• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the LE Fire Emblem 3DS sold out everywhere? I kinda forgot about it since it wasn't available for preorder when it was annoucned, and now I just checked FS and BB and they have it listed but it says sold out. Is it possible there are still in-store preorders available?

I got a WiiU today as a gift. What is the cheapest ZombiU has been/where? I have not been looking at WiiU deals since I didn't think I would get one this soon.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I got a WiiU today as a gift. What is the cheapest ZombiU has been/where? I have not been looking at WiiU deals since I didn't think I would get one this soon.

Where are you? Game Centre in Toronto has had it for $40 used. Otherwise, sales are pretty slim at most major stores.

soultron

Banned

I have AC3 and ZombiU sealed new for WiiU if you're interested. $60 for both or $40 for ZombiU by itself. PM me if you're interested.

L Thammy

Yeah, just enter the gift card code when you place your order online. Future Shop codes will work on the Best Buy site, too.

It works! Thanks.

bestbuy.ca had a few errors. including one at the checkout page. Has anyone had a problem with this? I still got the order confirmation e-mail so I figure it's okay.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was just skimming the RFD thread for the trade in deal and I saw this:

Said I wasn't going to do anymore trades since I already had close to $1400 of unused credit from the previous 2 promos, but saw someone selling 3 qualifiers for $40 on Kijiji who only lived a few minutes away from me and couldn't resist.

If nothing else, I completely respect the commitment is must take to get all those games and take the time to get all that money. lol

$10 credit when you pre-order games from Future Shop from today until Thursday. It's a shame Fire Emblem is sold out :( It's the only game I want right now.

Takuan

It works! Thanks.

bestbuy.ca had a few errors. including one at the checkout page. Has anyone had a problem with this? I still got the order confirmation e-mail so I figure it's okay.

Yeah, Best Buy's site has been spotty lately. If you got the confirmation, you're golden.

Can anyone recommend a good SD card to go with a 3DS XL? Is there a specific class I should look for?

$10 credit when you pre-order games from Future Shop from today until Thursday. It's a shame Fire Emblem is sold out :( It's the only game I want right now.

That code would only work for in-stock games bought in February or it should work if I pre-order, in February, the Castlevania 3DS that comes out early March?

Hmm. 3DSXL cradle is actually quite nice. Fits with the curves of the system such that the system just naturally settles on the cradle. Packaging was lol-bad but worth getting as a no-nonsense way to charge the system and keep it from sliding around.

iphys

20x at Shoppers Drug Mart on Saturday. 3DS XL for $180. 250 GB PS3 for $240.

BTW, I managed to get a Deluxe Wii U at the 20x coupon event last Wednesday, so there's probably a decent chance of finding them at Shoppers now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
20x at Shoppers Drug Mart on Saturday. 3DS XL for $180. 250 GB PS3 for $240.

BTW, I managed to get a Deluxe Wii U at the 20x coupon event last Wednesday, so there's probably a decent chance of finding them at Shoppers now.

I'm hoping there's a redemption bonus day before MonHan comes out. Our friend needs a WiiU to hunt with us and she has a ridiculous amount of SDM points stored away.

iphys

I'm hoping there's a redemption bonus day before MonHan comes out. Our friend needs a WiiU to hunt with us and she has a ridiculous amount of SDM points stored away.

Supposedly they did mention an upcoming spend your points event when they sent people notice about the 18500 bonus point event last week -- probably just the usual $200 for 95,000 points redemption, but who knows how far off it is. The trouble is the WiiU is so much more expensive than what you can redeem for, so I elected to just do a regular $170 redemption, and then earn 20x the points on the remaining $180. The points I earned for the 20x are worth more than the extra $30 you would get for a bonus redemption, so I think it's worth it to just do a regular redemption for it if you can get it at a 20x event.

GG-Duo

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Supposedly they did mention an upcoming spend your points event when they sent people notice about the 18500 bonus point event last week -- probably just the usual $200 for 95,000 points redemption, but who knows how far off it is. The trouble is the WiiU is so much more expensive than what you can redeem for, so I elected to just do a regular $170 redemption, and then earn 20x the points on the remaining $180. The points I earned for the 20x are worth more than the extra $30 you would get for a bonus redemption, so I think it's worth it to just do a regular redemption for it if you can get it at a 20x event.

Maybe in most cases, but this is a points hoarder and she already needs anymore. Spending the least amount possible on the Wii U is the 'best course' of action in this instance.

Sora_N

Been unemployed for about 2 weeks, I have an interview in 10 minutes or so. I'm not actually qualified so it's going to be more about taking chances, don't have much to lose since I have a lot going on at school right now anyways. Still pretty nervous though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Been unemployed for about 2 weeks, I have an interview in 10 minutes or so. I'm not actually qualified so it's going to be more about taking chances, don't have much to lose since I have a lot going on at school right now anyways. Still pretty nervous though.
Good luck!

Magnus

Rogers customers, what's your current plan?

Feeling a bit screwed. $75/mth for 3gb data, unlimited local calling, unlimited Canada texting.

Friends say to call and ask for the 6gb super plan they're all on, but the plan seems to no longer be available, and I'm not the type to call just to bitch. WAT SHUD I DO

Rogers customers, what's your current plan?

Feeling a bit screwed. $75/mth for 3gb data, unlimited local calling, unlimited Canada texting.

Friends say to call and ask for the 6gb super plan they're all on, but the plan seems to no longer be available, and I'm not the type to call just to bitch. WAT SHUD I DO

Are they talking about the $60 fab 10 plan with 6gb? That thing has been expired for half a year... But if they are still able to honour it, might as well ask. Or at least have them throw some extra shit on your plan for no cost. You don't have to call and bitch, just ask nicely :)

Magnus

Are they talking about the $60 fab 10 plan with 6gb? That thing has been expired for half a year... But if they are still able to honour it, might as well ask. Or at least have them throw some extra shit on your plan for no cost. You don't have to call and bitch, just ask nicely :)

I did ask nicely. I and the guy got along great, but I hit a brick wall with every request for that old plan. It's literally $15 a month less, for double the data. Fucking sucks, but what to do.

zroid

Banned
I went to trade in Blops2 for a $40 gc and was slightly bummed to learn that its normal TIV is $35. Not gonna lie, I don't feel like I got much of a deal, lol. Oh well. :p

Applied it to my 34.99 Fire Emblem pre-order at best buy! 40 cents left over D:

zroid

Banned
Heard through the grapevine aka Fire Emblem OT:

EB Games @ Eaton Centre (possibly elsewhere in GTA and/or Canada?) is selling Fire Emblem early (ie now).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Heard through the grapevine aka Fire Emblem OT:

EB Games @ Eaton Centre (possibly elsewhere in GTA and/or Canada?) is selling Fire Emblem early (ie now).

GameFAQs member claiming an e-mail went out to EBgames in Canada that told them they could sell their Fire Emblem stock whenever they got it in. Apparently online orders from EBgames also shipping.

Yonge and Eglinton EBgames and Eaton both selling early.. I'm going to be making some calls early tomorrow.

edit: Woodbine and Hwy 7 selling too.

zroid

Banned
Dang. I wonder if this is a true open release, or if it's another incentive aside from the art book which EB worked out with Nintendo.

iiicon

Just called my local EB at Metrotown in Burnaby, but they're not selling it. Lucky east coasters! I'll try calling a few places tomorrow, I guess.

GameFAQs member claiming an e-mail went out to EBgames in Canada that told them they could sell their Fire Emblem stock whenever they got it in. Apparently online orders from EBgames also shipping.

Yonge and Eglinton EBgames and Eaton both selling early.. I'm going to be making some calls early tomorrow.

No shit? I'm calling tomorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom