• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Anyone know if the 15% off accessories at Future Shop applies to PSN cards? I want One Piece...
So futureshop has a trade 2, get a $60 gift card....and Lollipop Chainsaw is already off the list...booooo. As well as EVERY Vita game except uncharted, and EVERY 3DS game except NSMB2.
Urgh. Only game I have to trade in is Battlefield 3. I wouldn't have minded $60 for 2 games like that =[

zroid

Banned
Yeah it's ready for shipping but the order hasn't been placed with the courier/Canada Post yet. Once it's actually shipped it will indicate as much on your order status page, whether you've been notified via email or not.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, futureshop cancelled my $20 halo 4 order...

They didnt even send me an email
Damn, that sucks man.

Getting Halo 4 early would be the greatest thing ever but I've never personally received anything early from FS so I doubt that'll be the case.

DJ_Lae

I have a $20 off tsilon code for Blops if anyone wants it. As I would rather be kicked in the nuts than play a Call of Duty game someone else is welcome to it (the code, not kicking me in the gentlemen).

My $10 order's been charged, so they better not cancel it now.

Riptwo

Getting Halo 4 early would be the greatest thing ever but I've never personally received anything early from FS so I doubt that'll be the case.
As an Albertan, I don't think that I've ever actually received a game on time from Future Shop. I'm hoping that Halo 4 is the exception!

zroid

Banned
Is it worth talking to customer service or am i boned?

Well, I think at the VERY least, it's worth talking to them because even if they don't give you the $40 discount back, they should give you a $20 discount. That tsilon code was absolutely legit.

Cake Boss

Banned
What's FS policy on a game without its box art, I have the game and its game disc working perfectly but I spilled water on the game and basically ruined the box art/cover, so I took it out.

DJ_Lae

I still don't understand how they make money out of this.

I don't either, especially when they do it on non-game items like the 3DS:XL or (best yet) the Star Wars blu-ray set. Trading in two effectively worthless games and getting a $90 box set was bizarre but awesome.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So futureshop has a trade 2, get a $60 gift card....and Lollipop Chainsaw is already off the list...booooo. As well as EVERY Vita game except uncharted, and EVERY 3DS game except NSMB2.

So much for saving my spare Lollipop for Paper Mario.

Looks like Championship Jockey is finally off the Wii list. I guess they finally brought someone in that knew what they were doing.

cjkeats

I bought two new at EBgames. Traded one for Layton, just going to return the other new non-opened one.

Same thing I did, but now that you mention it I don't think I opened it yet. I was gonna use it on ZOE, but then I got the collectors edition instead.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor

Futureshop cancels orders on me all the time. I'll be waiting in line for a Wii U, despite putting in an online pre-order minutes after they opened...

I still don't understand how they make money out of this.

They don't. They view the games as a loss leader, which means they figure people will come in, get the game, and then buy other things -- ie "I bought this game, but can my TV really handle it? I'll buy a new one of those, too!"

I can't imagine many people think that way, though, particularly not people being enticed in by insane trade-in deals. I'm not going to complain about it, though, and I just hope they keep doing it for a little while longer.

Big Chungus

So i got a response bwck from FS, theyre saying the reason why they cancelled my order was because they had problems harging my credit card...which is bs because i used the same card on assassins creed vita and borderlands 2.

Is it worth escalating it?

FS has an online sale this weekend. 10% off pre-orders.

Blops 2 becomes $34 with tsilon code.
Blops Vita becomes $26 with tsilon code.

My bad, Blops Vita is $49.99. So it's $35.

So i got a response bwck from FS, theyre saying the reason why they cancelled my order was because they had problems harging my credit card...which is bs because i used the same card on assassins creed vita and borderlands 2.

Is it worth escalating it?

I had a friend with the exact same issue, card had worked fine before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom