• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
2012/11/19 05:02 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at local delivery facility

PROCESS FASTER.

I'm sitting near my front door at this point, kind of like a puppy staring out a window. It's kind of sad.

sikkinixx

2012/11/19 05:02 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at local delivery facility

PROCESS FASTER.

I'm sitting near my front door at this point, kind of like a puppy staring out a window. It's kind of sad.

I know the feeling. Wii U, NSMBU and blops 2 all being delivered today. And the fucking mail lady doesn't knock, just slaps a notice on the door and leaves so I need to watch out the damn door all day.

DJ_Lae

Anybody else pre-order Persona 4 Golden from bestbuy.ca? Mine hasn't shipped yet and I am sad :(

That reminds me I have to go and dig around and find out who I preordered it from. I know it's either EB, Amazon, Best Buy, or Future Shop, and I remember at some point I had two copies preordered (by accident, because apparently I have a problem) but canceled one. I just don't remember which one I canceled and which one I kept.

edit - oh god it's Amazon. Well, I'll get the game in a few weeks I guess.

frequency

Anybody else pre-order Persona 4 Golden from bestbuy.ca? Mine hasn't shipped yet and I am sad :(

I did.
It hasn't shipped for me either.

They haven't even changed the credit card yet. So I think it will be a while before I get it.
Atlus and other smaller publishers tend to be slower getting actual copies to Canadian retailers though so it's not that unusual I think.

EDIT:
My FS order shipped last night. Says I will receive it tomorrow though.

Well... I guess I was wrong about the slowness then.

My Wii tracking hasn't updated to on truck for delivery yet, it may still be in Scarborough instead of the Richmond Hill facility, lamesauce or they haven't scanned it today

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
My Wii U is now out for delivery.

I noticed Canada Post's tracking information isn't real time. It says it was out for delivery since 10:50AM from Mississauga -- but I checked five minutes before (at 11:35) and it wasn't updated =/.

It shouldn't take too long hopefully ... I live in Mississauga.

My Wii U is now out for delivery.

I noticed Canada Post's tracking information isn't real time. It says it was out for delivery since 10:50AM from Mississauga -- but I checked five minutes before (at 11:35) and it wasn't updated =/.

It shouldn't take too long hopefully ... I live in Mississauga.

As long as it doesn't show that it got diverted to another city you should be ok :p

krae_man

I hope I can pick up my WiiU after 5pm tonight and won't have to wait until tomorrow. I want to sell this as quickly as possible. I don't want to bother fighting with the other scalpers. I'll just post a Kijiji ad for $400 and watch my email get bombarded.

I got one at EB too so I would have it day one, but I have a $50 off one from tsilon one arriving in the mail today.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I hope I can pick up my WiiU after 5pm tonight and won't have to wait until tomorrow. I want to sell this as quickly as possible. I don't want to bother fighting with the other scalpers. I'll just post a Kijiji ad for $400 and watch my email get bombarded.

I got one at EB too so I would have it day one, but I have a $50 off one from tsilon one arriving in the mail today.

You're selling it? SMH.

iphys

I imagine Shoppers will still be getting more shipments in, but yeah, going to be pretty hard to score one at mega redemption this year. A good strategy might be to try to stock up on games and controllers at the mega redemption though and then get the system after. I'll probably try to get a Deluxe at a 20x at some point and just do the regular $170 redemption to at least earn bonus points on the remaining $180.

elty

I have a deluxe that I think I will just return it or sell it at cost.

I was interested at first, but my excitement cool down after the less than stellar impression. I guess I will just wait for the next Shopper's redemption event. It is not like I don't have enough backlog at this moment.

krae_man

Why'd you line up for a WiiU yesterday to then turn around and sell it for no profit?
Wanted one for launch day and selling your online pre-order when it arrives?

Yes.

I got a code from Tsilon to get $50 off through Futureshop.ca and I also preordered one from EB because I had to have it day one.

Edit: Also, why are you ignoring the KW thread you asked me to create?

UberTag

Yes.

I got a code from Tsilon to get $50 off through Futureshop.ca and I also preordered one from EB because I had to have it day one.

Edit: Also, why are you ignoring the KW thread you asked me to create?
It got created? Oooh... I need to go check it out.

gzero

This is a long shot but if anyone sees a deluxe Wii U around in Victoria/Langford, please PM me. My pre-order system is broken (http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/77984) and I can't find a new one to replace it with anywhere.

I know that feeling. My Wii U Pad came with a broken accelerometer, and I opted to send it in for repair instead. At least I can still play Mario U with just a Wiimote, but ZombiU and Nintendo Land will be collecting dust until I get a replacement.

pestul

So who's going to Old Navy Saturday morning to buy $40 worth of crap clothing for NSMBU? I think I'll do it and just use the clothes as xmas gifts.

Sora_N

So who's going to Old Navy Saturday morning to buy $40 worth of crap clothing for NSMBU? I think I'll do it and just use the clothes as xmas gifts.

I'm not working until 2:30...if I can get up I might do it but I work NEAR the Old Navy so not sure what I'm gonna do for 4.5 hours..lol.

Quadratic

Weird. I had my Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold edition cancelled by EBgames.ca. Anyone else have that happen to them? You can still order them online so I went ahead and made another order. I hope they have enough stock.

Weird. I had my Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold edition cancelled by EBgames.ca. Anyone else have that happen to them? You can still order them online so I went ahead and made another order. I hope they have enough stock.

I suspect you're out of luck; I think EB just neglected to pull the listing when they ran out of stock, they've done that many times before. Amazon took down their listing within a few hours of it going up, but EB has had it up for a few weeks; there's just no way that it's still available given the RFD traffic that page has had.

Vamphuntr

Thought it was US only, no?

Nah, it's in Canada too but on Saturday instead.

Amazon.ca Black Friday deals aren't good at all. It seems more like a clearance sale than a Black Friday sale. The videogames on sale are the same that were there last week (Nancy Drew, Fossil Fighters, etc)

krae_man

Nah, it's in Canada too but on Saturday instead.

Amazon.ca Black Friday deals aren't good at all. It seems more like a clearance sale than a Black Friday sale. The videogames on sale are the same that were there last week (Nancy Drew, Fossil Fighters, etc)

If you want movies, check out the US site. I snagged Farscape The Complete Series on Bluray for $59.99.

Sora_N

Anyone know where in Vancouver might have WiiU's left? (Basic preferred) My boss is trying to find one for the Christmas prize this year, and I'm gonna try to help her find a place that has one in stock so I can (possibly) win it lol.

EDIT: Looks like she got a hold of one, I'm gonna pay for tickets and hope to win! :)

Lothars

I am still waiting on Bestbuy to ship my Wii-U, it hasn't charged me yet and I am not sure why but at least the orders not canceled or anything.

I know that feeling. My Wii U Pad came with a broken accelerometer, and I opted to send it in for repair instead. At least I can still play Mario U with just a Wiimote, but ZombiU and Nintendo Land will be collecting dust until I get a replacement.

That suuuuucks. I got lucky though and my Best Buy already got a couple more in today so I exchanged!

krae_man

Okay so my extra WiiU got delivered today but I still haven't received the games I preordered yet. Hopefully I will get them tomorrow.

Anyway, Posted my WiiU on Kijiji. Made two peoples ads look like piles of shit:

UUuJh.png

Now to watch my email get bombarded. Already got a reply in under two minutes. Dude wants me to deliver to Cambridge though, screw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom