• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondore

Because it only really died last year, the games are cheap, and you can get 16GB of memory into it for half the price of the Vita?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I have all the games I've ever wanted on the PSP but I want to replace my PSP1000 and get the video out feature. I had a PSP3000 but it broke and I got the money back. I'd get one for $89.99 but $129.99 is too much seeing as a PSP2 is regularly on sale for $199 with a game and 4GB memory card. I guess I just have to wait.

If you find any deals on PSPs, be sure to post them. I'm looking around for one too, but yeah - $129 is way too much. The Zellers near my house is closing, but even marked down they're still around $120.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
If you find any deals on PSPs, be sure to post them. I'm looking around for one too, but yeah - $129 is way too much. The Zellers near my house is closing, but even marked down they're still around $120.

Will do. My other Zellers still has Madden PSP bundles for $199 lol.

Kazerei

Banned
I have all the games I've ever wanted on the PSP but I want to replace my PSP1000 and get the video out feature. I had a PSP3000 but it broke and I got the money back. I'd get one for $89.99 but $129.99 is too much seeing as a PSP2 is regularly on sale for $199 with a game and 4GB memory card. I guess I just have to wait.

If you can find stock, EB Games should have PSP systems for $99

Anyone here have or experienced mobilicity for their wireless carriers? Their plans look too good to be true, unlimited text calling data for $22.50. My plan ended recently and was looking for a good deal with data and came upon this. The only bad thing is that their coverage is really small for unlimited zones but 22.50! My god, is there any other carrier that has good deals on right now?

Ramblin

Banned
Anyone here have or experienced mobilicity for their wireless carriers? Their plans look too good to be true, unlimited text calling data for $22.50. My plan ended recently and was looking for a good deal with data and came upon this. The only bad thing is that their coverage is really small for unlimited zones but 22.50! My god, is there any other carrier that has good deals on right now?

wireless carriers is my favourite game, where can I find a good deal on it????

Firestorm

I remember when I moved to Waterloo and needed pillows. The Bay had Buy 1 Get 1 for 1c. Good times.

Mobilicity coverage depends on where you live. What's your city?

Ramblin

Banned
Yes I know this is our little corner of Canada on Neogaf, but I hate getting my hopes up for a deal and all I see is someone asking who removes bunions the best in Toronto.

isny

napkin dispenser
This is officially the best argument regarding any deals in this thread.

Feel free to discuss whatever Canadian stuff you want in this thread. I don't think any of us regulars mind. Just keep the politics to the Harperland thread and we'll all be happy campers =)

Cru Jones

Yes I know this is our little corner of Canada on Neogaf, but I hate getting my hopes up for a deal and all I see is someone asking who removes bunions the best in Toronto.

I couldn't agree more. I wish they would just create a Canadian deals thread in the OT forum. It seems like every 10 pages there is yet another "what's the best ISP in my area" tangent that goes on for a page or two.

Maximus.

I couldn't agree more. I wish they would just create a Canadian deals thread in the OT forum. It seems like every 10 pages there is yet another "what's the best ISP in my area" tangent that goes on for a page or two.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. So annoying seeing less deals and a lot of random chatter :/ there should be a general Canada thread for that other discussion.

Firestorm

From OP:
Happy Canada Day folks! You may notice a slight change in the title since last time. It's to recognize that this thread is not just about gaming deals and will often include discussion on topics that many of us find important (internet, wireless, movies, oh god there's an election again).
The argument comes up again and again and I think the majority of us like having this thread to go to for advice on our purchasing decisions for stuff like ISPs / Wireless Providers / etc.

I'm not so sure about "hopes up for a deal". This thread was never really going to offer that. There's always the "Games" category on RFD if all you want is the deals without the community aspect of it.

Socreges

Banned
As someone who isn't interested in the WiiU (yet) it was a little annoying for a few days when any posts about deals were drowned out by dozens of posts like the following:

MY WIIU MIGHT NOT ARRIVE EXACTLY ON LAUNCH DAY WHAT IS GOING ONNNN HERE'S MY SHIPMENT STATUS WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????
But normally it isn't very difficult to wade through the crap that you're not interested in to see the valuable stuff. Can anyone actually make a case for the general nature of this thread being disruptive to the point of gaming deal discussion suffering?

Ramblin

Banned
From OP:
The argument comes up again and again and I think the majority of us like having this thread to go to for advice on our purchasing decisions for stuff like ISPs / Wireless Providers / etc.

I'm not so sure about "hopes up for a deal". This thread was never really going to offer that. There's always the "Games" category on RFD if all you want is the deals without the community aspect of it.

Nice. So if this is a community, why is it on the gaming side?

Maximus.

From OP:

It is good having discussion in here, but when weekly deals are being missed or not stated over things such as Wii U shipment status or ISP packages, it does get annoying when in the past this thread has been really good at clearly posting deals for everyone to enjoy. This thread has provided me with many opportunities to save money on purchases and I just want to ensure that it doesnt end or get pushed aside for other non deal discussions...

Firestorm

It is good having discussion in here, but when weekly deals are being missed or not stated over things such as Wii U shipment status or ISP packages, it does get annoying when in the past this thread has been really good at clearly posting deals for everyone to enjoy. This thread has provided me with many opportunities to save money on purchases and I just want to ensure that it doesnt end or get pushed aside for other non deal discussions...
Don't worry. It has been like this over 3 years now. We get sidetracked with every major console and game launch. If Future Shop's Purolator fiasco after E3 2011 didn't kill the thread, nothing will.

Speaking of which, my Halo 4 from E3 2011 actually came via Canada Post so I think they finally swapped away from Purolator for those pre-orders.

moblicity and wind are great. I had wind loved it. I do not have it now due to manitoba and some alberta location restriction. I would get it as soon as they get coverage here.

Maximus.

Don't worry. It has been like this over 3 years now. We get sidetracked with every major console and game launch. If Future Shop's Purolator fiasco after E3 2011 didn't kill the thread, nothing will.

Speaking of which, my Halo 4 from E3 2011 actually came via Canada Post so I think they finally swapped away from Purolator for those pre-orders.

I guess since its the holidays I expect to see more deals, but thats just the way things go. This thread did lead me to getting Transformers Fall of Cybertron for 19 bucks from Walmart during Black Friday, so it is still doing me great service!

zroid

Banned
anyone know how nintendo tvii will work with rogers digital cable?

It should I think. A NoC rep said at some point they were working things out with all the major providers.

EDIT: Realizing I may have misread your question... I don't think anyone fully understands HOW it will work at this point. But rest assured, it should work, I guess. :p

zroid

Banned
will I be able to watch cable from my controller? this is so confusing

As for that, I don't believe so. But we still don't know for sure, iirc. Who knows, Rogers may put their ROD streaming service on TVii. In that case, sure. It wouldn't be cable though, at that point.

Firestorm

Rogers on Demand is on Xbox Live so I don't see why they wouldn't get on TVii either. Of course Rogers on Demand apparently needs a Rogers subscription even though Rogers doesn't do cable in Western Canada...

TheExodu5

Banned
I bought the pillows as well. Using them as my ornamental pillows. They're not amazing. They're a tad light. But for the price? Can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom