• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my local Walmart at 6:30, already there were 7 people in line, they only got 6 systems. No luck.

Now lining up at a Best Buy or Future Shop don't think will have any luck either.

Is Costco getting any in store?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Went to my local Walmart at 6:30, already there were 7 people in line, they only got 6 systems. No luck.

Now lining up at a Best Buy or Future Shop don't think will have any luck either.

Not sure about Costco, but you might call up SDM (Basic only), or Staples.

Was at my local walmart to pick up bagels, and I swung by. They were selling the last non-preordered deluxe to someone. Oh well.

StevieP

Banned

I think only the "bigger" chains and specialty gaming stores (EB) will get consoles this week. The smaller volume chains (SDM, Source, etc) will get their Deluxes shipped for next week in the second shipment.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Heading out to Futureshop at Yonge and Dundas (Toronto) in a bit. Anyone there already, any sort of line? We have a preorder, but I just love lines too much and I don't want to be stuck behind the other hundred people with preorders.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If someone in Toronto isn't able to get a Deluxe Wii U and doesn't mind waiting a couple of days then you can have my extra one for what I'm paying ($395.49) once I get it. Kabuki Waq was interested but backed out because he got one this morning. Like I said before, I'm currently working at a site at Square One and live in Scarborough so meeting me along the 401 would be great. Even at one of the malls (Square One, Yorkdale, Fairview, Scarborough Town Centre) would be fine. Send me a PM.

EDIT: Pending to sweetvar26 if he's not able to find one himself. Feel free to get in line behind him in case he does find one himself.

If someone in Toronto isn't able to get a Deluxe Wii U and doesn't mind waiting a couple of days then you can have my extra one for what I'm paying ($395.49) once I get it. Kabuki Waq was interested but backed out because he got one this morning. Like I said before, I'm currently working at a site at Square One and live in Scarborough so meeting me along the 401 would be great. Even at one of the malls (Square One, Yorkdale, Fairview, Scarborough Town Centre) would be fine. Send me a PM.

Sent you a PM.

So are any of the future shops selling systems to people that didn't preorder? Specifically the Edmonton south common one. Haha.

I was stupid and didn't preorder and was busy and forgot to phone them and ask. The Walmart by my place only had 12 and I was like the 15th person there. Whoops!

Fuuuuuck.

Edit: also if anyone in Edmonton has any idea of where to get a deluxe anywhere in the city/surrounding areas please let me know. Haha.

Gritesh

I live in edmonton but I'm not there now, I am heading home today and passin through 2 smaller towns that have walmarts. I will be making a stop in at these to see if I can snag a deluxe.

If I get one I will also have a deluxe coming tomorrow or Tuesday from futureshop, ill keep you posted

I live in edmonton but I'm not there now, I am heading home today and passin through 2 smaller towns that have walmarts. I will be making a stop in at these to see if I can snag a deluxe.

If I get one I will also have a deluxe coming tomorrow or Tuesday from futureshop, ill keep you posted

Cool thanks for the update. I got a hold of a guy who works at the FS, he said they have at least a few for non-preorderers. They don't open till 11 though. So me and a bunch of other people will be chilling in our cars for a while. Haha.

At least I should get one though! Woo.

Picked up my Deluxe preorder at Toys R Us. Just waiting for Game Centre to open so I can user credit for games.

TRU might be my new favorite store. Anyone who ordered multiples was told they could only get one at launch. RFD am cry!

SeanNoonan

I'm gonna head down to the Future Shop downtown in Montreal and try my luck.

If there's no WiiU's I'm gonna pick up an Xbox 360 slim...

Ok, so FS Edmonton south common had 20 deluxe and 1 basic. They gave out tickets and let us go back in our cars. Haha.

They had 7 tickets left after they handed them out to everyone.

Yay. Wii u!

Hmm, well thats pretty cool. I dont know why but I figured that it'd take a while for it to notice Canadian boxes.

I'm not sure if the functionality. It let me power the box on and off and then I had to go into the system update. It will be cool enough if it just lets me change channels. My girlfriend has been wanting me to get a Universal remote. lol.

Not like there were plenty in stock to start with anyway.

Anyone who went out early could get one. The TRU I preordered at had people start lining up an hour before and about 8 of them got their consoles.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There was a small lineup of about 30 people at the Futureshop opening at Y&D. They had 35 Deluxe units (0 Basic Units) that were not preorders. About half the line was preorders, half were handed a number. Probably sold out by now.

Anth0ny

Future Shop at Jane and HWY 7 had about 15 people (two families with kids, so probably less than 10 Wii Us sold to the line). I was first in line, and the only person who pre-ordered. I got there at 9AM, store opened at 11. There was one base Wii U, and I got it. Everyone else got a deluxe.

Very different scenario from 6 years ago...

btkadams

Someone in the PS All-Stars thread said that ebgames (American) told him they were selling the game on Sunday rather than Tuesday. Can any of you Wii-U purchasers confirm if it was on sale at any of the stores you have visited today?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Future Shop at Jane and HWY 7 had about 15 people (two families with kids, so probably less than 10 Wii Us sold to the line). I was first in line, and the only person who pre-ordered. I got there at 9AM, store opened at 11. There was one base Wii U, and I got it. Everyone else got a deluxe.

Very different scenario from 6 years ago...

The Wii launch was insane. I was number 210 in line when I showed up to a Best Buy at 4am. But even the 3DS midnight launch at Y&D FS had twice.. maybe three times.. as many people as the Wii U launch today.

If anyone in Edmonton wants a Deluxe version and is willing to wait until tomorrow, I should have one coming from FS. Selling it for what I bought for.

NYR

Picked up one of the 19 Deluxe editions at Deerfoot Meadows Best Buy in Calgary. They had no basics, even if you preordered.

Was surprised at the line, or lack thereof. The 19 ended up being spoken for by the time the store opened, but only 15 minutes before the store opened. In other words, there were only 19 people in line 15 minutes before the store opened.

btkadams

hmmm i called futureshop and ebgames. they both said they would be selling all-stars on tuesday. i guess i will still wait. i hope my game ships soon.

Picked up one of the 19 Deluxe editions at Deerfoot Meadows Best Buy in Calgary. They had no basics, even if you preordered.

Was surprised at the line, or lack thereof. The 19 ended up being spoken for by the time the store opened, but only 15 minutes before the store opened. In other words, there were only 19 people in line 15 minutes before the store opened.

Wow really? There were more people in line back when I picked up my mgs4 80gig bc ps3. And that thing cost 500 bucks and wasn't even the a brand new release of a console. It was funny, the guy came out and gave us the DVD tie in box as proof we were supposed to get one because we waited in line. But you know 20 people showed up last minute to try and run in and grab one even though they were reserved behind the desk.

Someone in the PS All-Stars thread said that ebgames (American) told him they were selling the game on Sunday rather than Tuesday. Can any of you Wii-U purchasers confirm if it was on sale at any of the stores you have visited today?

I got a call from my local EB Games yesterday, telling me that the PSASBR street date was being broken, and that it would be available today. I go in to pick it up, and I find out that the guy doing the calling yesterday was a little too overwhelmed by Wii U preorders, and had been telling erroneously everyone that all the Tuesday games - PSASBR, Hitman, P4G - were out today. Boo. Apparently I wasn't the first person to go in and get disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom