• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I picked up two copies of Lollipop and traded one for Layton. I hope they do a trade-in deal for Paper Mario, I'll use the other copy then.

I had to fight to keep my Fido plan when I got my iPhone 5 friday.

55$ for 6gb, 200 mins day, 1000 minutes nights/week ends, unlimited incoming calls, caller ID and 100 texts.

Suits me just fine, I really don't need more than that.

I am really dreading to negotiate next year for my iPhone 5S with Fido as my current plan is super good and gives me everything I need. It is pretty much like yours with more text thrown in and somehow at a lower price (below $50), so I don't think they are going to let me upgrade to an iPhone 5S without switching to a more expensive plan. :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I am really dreading to negotiate next year for my iPhone 5S with Fido as my current plan is super good and gives me everything I need. It is pretty much like yours with more text thrown in and somehow at a lower price (below $50), so I don't think they are going to let me upgrade to an iPhone 5S without switching to a more expensive plan. :/
At that point, you might as well buy an unlocked phone and keep your current contract.

RS4-

Yeah that's like a standard data plan, overpriced to shit and doesn't leave much choice for the whole non mobi/wind thing.

If it was possible for me to get rid of the 5000 texts or whatever they're giving me and reduce my plan by $5, I'd love to. I'd trade minutes too.

Best Buy has the Assassins Creed III Limited Edition bundle for $199

10207430.jpg

Great deal and I am tempted.

cjkeats

Oh man that white vita. That's a good price.

so unn...anyone wanna buy a lightly used black Vita?
I'm kidding. Well, sort of.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well, I picked up two copies of Lollipop and traded one for Layton. I hope they do a trade-in deal for Paper Mario, I'll use the other copy then.

I'll probably end up doing the same today. If they take it off the trade in list before Paper Mario, I'll just return it.

I wish I knew if they were doing T2 for Wii U titles. It's probably the only way I'm picking up ZombiU at launch.

Link doesnt work. I have a $50 bb gc, the problem is that the 8gb is worthless. I need at least a 32 due to all my psp, ps1 and music. In fact, the 16gb on my psp is basically full and the 16gb micro sd only has 5 gigs left... Fuck...

Link doesnt work. I have a $50 bb gc, the problem is that the 8gb is worthless. I need at least a 32 due to all my psp, ps1 and music. In fact, the 16gb on my psp is basically full and the 16gb micro sd only has 5 gigs left... Fuck...

Which link are you talking about? The Best Buy one works just fine.

Either way, go to Future Shop/Best Buy site and the promotion should be there on their main page.

If anyone is looking for another good trade deal for tomorrow's release day explosion, EB is brought back their Trade More Get More promotion -- trading in 3 games (minimum $3 value) gets an extra $10, 5 gets you $20, and 7+ gets $30. I've been stocking up games in anticipation of buying a crapload of stuff tomorrow, so I may take advantage of it.

Is that for this week? I thought Sonic Racing wasn't out until mid November (or at least that's what their site is saying).

Yeah, Sonic Racing isn't out until November 16th (PS360)/18th (WiiU)/December 11th (Vita and 3DS). Not sure why FS is advertising it now.

Gritesh

Just a heads up for anyone who is impatient like me or just bored tonight.

Walmart Supercenter, the new one at Northgate Mall in Edmonton has Need for Speed out on the shelves for all consoles and vita

Also to be found is Assasins Creed 3 Limited editions, I did not see any of the regular editions there.

I bought Need for Speed, but didn't want to probe too much about Assassins Creed 3 because I didn't want to shoot myself in the foot, the lady working in the electronics section is new.

Anyways they are there out on shelves right now if anyone wants to buy them tonight.

I need a new laptop, where is the best and cheapest laptops in Toronto? Range is around $150. I asked some at Kijiji, I dont mind a used one, but it needs:

Good RAM, 3/4 minimum.
Disc drive
Large HDD, like around 150-200GB.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated. :)

Gritesh

Best/Cheapest place to grab 12 months of Xbox live gold?

I rarely play my 360 but my buddy wanted me to get blops and NFS MW and Halo 4 so I could use some Xbox live gold access for a while.

Don't want to spend 60 dollars on it though

Which link are you talking about? The Best Buy one works just fine.

Either way, go to Future Shop/Best Buy site and the promotion should be there on their main page.

I was using my phone, maybe a bad transition from website to mobile.

But seriously, I'm going to go into my psp and see what things I can delete And what I can keep... First world problems.

krae_man

I need a new laptop, where is the best and cheapest laptops in Toronto? Range is around $150. I asked some at Kijiji, I dont mind a used one, but it needs:

Good RAM, 3/4 minimum.
Disc drive
Large HDD, like around 150-200GB.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated. :)

You're not going to get something new for that. The cheapest Netbooks are like $200 minimum and they won't have 4gb or RAM.

zroid

Banned
Ugh, lets hope SDM gets enough. I guess I can buy one and then return it on the day of the bonus redemption and then rebuy it with points.

Will they take it back? Shoppers have been declining returns on big ticket electronics recently. I think I might just forgo the $80 of the Mega Redemption and hopefully get it ASAP from Shoppers.

ozhenson

Just a heads up for anyone who is impatient like me or just bored tonight.

Walmart Supercenter, the new one at Northgate Mall in Edmonton has Need for Speed out on the shelves for all consoles and vita

Also to be found is Assasins Creed 3 Limited editions, I did not see any of the regular editions there.

I bought Need for Speed, but didn't want to probe too much about Assassins Creed 3 because I didn't want to shoot myself in the foot, the lady working in the electronics section is new.

Anyways they are there out on shelves right now if anyone wants to buy them tonight.

Oolala, Its a long drive from the west end, but what else is there to do? I am on it!

Thanks.

Anyone know if FutureShop even carries Ragnarok Odyssey? I couldn't find it on their website, and I'm hoping to go there to pick up a copy tomorrow morning.

isny

napkin dispenser
Will they take it back? Shoppers have been declining returns on big ticket electronics recently. I think I might just forgo the $80 of the Mega Redemption and hopefully get it ASAP from Shoppers.

Of course. It falls under their return policy. You can always keep it sealed if you're worried about it.

Astra

Anyone know if FutureShop even carries Ragnarok Odyssey? I couldn't find it on their website, and I'm hoping to go there to pick up a copy tomorrow morning.

Doesn't that come out November 6th in Canada? EBgames.ca has it listed as such, and so does amazon.ca.

Deadly

Was going to pre-order Halo 4 at BB since I can't get it from FS but now BB has the Quebec restriction too... WTF is this shit?!?!

zroid

Banned
Of course. It falls under their return policy. You can always keep it sealed if you're worried about it.

I was told recently at a Shoppers that electronics are final sale now. If it's sealed, they said they might take it back, but it would be at the store manager's discretion :(

Pharros

I've noticed the 3d Playstation Display seems to be out of stock at major retailers and production may have stopped. Anyone know if there's any truth to this? Was hoping to pick one up for a cheap price for a Christmas gift but it's not looking good :(

Astra

I've noticed the 3d Playstation Display seems to be out of stock at major retailers and production may have stopped. Anyone know if there's any truth to this? Was hoping to pick one up for a cheap price for a Christmas gift but it's not looking good :(

Not sure how reliable this is, but I tried to pick one up at EBgames last week, and they had none in stock. The guy said he would get one in for me from the warehouse, or from another Maritime store. Called me a few days later, and he was told they would not be getting any more in, and that it has been discontinued by Sony.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Considering they were being cleared out for like 150 bucks, I can't imagine that they'd be making more of them at this point. It's a product that bombed.

Pharros

Not sure how reliable this is, but I tried to pick one up at EBgames last week, and they had none in stock. The guy said he would get one in for me from the warehouse, or from another Maritime store. Called me a few days later, and he was told they would not be getting any more in, and that it has been discontinued by Sony.

This is what I figured, I hate myself for not jumping on the cheap clearance price... Damn :(

UberTag

Doesn't that come out November 6th in Canada? EBgames.ca has it listed as such, and so does amazon.ca.
Yep, I think we can take a delayed release in Canada for RO to the bank.
Whether it turns out to be only one week and whether the digital release will be delayed as well in Canada remains to be seen.

Astra

This is what I figured, I hate myself for not jumping on the cheap clearance price... Damn :(

Feel for you. The day I went in to buy it, it had been sold just hours before I walked in.

Wow, looks like the AC Vita bundle has sold out on futureshop and Best Buy's websites.
Glad I preordered that thing. I hope I still get the $50 gift card with the pre-order.

Yep, I think we can take a delayed release in Canada for RO to the bank.
Whether it turns out to be only one week and whether the digital release will be delayed as well in Canada remains to be seen.

Oh wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the update, now I gotta decide whether to use my $10 off FS coupon on Layton or AC3: Liberation instead. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom