• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't specifically a Canadian deal...but this is too good to pass up.

Most of you are probably aware of the THQ bundle on sale right now at:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

$5 for Saints Row 3, the last Red Faction, Darksiders, Metro 2033 & some Company of Heros games.

That's nuts.

I think most of us ended up getting rid of our back catalogues of old DVD's back when BBV was offering $5 in credit each before they went belly up. Good times!

That got my a 3DS. A couple of months later they were shutting down and selling my DVDs for less than $5. Crazy!

isny

napkin dispenser
Is there a scan yet for SDM's Saturday bonus redemption? Ima need to find a location that opens before I have to go to work >.>

DJ_Lae

Anyone else finding EBgames.ca absolutely jacked?

I cannot seem to reliably login. I consistently get a 'email not valid format' error when I have my e-mail and password entered correctly - when my password is intentionally wrong I get a password incorrect error. So obviously it's recognizing the e-mail, yet won't accept it when it actually matters.

The only way I seem to be able to login is to do a password reset, which works until I have to log in again and get the same e-mail error.

I also found out they apparently don't accept Visa Debit, which is one further annoyance.

zroid

Banned
I got that Wii U I ordered on Monday and returned to get those 25 bucks back. Woo

Also took the opportunity to scope out the inventory. They appear to have 4 Basics sitting around, but no Deluxes. Well, they have one now.

iphys

The SDM flyer is actually up on the SDM site if you want to make sure of your regional prices. Just noticed the XL says selected types and no rainchecks, so I wonder if that's a sign that they indeed will be carrying the MK7 bundle for $200 starting Sunday and are possibly going to be clearing out these stand-alone systems for good. I might check for it on Sunday, but I'm really leaning towards not redeeming this weekend in hopes of getting a MK7 bundle or potential new colour, and I still think the true mega redemption might be happening after x-mas.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah just got it. Honestly, I think buying two Wii Mini's may be the most fortuitous was to use my $210 in credit, as they're being advertised at $89.99 and will fetch a minimal profit on ebay if I can't find a Wii U to blow the points on.

Where is the Wii Mini being advertised for $90?

I don't really need one, but I want to buy another Wii controller or two and $20 more to get a Wii Mini on top of that would be hard to pass up.

edit: oh, Shoppers. Hmmmmmm.

Darko

Yeah just got it. Honestly, I think buying two Wii Mini's may be the most fortuitous was to use my $210 in credit, as they're being advertised at $89.99 and will fetch a minimal profit on ebay if I can't find a Wii U to blow the points on.
Sold one for 169 on ebay :)

Zeeman

I know this isn't specifically a Canadian deal...but this is too good to pass up.

Most of you are probably aware of the THQ bundle on sale right now at:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

$5 for Saints Row 3, the last Red Faction, Darksiders, Metro 2033 & some Company of Heros games.

That's nuts.

OK, SR3 and Darksiders might be the games that finally get me to buy a 360 controller. Is there anywhere to get a wired one for less than 50 bucks? That seems to be the price at BB, FS and EB

zroid

Banned
If you have "access" to a senior, you could get it at Shoppers on Thursday for $72... that's a pretty decent price, even for a gimped Wii.

Oh, and while browsing through the flyers, I noticed Wal-Mart is advertising the pink 3DS XL now. $180.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hmm... I'm always itching to get something new, so I'm really tempted by the Shoppers redemption. But at the same time, I've told myself to stockpile points for the PS4 launch. I'm sure I'll have doubled my current 130,000 by then and be able to splurge comfortably.

Not a fan of reselling through ebay after all the nightmare threads in Off Topic.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you have "access" to a senior, you could get it at Shoppers on Thursday for $72... that's a pretty decent price, even for a gimped Wii.

Oh, and while browsing through the flyers, I noticed Wal-Mart is advertising the pink 3DS XL now. $180.

Has anyone ever seen the pink at SDM? If I could pick pink over red (wife has the blue already), I might just do it.

Sheik

Little Big Planet Karting for the PS3 is on sale for $30 on Amazon.ca right now. Isn't that a fairly new game? Is it worth picking up as a Christmas gift?

iphys

Except the minis won't be available until after the redemption event.

Edit: BTW, it's 20x on Dec 8th when you spend $75 "on almost anything," so if anyone is getting the mini it might be worth waiting the extra day to get the 20x points even if the sale ends the next day.

Sora_N

Little Big Planet Karting for the PS3 is on sale for $30 on Amazon.ca right now. Isn't that a fairly new game? Is it worth picking up as a Christmas gift?

Heard it's not that great honestly, it's been on sale everywhere. I think kids won't mind though.

isny

napkin dispenser

Edit: BTW, it's 20x on Dec 8th when you spend $75 "on almost anything," so if anyone is getting the mini it might be worth waiting the extra day to get the 20x points even if the sale ends the next day.

True, good point. Gah, that sucks =(

iphys

Maybe save your points, and if the true mega redemption happens at the end of December as rumoured, they might be more likely to have the Wii U by then (and other people might be more likely to have already blown all their points on this redemption so that you won't have to compete with them to get it, mwa ha ha).

lupinko

GVRD-Gaf: If anyone is looking for a 360 fight stick, I'm selling a madcatz soulcalibur5 stick with sanwa parts and all that jazz. It's barely used and I have to part with it for monetary reasons. So hit me up with a pm, only $100.

If this is the wrong thread, then whoops!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Maybe not.

RZ Gamers Club ‏@BBYC_GamersClub

“@Victor_Lucas: Anybody definitely getting a Wii Mini?” The 'Wee Wii is hitting @BBYCanada stores as early as today. No street date BTW..
Maybe other stores (like SDM) will start getting them today also.

iphys

Checked out a Shoppers and they still have the Wii U Basic in stock, despite the $10 GC and $10 unlock your deal discount from this week. Meanwhile, the EB Games by me is totally out of Basics now, yet still has plenty of Deluxe models (this must be some kind of reflection of the level of cluelessness of people that tend to shop at EB Games). I wish Nintendo would have shipped some of those Deluxe models to Shoppers, grrr.

frequency

Checked out a Shoppers and they still have the Wii U Basic in stock, despite the $10 GC and $10 unlock your deal discount from this week. Meanwhile, the EB Games by me is totally out of Basics now, yet still has plenty of Deluxe models (this must be some kind of reflection of the level of cluelessness of people that tend to shop at EB Games). I wish Nintendo would have shipped some of those Deluxe models to Shoppers, grrr.

Or it means that people who shop at EB Games are more likely to be buying the Deluxe model and so more were ordered.
And people who shop at Shoppers Drug mart are more likely to buy Basic models... and so they have ordered more Basic models.

In my town, the Wii U is (was?*) readily available everywhere. More game-focused shops (like FutureShop and EB Games) tend to have more Deluxe units in stock. And more casual focused shops (like Superstore) tend to have more Basic units in stock.

*I haven't checked recently.

DJ_Lae

Not gaming related but I'd figured I'd give people who wear glasses a heads up - today is the last day of Clearly Contact's cyber week sale.

All frames are 20-60% off, all lenses are on sale, coatings are free, and shipping is free.

So for a single prescription pair you pay for the discounted frames, ten bucks for the lenses with UV/scratch/etc coatings, and that's it. I picked myself up a backup pair of glasses for $38. I've used the site before, they're pretty quick to assemble and though I've always been lucky enough to pick frames that work for me, apparently the return policy is good too.

zroid

Banned
Deluxe Wii U box on the shelf at 125 Queensway SDM tonight (Toronto) and the redemption day is tomorrow.

oooooooooh, might have to go on a Shoppers phoning spree now

If the 24h store near me has one, I'd definitely go around midnight and bag this

edit: bah, they only have one Basic, no Deluxe :(

Man. Apparently FS has Mario Kart DS for $16. Would love to grab it but I think RFD is in full effect on this one. Too busy to try for it tonight.

Any good grabs on the FS trade 2? I see Far Cry 3 is up but I don't know if there are any cheap games I can pick up to trade in...

Sadly, all the qualifiers were on sale last week. Angry Birds, Dirt Showdown, Sniper Elite, Spec Ops were all $20.

Man. Apparently FS has Mario Kart DS for $16. Would love to grab it but I think RFD is in full effect on this one. Too busy to try for it tonight.

It's not a qualifier at FS/BB so I doubt it'll get scalped.

Plus you could always price-match at Best Buy since it's not a clearance item.

Any good grabs on the FS trade 2? I see Far Cry 3 is up but I don't know if there are any cheap games I can pick up to trade in...

Far Cry 3 isn't coming out until Tuesday. I don't think you can trade 2 right now and pre-order the game.

Come Tuesday, I think the list will very well change. So hang in there for now...

Sadly, all the qualifiers were on sale last week. Angry Birds, Dirt Showdown, Sniper Elite, Spec Ops were all $20.

Is sniper Elite good? I did play the demo but I don't think it was great. However at $20, might be worth checking out. Not that I can buy games(doing that 1 year no video games deal from the other thread, I know it is :( stupid and hard but whatever, need to clear that backlog of mine).

Gritesh

Does anyone in edmonton still need a wii u deluxe I have one and before I return it to store I thought I would put it up here

zroid

Banned
Does anyone know if there's any deals on wii remotes right now for my wii u? These things are expensive as hell ...

Yes they are. In 6 years I only purchased 1 additional Wiimote because they're so expensive :\. Only reason I have a third now is thanks to the Skyward Sword LE.

The best thing might just be to go to Shoppers during one of their assorted promotional days, or wait for an online sale at BB or FS -- they usually have accessories 15% off.

Or Costco might have them at a slight discount (~$5 off or so)

SickBoy

Doesn't hurt to look for stuff like Wii Play Motion or Flingsmash either. Probably none to be seen anywhere, but that's how I wound up with two Wii remotes.

iphys

Or it means that people who shop at EB Games are more likely to be buying the Deluxe model and so more were ordered.
And people who shop at Shoppers Drug mart are more likely to buy Basic models... and so they have ordered more Basic models.

In my town, the Wii U is (was?*) readily available everywhere. More game-focused shops (like FutureShop and EB Games) tend to have more Deluxe units in stock. And more casual focused shops (like Superstore) tend to have more Basic units in stock.

*I haven't checked recently.

I checked EB Games a week ago and they had almost equal numbers of Basics and Deluxes, yet the Basics sold out. Shoppers was supposed to get Deluxe systems from Nintendo, but Nintendo delayed their order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom