• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

Yes they are. In 6 years I only purchased 1 additional Wiimote because they're so expensive :\. Only reason I have a third now is thanks to the Skyward Sword LE.

The best thing might just be to go to Shoppers during one of their assorted promotional days, or wait for an online sale at BB or FS -- they usually have accessories 15% off.

Or Costco might have them at a slight discount (~$5 off or so)

Thanks, I'll follow your advice and get one from shoppers then wait for some kind of sales to get any extra.

IceCold

I'm not sure where to post this but do you guys know if Canadians can purchase a PSN digital code from amazon.com? Amazon.ca doesn't sell the digital code, only the physical card which I find stupid since i don't want to pay for shipping for a $20 item and the only use for the card is the code on it...

SickBoy

I'm not sure where to post this but do you guys know if Canadians can purchase a PSN digital code from amazon.com? Amazon.ca doesn't sell the digital code, only the physical card which I find stupid since i don't want to pay for shipping for a $20 item and the only use for the card is the code on it...

Not completely certain, but I don't believe so.

You should be able to find physical PSN cards pretty much anywhere, though, if that helps. Heck, pretty sure they sell them at 7-Eleven these days.

Liberty4all

Banned
Edit: i see im WAY late

Wii mini 89 bucks:

89 dollars at shoppers drug mart: http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/shoppers-drug-marton-flyer-dec-1-to-7/single/6

0SRrH.jpg

at that price its an impulse by for people buying for kids.

also at shoppers drug msrt if you use your points you can practically get it for free.

I should also add that 89 dollars in Canada will usually buy you alot less than in the US (despite our dollar being on par) ... Meaning that by Canadian standards that is dirt cheap.

Lurkee

Neo Member

Yes, you can actually buy US PSN codes from Amazon.com, as I've probably bought about 3-4 cards now because my main PSN account is American (not sure why I did that, but whatever). It's pretty great because Amazon generates a code for you as soon as the order goes through. And since our dollar is so high, even with my credit card's crappy foreign conversion fee rate, I only end up paying like 0.30-0.40 cents more.

IceCold

Yes, you can actually buy US PSN codes from Amazon.com, as I've probably bought about 3-4 cards now because my main PSN account is American (not sure why I did that, but whatever). It's pretty great because Amazon generates a code for you as soon as the order goes through. And since our dollar is so high, even with my credit card's crappy foreign conversion fee rate, I only end up paying like 0.30-0.40 cents more.

But what if I have a Canadian PSN account?

Lurkee

Neo Member
But what if I have a Canadian PSN account?

Oh, my bad, your first post made it seem like you were looking for US PSN cards, not just digital ones. There was a guy on CAG trying to sell his US PSN card because he said he had bought it by mistake, so in that case, no, I don't think they will work with Canadian PSN accounts. Sorry.

There are online stores like these: http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/, but they charge a fee for "activation". Good luck.

Anyone know where I can still find Xenoblade in Toronto at a reasonable price? Picked up a Last Story. I get the impression they might suddenly disappear off store shelves now.

zroid

Banned
I've been under the impression most EB Games shops still had them in stock. Clearly not the case...

Apparently there's one in North York on Yonge with a used copy.

Wow, that's crazy. I was just looking up the stock of Xenoblade in the toronto area since I was curious if they were still plenty of copies Yep, there is one at the yonge location about 16 km away from me used. There are no new copies according to the website within 100km though.

i do remember someone posting a picture of xenoblade being sold in a local Bestbuy new. Did BB ever start selling them, or was that a one-time thing?

zroid

Banned
I posted that picture, haha. I think it's still a mystery how other retailers ended up with copies, but I doubt they ever had many.

I've been under the impression most EB Games shops still had them in stock. Clearly not the case...

Apparently there's one in North York on Yonge with a used copy.

Yeah. About a week ago I saw lots of used copies in stock and I was going to go downtown this weekend to pick one up. Now I just see that North York location. It's a trek but I might do it today.

Edit: That North York store has none in stock.

isny

napkin dispenser
Ended up buying a 3DSXL and other various things with my points. Sold it almost immediately on Amazon for retail. ($199.99)

It sucks that you have to pay the taxes on stuff now with cash. The last time I abused points years ago you could pay for your whole purchase with points =/

iphys

I checked out a Shoppers, looked adoringly at the 3DS XL, and then used my willpower to hold out, so I still have something like 297K points. They didn't have the Mario Kart bundles out yet if they got them, and I didn't want to risk asking in case they did have them.

zroid

Banned
lol well yeah, it's nearly half price for a 3 month subscription, but for those who are already annual subscribers, you're only saving like, what, $5?

Proc

Newmarket Best Buy had a copy for $50. Mightbe a little far though.

I bought the last one in Aurora last week. I am loving the Wii games I never got around to playing on my Wii u. I skipped the wii and it definitely has had some gems worth playing. I generally love the uniqueness and vibe the Wii emits. Definitely different.

On that note some other notable games I picked up from best buy at reasonable prices (YMMV):

-Little Kings Story ($10)
-Punch out ($5)
-Last story ($39)
-Animal Crossing WW ($20)
-Silent Hill (the good one for $20)
-Resident Evil 0 ($20)
-Xenoblade Chronicles ($49 )
-Rhythm Heaven ($20)

I owe alot of my recent Wii collection to Best Buy.

edit: Is Resident Evil Remake hard to come by? I can't seem to track that one down for a reasonable price.

edit 2: Never mind...I was able to find a new one on amazon or a used option fairly close via ebgames.

Grimsen

RFD has a thread on GAMESTOP.COM having 1200 MS points for 9.99$

Just bought two, and they work on canadian XBL accounts.

For some reason, gamestop links MS points to games you can buy with those points, but you don't have to. You can also only buy one code/game per transaction.

Two games have that promo, worms and Naughty bear, so AFAIK you can get two codes per transaction.

Edit: Dead deal now

RFD has a thread on GAMESTOP.COM having 1200 MS points for 9.99$

Just bought two, and they work on canadian XBL accounts.

For some reason, gamestop links MS points to games you can buy with those points, but you don't have to. You can also only buy one code/game per transaction.

Two games have that promo, worms and Naughty bear, so AFAIK you can get two codes per transaction.

I will have to wait till I'm home to take advantage of this. Hopefully it still works.

DJ_Lae

Just google a proper US address.

I did (I typically use a friend's address) but the payment fails because it's not my billing or previous billing address.

I'd imagine it's setting off even more flags than normal because of the US address.

Too bad they don't take Paypal, could bypass most of that.

Grimsen

Same thing for me. Does not match with cc billing address. Oh well. Lots of other stuff to play.

They might have wised up. after buying two separate ones, I'm unable to buy any more. At first I thought it was my CC company that was being overprotective, but it's Gamesotp. :(

Got 2400 points for 20$ instead of 30-ish. Not bad.

EDIT: Annnd the deal died. both ''games'' are back at 14.99$

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Picked up 2 3-Month PS+ cards from BB. $17.98. I'm going to grab at least 2 more tomorrow. $35 for a year is the best we Canadians ever got.

zroid

Banned
The only thing that's stopping me from pulling the trigger is the near certainty that a superior Vita version will be released, probably next year. I prefer my Disgaeas on handhelds anyway.

Sora_N

The only thing that's stopping me from pulling the trigger is the near certainty that a superior Vita version will be released, probably next year. I prefer my Disgaeas on handhelds anyway.

Yeah, I never opened my D3 either. I'll probably wait until I get a Vita and buy it for Vita when I'm ready instead.

isny

napkin dispenser
I've never seen those on sale:-(

They are usually discounted during the after hours sales at BB like we had a few weeks back. They're considered video game accessories.

Anyone find any deals on Finding Nemo? Passing on TDKR until Boxing Day, but want to pick up Nemo today...

DJ_Lae

Anyone find any deals on Finding Nemo? Passing on TDKR until Boxing Day, but want to pick up Nemo today...

Didn't see anything. I ended up just whoring myself out and buying the ~$37 Future Shop steelbook. I already have a bunch of the Disney steelbooks and really like them. Feels weird paying a premium.

(wasn't nearly as much of a premium as the Dark Knight Rises to DKR steelbook though)

isny

napkin dispenser
Didn't see anything. I ended up just whoring myself out and buying the ~$37 Future Shop steelbook. I already have a bunch of the Disney steelbooks and really like them. Feels weird paying a premium.

(wasn't nearly as much of a premium as the Dark Knight Rises to DKR steelbook though)

I think TRU is the best deal. $34.xx - $5.00 coupon + $5.00 TRU GC for purchasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom