• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting it processed now. They are giving me the 2 for 60 deal and are using the old list. Trade fable the journey, dishonored, sleeping dogs and Koa: reckoning for 120. Not bad at all.

From RFD:

I just came back from my futureshop, usually they honor most deals.

After about 25 minutes where the CSR talked to the manager then called the main office or something, no deal.

Apparently it's for Hitman ONLY, and they're wording it that way to avoid having to pay the taxes. Basically the previous similar deals gave you the game which meant 0$ at the register. Now they give you $40 to pay for the 39.99 and you have to pay for the taxes in your province.

List should update close to tuesday. They wouldn't do the T2G$60 anymore either.

No deal.

This whole thing is going to be really hit or miss. I'm not going to bother.

Palehorse

From RFD:

This whole thing is going to be really hit or miss. I'm not going to bother.

I'm glad I grabbed a 2for60 now.

I'm also glad I grabbed a regular Ni No Kuni. The pain I see for those trying to get the Wizard's edition any way they can... I imagine those people with cancelled orders are brokenhearted now.

I imagine some CSRs can be convinced to just give you a gift card considering the wording in the flyer.

Yeah, it's going to be hit or miss though.

The fact that the deal is listed with Hitman made me think something was up.

There is another thread for it, but "the sky: art of final fantasy" is up for preorder on amazon.ca. doesn't include some of the stuff the original one did but only about 60 is still a good price.

DJ_Lae

I'm glad I grabbed a 2for60 now.

I'm also glad I grabbed a regular Ni No Kuni. The pain I see for those trying to get the Wizard's edition any way they can... I imagine those people with cancelled orders are brokenhearted now.

I'm going to commission my wife to make a little stuffed Drippy. The included book in the Wizard's edition is neat, but not $40 neat, and the bundled Drippy looks like absolute garbage.

I'd imagine a couple of hours of work would result in something far nicer, plus I can cobble together an actual metal lantern for his nose.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pretty low of them to word it like that, knowing people would believe it was trade 1 for $40GC replacing their recent trade 2 for $60GC. Scummy.

RS4-

People on RFD are suggesting returning the Hitman a couple of days later to see if they will give you the credit on a gift card.

I don't think it'll work. It was the same thing with any trade 2 or 1 for a game. It stopped people trying to get full value for the game and instead only give you the TIV or something.

iiicon

What extras is this reprint missing? I completely slept on it the first time it was up for order; not doing the same again!

zroid

Banned
FYI people, Pokemon X & Y are up for pre-order at Best Buy. They currently qualify for the $5 off, and chances are they'll probably get added to the 800RZ promo at some point, so now's a good time to maximize your savings. I think I'll pre-order both and cancel the one I don't want once I make that decision.

Palehorse

I'm going to commission my wife to make a little stuffed Drippy. The included book in the Wizard's edition is neat, but not $40 neat, and the bundled Drippy looks like absolute garbage.

I'd imagine a couple of hours of work would result in something far nicer, plus I can cobble together an actual metal lantern for his nose.

Yeah I can leave the Drippy but that book. Being able to sit down and peruse through that thing sounds very satisfying. I'm not a fan of reading a lot of flavour text when I want to be gaming.

I do wish there was a way I could print it out at least.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So basically a no for the $40 GC thing? I'm glad I slept in then, not gonna waste my time going to the stores.

Some stores are doing it. Some are sticking to only $40 toward Hitman. If you do score a $40 giftcard, you'll have to do the Futureshop a bit of convincing, since it'll take an override, I believe.

Some stores are doing it. Some are sticking to only $40 toward Hitman. If you do score a $40 giftcard, you'll have to do the Futureshop a bit of convincing, since it'll take an override, I believe.

They can do whatever they want on the house account AFAIK. If they wanted to give you a $40 GC for Facebreaker they could.

zorbsie

Sounds like I got really lucky to get 2 $60 GC today. I'm glad I didn't ask for the $40 GC deal. Tried to get rid of 2 more kinect games at Best Buy and was told the 2 for $60 deal ended and they don't have any other trade in deals.

frequency

Why does the 160GB PS3 say "Final Clearance"? Is it just that they're not getting anymore of this particular model?

I would not mind to have a back up PS3 but $180 is higher than I would like to pay for a back up. Is it unlikely to be available at lower price? Or is it not able to predict? I remember people always tell me the PS2 will go lower. But eventually it is just out of stock and I am never able to find a back up PS2.

lupinko

Why does the 160GB PS3 say "Final Clearance"? Is it just that they're not getting anymore of this particular model?

I would not mind to have a back up PS3 but $180 is higher than I would like to pay for a back up. Is it unlikely to be available at lower price? Or is it not able to predict? I remember people always tell me the PS2 will go lower. But eventually it is just out of stock and I am never able to find a back up PS2.

Yes, the old slim is OOP, only
fugly
super slim exists now.

I'll trade TTT2 toward the coupon.

xclaw

Really have to say, I'm loving my Superior Slim PS3. :) She's not as ugly as you all make it out to be and on the ol entertainment stack you really only see it head on. I'm just blown away by how quiet it is compared to the 80GB Fatty.

frequency

I don't really care how it looks. But the new slim have the disc in the top. That is no good for me because I put my console vertical beside each other. I do not have much space on my table so putting horizontal is not an option.

If this is clearance of this model, I should buy it or else I will be stuck with the new disc placement.

EDIT: It's sold out before I could finish order. I guess my decision is now made for me. I hope my old model PS3 lasts! I've never had a console break before, except my PS3 a few months after getting it. Sony sent me a refurbished one and it's been with me for 4 or 5 years.

Didn't have any problems trading in Dragon's Dogma and Re6 for the $40 GC at the Dartmouth Crossing Futureshop. It was the easiest trade in experience I've had with FutureShop, it was nice not to have to wait for them to track their manager down!

Sora_N

Really have to say, I'm loving my Superior Slim PS3. :) She's not as ugly as you all make it out to be and on the ol entertainment stack you really only see it head on. I'm just blown away by how quiet it is compared to the 80GB Fatty.

Do you do horizontal or vertical?

daevv

I love mine as well. Super quite and never heats up. I went from a launch 60gb to the super slim 500gb and now with PS+ it's great! Once the machine is on and your playing a game it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Mine is horizontal right next to my slim 360 in the entertainment center.

Thanks for the heads up Gaf! Just reserved my PS3 and I have 3-4 games I can trade in for the $40 gift card. I might be able to get the system for 30 bucks with the GCs.

GG-Duo

ffffff that's $20 cheaper than when I bought it from Dell a week ago.

By the way, did anybody see any deals for ni no kuni?

Jessicat

FFFF i literally had the last PS3 in my cart from bestbuy and firefox crashed before i could finish checking out and i lost it -____-; ffs. Will other stores price match the $179?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Send us pics and let us know if you guys can make more! D:

Jachaos

Just got one of the last three remaining at a nearby store. Traded two games in for 40$ each and it cost me 124$ after tax (Quebec). What a deal. Now got a Wii U, 3DS, X360 and PS3. Pretty sweet. Thank you based Future Shop for these awesome deals and Tsilon.

Hilti92

Didn't have any problems trading in Dragon's Dogma and Re6 for the $40 GC at the Dartmouth Crossing Futureshop. It was the easiest trade in experience I've had with FutureShop, it was nice not to have to wait for them to track their manager down!

I went in a couple of weeks ago to do a trade and it was good aswell. The guy was named Edward. Funny guy.

Tik-Tok

I need a new bedroom TV and don't wanna break the bank. You guys got any reccomendations? I'm thinking in the 30-39 inch range, preferably 1080p. I heard the 39 inch Insignia is actually decent (I know, I know, shit brand)

I need a new bedroom TV and don't wanna break the bank. You guys got any reccomendations? I'm thinking in the 30-39 inch range, preferably 1080p. I heard the 39 inch Insignia is actually decent (I know, I know, shit brand)

Saw a 32" Toshiba at RC Superstore tonight for $199 - they had lots... that's the TV I've got between my Kitchen/living area and it's always been satisfactory... only 720p but at 32" my old eyes can't see any difference from more than four feet away...

shira

Maybe he wants a portable gaming system kit? Get anywhere where there is 2 electric plugs and open up your case. =)

That thing is actually pretty neat, did not know it existed.

I spend a lot of time away from home and travel a lot as well to the extent I've not been able to get any serious gaming time for a couple months. The Vita is nice and all but you it's just not enough.
This system should do it for me wherever you have an electric plug, turn on your LTE personal hotspot and get going :D
Plus this company seems to have a very good reputation, I can see the owner replying to customers' complaints and solving them promptly and this is their second generation after making some nice improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom