• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat!

Dammet, I waited in the cue. And forgot my password for what I thought it was. So I have to restart the entire cue for FS all over again. Why did I have to wait 40 minutes to checkout in the first place for online shopping? Not enough servers? Ugh.

No_Style

Here's the "sneek peek" that I was given:
Below is a sneak peek of some of Amazon.ca's discounted Boxing Day items available to shoppers beginning Dec. 26 to share with your website audience.

* Up to 61% off "Entourage: The Complete Series"
* Select Blu-ray Steelbooks for $9.99, including "The Departed", "The Matrix", and more
* The Rolling Stones "Grrr!" Box Set for $89.99
* $50 off the Nest Thermostat
* $99 for Le Pan 1 and $159 for Le Pan 2 tablets
* 20% off a Diono RadianRXT Ventura Car Seat
* Up to 25% off select pet supplies
* 25% off Beats headphones and speakers
* Up to 33% off select video games, including "Halo 4", "Assassin's Creed 3", "NHL 13", and more
* $10 off Roku Digital Media Players
* Up to 45% off select digital cameras from Panasonic, Olympus and Canon
* Panasonic HDTVs lowest prices of the year, up to 25% off
* Up to 55% off select Movado watches
* Up to 80% off select Stuhrling Original watches
* Up to 50% off select Citizen watches
* 45% off an Omega Juicer
* Up to 75% off select movies and TV shows
* Up to 65% off select Magellan GPS devices
* 60% off "America Again" by Stephen Colbert
* Up to 79% off memory cards and hard drives

isny

napkin dispenser
So glad I didn't bother to get anything with all of the problems you guys are having. I think this is the first year I'm not buying anything whatsoever. Most of the deals are really lacklustre =/

Stat!

Dammet, I waited in the cue. And forgot my password for what I thought it was. So I have to restart the entire cue for FS all over again. Why did I have to wait 40 minutes to checkout in the first place for online shopping? Not enough servers? Ugh.

I finally got inline to the front of the queue again, go to check out, verify my age, and it gives me another error.

This is ridiculous. Seriously insane. Do I need to line up for 40 minutes again?

zroid

Banned
I wrote their customer service some hate mail, lol.

They probably get tons ever year, lol

Considering how bad the deals this year were, I can't imagine there was actually an increase in traffic over 2011. They really just don't give a shit about their servers getting overloaded every damn time.

Wow the bb website is dogshit. I refreshed about 4 times before I get in the queue? Bitch pls...
Fuck now it crashed.

Edit: Jesus Christ, it took me 20 minutes to buy one fucking micro sd. The price was worth the hassle, especially since its a gift card so its not costing me anything. But yeah, extremely glad I had a $50 giftcard so I couldn't get double ordered or double billed. I was going to merge my gcs together but now I think ill keep them seperate.

Rel

waited in line for an hour to order the ps3 3d tv and it said item not available to ship.. Guess I will be going in at 6am.

CCF23

I picked up Sleeping Dogs for $20 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star for $30 on Best Buy. Had to wait probably 15-20 minutes in the queue, but after I got through it was fine.

Fuck, best buy has the 250 for the white vita and ass creed bro bundle, should I bite? I'm afraid they will run out, but I'm getting another 100 gc and I really don't want to pay for anything out of pocket... Balls I'm going to have to wait. I'll get my gc first thing on the 27th and head online. Shit why didn't I just get the amazon bundle?

rookiejet

@suikodan: did you receive a confirmation email for the 3DS order? I made an order, and reached a dead ".../OrderComplete.aspx" page. I'm not sure if it went through, and don't want to double order.

Fuck, best buy has the 250 for the white vita and ass creed bro bundle, should I bite? I'm afraid they will run out, but I'm getting another 100 gc and I really don't want to pay for anything out of pocket... Balls I'm going to have to wait. I'll get my gc first thing on the 27th and head online. Shit why didn't I just get the amazon bundle?

The ac bundle is regular price so I'm sure they'll be available on the 27th.

TheExodu5

Banned
GTX 660

vs.

this 7870 or this 7870. No idea which one is better.

I'm assuming these are cheapest on ncix right now?

Best bet is to check reviews.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_660_Twin_Frozr_III/27.html

perfrel_1920.gif

Now, this is the MSI Twin Frozr, but it should be roughly comparable to the Asus. Keep in mind the 7870 here is also the base model, so the MSI would be likely a bit faster/cooler as well, so maybe add another 5% to it.

In all likelyhood, the 7870 is 5%...maybe 10% faster than the GTX 660 at best. NVidia often has the advantage with new releases however, which can occasionally have poor support for AMD at launch. Your best bet is to look up benchmarks of games you'll be playing and see if one card greatly outdoes the other.

From a performance point of view, the 7870 wins. I'd personally go the GTX 660 just because of what I've seen from AMD in the past, but to be honest, you can't go wrong either way. If you go AMD, absolutely get the MSI.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Kitchenaid Ultra Power mixer for $179

Yay or Nay? Don't have a mixer...don't know if I need one. This seems like a really nice price.

This one is $50 more but uses a lifting bowl and comes with metal attachments. Seems like it could be worth the extra money but it's also only in black. :(

If you do a lot of baking or your gf, so, parents do then this is a must. I have one and me and the gf got her parents one last
year. Kitchenaid makes great things.

There are great attachments for these things as well like a meat grinder.

Btw get which ever one has the more powerful motor.

Looking to buy a TV tomorrow. Around 32-40".

I found a really good deal at Tiger Direct but never heard of the brand 'Irico', its 39" for $199.99.

Anyone else know any good deals for TV's tomorrow?

Lothars

Looking to buy a TV tomorrow. Around 32-40".

I found a really good deal at Tiger Direct but never heard of the brand 'Irico', its 39" for $199.99.

Anyone else know any good deals for TV's tomorrow?
Walmart has an RCA 32 inch for 200 and my buddy has the same one and really likes it.

Might be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom