to say.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My AC3 was in a small little plastic bag and the steelbook came separately in a massive box 99% full of brown paper and 1% full of steelbook.

First solo steelbook I've gotten so.. I don't know what to do with my regular case now.

Pharros

Went to Best Buy to get the white Vita, and there were none on the shelf. So I asked and the guy went out back to check cause he was "sure he saw them". Comes back to tell me that they got 13 of them that all somehow got wet and ruined in the truck that delivered them.
I didn't know what to say.

That makes me want to cry a little. One of those could have been mine :(

kitzkozan

Unfortunately it doesn't stack like that -- it's 7+ games for $30. It also definitely can't be combined with any other offer, as I found out yesterday when I traded in 7 games toward a bunch of preorders.

Of course not, but I won't trade more than 7 games at once. :] If you are smart and I suppose you are, you trade 7 in at the store and come back to trade 5 more. Heck, some clerks will actually allow you to trade your game in batch since they know you want the extra credit depending on the number of title you trade in (so if you trade in 12 games, they know you want the $30 for 7 and $20 for 5).

Magnus

Where'd you buy it for $20?

cjkeats

That makes me want to cry a little. One of those could have been mine :(

Everywhere else in town got them, only problem is missing out on the gift card at BB. Future Shop has the same deal on however, but I just went to EB to get it with the last Z.O.E. collectors edition in the city.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I noticed that the Futureshop version of AC3 is a "special edition". Does anyone know what is special about it? Or all of them special editions? lol

isny

napkin dispenser
Well, I picked up two copies of Lollipop and traded one for Layton. I hope they do a trade-in deal for Paper Mario, I'll use the other copy then.

I wouldn't assume Lolipop will still be eligible. You may be better off getting two copies of Layton.

Maximus.

I hope stores like toyrus and best buy bring back the buy 1 get a percent off another game soon. Ive been waiting patiently for that deal to come back, since it was prominent last holidays.

Tagg9

I hope stores like toyrus and best buy bring back the buy 1 get a percent off another game soon. Ive been waiting patiently for that deal to come back, since it was prominent last holidays.

Wait until around Black Friday. There should be some decent deals then (I hope).

Sajjaja

I just noticed that in my Futureshop flyer (live in the GTA) it has Little Big Planet Karting listed at $9.99.

Gotta be a price error right? Could you PM at Walmart?

zroid

Banned
I just noticed that in my Futureshop flyer (live in the GTA) it has Little Big Planet Karting listed at $9.99.

dahell. definitely an error, but I'm not necessarily opposed to attempted error exploitation :p

Tagg9

Yeah, there's a big thread on RFD about this. Makes for a hilarious read. Someone apparently emailed all the major chains (Walmart, TRU, BB, etc.) and told them that people were planning to price match the price error. As you can imagine, everyone has been cussing the guy out and sending death threats to him for tipping off retailers haha.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, there's a big thread on RFD about this. Makes for a hilarious read. Someone apparently emailed all the major chains (Walmart, TRU, BB, etc.) and told them that people were planning to price match the price error. As you can imagine, everyone has been cussing the guy out and sending death threats to him for tipping off retailers haha.

LOL

cjkeats

Best Buy is having a reward Zone member "private shopping event" Sunday from 7pm-9pm.
Linky link.
25% off used games, 10% off regular priced games, 15% off accessories.
People looking to switch carries to Bell or Telus can get a free S3.

isny

napkin dispenser
Best Buy is having a reward Zone member "private shopping event" Sunday from 7pm-9pm.
Linky link.
25% off used games, 10% off regular priced games, 15% off accessories.
People looking to switch carries to Bell or Telus can get a free S3.

Accessories include points cards BTW. Or at least they did the last time this event happened.

krae_man

Translated from French: ''This Friday, a Price Error will show in the English FutureShop Flyer for LittleBigPlanet Kart. The price show in the flyer is $9,99 which is not true. Do NOT Price Match because it's a Price Error and it's not supposed to be sale at that price. Please advised Store Manager, Department Manager and every CSR in the electronics department. Furthermore, people from the Website ''RedFlagDeals'' will try to abuse of this promo so DO NO ACCEPT ANY Price Match.''

HA HA HA HA HA

DJ_Lae

Oh man, give that guy a medal.

I'm just picturing the RFDers raging and pounding their keyboards after that, and it's hilarious.

krae_man

Oh man, give that guy a medal.

I'm just picturing the RFDers raging and pounding their keyboards after that, and it's hilarious.

5cB5t.gif

Didn't see this mentioned. Pre-order Far Cry 3 (PS3) from Futureshop for $40.00 (coupon code in link). Thanks to GameDealsCanada. I also noticed when placing the order that it comes with a steelbook:

https://twitter.com/GameDealsCanada

I was going to get the 360 version but I imagine that both versions will be quite close this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom