• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask since you guys will likely know.

Just got that Vita PS+ codes from the Black Friday deal in the email. 3 one month codes.

Will these work in Canada? Using codes is hit or miss on other services, but I'd like to know if I should ditch/sell/trade these or if they'll work for me when the hardware gets here.

Any insight would be super. Thanks.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
According to the flyer posted over on Smart Canucks, 3DS XL is $179.99 at SDM starting on December 1st, which is also the bonus redemption day. It's a lesser redemption day than their best, but still $105 for 50k and $210 for 95k is good with the $20 off the 3DS XL.

iphys

I'm going to redeem for that 3DS XL, since at least that gets me an XL plus $30 more stuff, which beats any redemption they've had for the XL so far. I'm saving the rest of my points in case they do a mega redemption after though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just in case anyone was planning to buy anything tomorrow from BestBuy.ca

RWZCA_20121125_monday_en_03.jpg

RWZCA_20121125_monday_en_09.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/cyber-monday-sale.aspx?fullsite=true&CMP=RZ-rz-112512-cyber

iphys

In case anyone is wondering what the exclusions are for the BestBuy offer:

*Excludes: Cyber Monday Doorcrashers, Black Friday weekend offers that are valid from Nov 23-25, 2012 only, Laptops, tablets, desktops, iPods, gaming consoles, headphones, Baby Jogger, Bose products, South Shore Furniture and Novotech Bedding. Limit of 1 per household. Sale pricing and promotions available during Cyber Monday sale hours only (Nov. 25, 10pm EST to Tuesday November 27, 3am EST, 2012), limited to in-stock online purchases only, including orders made with "Reserve & Pick up." Not available in stores. Please note this offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Purchase value must be over $200 before taxes and shipping.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
But isn't it 179.99 "officially"? If I price match then there's still the competitors 10% off the difference no?
Do they price match Costco prices? I would think they wouldn't because Costco requires a paid membership to buy in-store. If it was listed online (which it isn't) then you could get it price matched because online Costco orders don't require a membership.

krae_man

In case anyone is wondering what the exclusions are for the BestBuy offer:

*Excludes: Cyber Monday Doorcrashers, Black Friday weekend offers that are valid from Nov 23-25, 2012 only, Laptops, tablets, desktops, iPods, gaming consoles, headphones, Baby Jogger, Bose products, South Shore Furniture and Novotech Bedding. Limit of 1 per household. Sale pricing and promotions available during Cyber Monday sale hours only (Nov. 25, 10pm EST to Tuesday November 27, 3am EST, 2012), limited to in-stock online purchases only, including orders made with "Reserve & Pick up." Not available in stores. Please note this offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Purchase value must be over $200 before taxes and shipping.

Not valid on: Everything you want to buy Cyber Monday.

iphys

I think Walmart had a 360 deal but went OOS right away. All the websites were slaughtered when the sales went live. The only thing I managed to order were some shoes from Adidas that were 30% off and then an extra 40% off for Cyber Monday, and it took forever: felt like I was back in the days of dial-up.

Wtf, why is only the blops bundle on sale at friggin every store... I don't want to get the blops bundle and try to sell the game because I'm not sure if anyone would want it, also I don't want a black vita.... God damnit cyber monday, you am disappoint.

Sora_N

Wtf, why is only the blops bundle on sale at friggin every store... I don't want to get the blops bundle and try to sell the game because I'm not sure if anyone would want it, also I don't want a black vita.... God damnit cyber monday, you am disappoint.

Lol that's how I feel too. Too bad the RZ code didn't work, no Vita for me then.

jred2k

XBL Gold 12 month cards are $39.99 at Gamestop/EBGames today for Cyber Monday. Not much else of note for today, but there's usually someone in here looking for a deal on XBL.

Sora_N

I'll ask since you guys will likely know.

Just got that Vita PS+ codes from the Black Friday deal in the email. 3 one month codes.

Will these work in Canada? Using codes is hit or miss on other services, but I'd like to know if I should ditch/sell/trade these or if they'll work for me when the hardware gets here.

Any insight would be super. Thanks.

I checked in BST, someone selling the code says American CC required to use in his post. I am not 100% sure though.

I have a strange urge to buy a 3DS (Mainly for DS games (It is backwards compatible right)) are there any cyber munday deals in canada for an XL or a cheap non-XL?

krae_man

I have a strange urge to buy a 3DS (Mainly for DS games (It is backwards compatible right)) are there any cyber munday deals in canada for an XL or a cheap non-XL?

Futureshop has XL's for $20 off and a $30 gift card. If you buy it online, the gift card will automaticly be applied and you will get it for $149.99.

Also Rumor is MSRP for the 3DS will be dropping to $140 soon.

Futureshop has XL's for $20 off and a $30 gift card. If you buy it online, the gift card will automaticly be applied and you will get it for $149.99.

That is a sweeeet deal for the XL, I think I will bite, thanks.

iphys

I'm surprised, because I thought they were barely breaking even on them now, but I hear they did stop including the charging cradle, which sounds like the sort of thing you would cut out when you plan to cut prices. If they also drop the price of the XL that might explain the rumour of XL's coming pre-loaded with MK7 for $200.

lupinko

I posted this in OT, but looks like it got lost already.

Anyway if you go to google.ca you'll see that they have a google doodle up of Mr. Dressup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom