• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

Just called my local EB at Metrotown in Burnaby, but they're not selling it. Lucky east coasters! I'll try calling a few places tomorrow, I guess.

Maybe they just don't have it yet. EB warehouse is in Ontario so it might take time to reach the west coast.

I doubt they screwed up by selling it early. Seems more likely Nintendo didn't care much about the street date since it's not a big game for them and that apparently they have some supply issues with it.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
GameFAQs member claiming an e-mail went out to EBgames in Canada that told them they could sell their Fire Emblem stock whenever they got it in. Apparently online orders from EBgames also shipping.

Yonge and Eglinton EBgames and Eaton both selling early.. I'm going to be making some calls early tomorrow.

edit: Woodbine and Hwy 7 selling too.

Going to check EB in Eaton's tomorrow. Gonna call in the morning and go before class at 1 :D.

zroid

Banned
Mondays and Sundays are Nintendo's go-to days. Sunday for "major" releases, and Monday for the other stuff. But it seems like more and more often they just slap everything on Sunday, with an exception here and there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mondays and Sundays are Nintendo's go-to days. Sunday for "major" releases, and Monday for the other stuff. But it seems like more and more often they just slap everything on Sunday, with an exception here and there.

And just to throw us all for a loop, they'll pull the yearly Friday release (see Kid Icarus Uprising).

Median

GameFAQs member claiming an e-mail went out to EBgames in Canada that told them they could sell their Fire Emblem stock whenever they got it in. Apparently online orders from EBgames also shipping.

Yonge and Eglinton EBgames and Eaton both selling early.. I'm going to be making some calls early tomorrow.

edit: Woodbine and Hwy 7 selling too.

Cheers, man. EB Yonge and Eg are holding onto a copy for me :D

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Both EB Games in the PATH in Toronto have the game in. Apparently they got it today. Going to get my copy as soon as I'm at Union!

zroid

Banned
f8f41d92a6284971982bd5e.png

Quadratic

I got my copy of Fire Emblem at the Gamestop on Bloor near Spadina. There's currently 3 copies sitting out for walk in purchases. I doubt they will be there all day.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Picked up my copy of FE today at Queen and Spadina EBgames in Toronto. They had three more non-preorder copies for those interested.

EB at Dufferin has about 12 copies sitting behind the counter incase anyone has difficulty finding it.

It doesn't matter what's sitting behind the counter. My EBgames had all 16 of their copies (12 preorders 4 nonpreordered) all displayed behind the counter. Be quick about picking up a copy if you're interested, because many locations will sell through their nonpreorders.

Luigi87

Just got my copy here in Hamilton.
Haven't got an early release in ages! =D

Wow, just noticed the cover doesn't have the damn orange FR language logo, awesome.

BrhysH

Anyone in Brampton get a copy?

Bramalea city centre - EBgames was a Bust. Guy said that location was not selected to sell early.

cjkeats

Damn my EB's don't have stock. Anyone check Wal-Mart?

Got it, other EB location got it I'm while I was at lunch. Wal-mart was a bust.

zroid

Banned
Good news:

jbvsmkFHwugXiu.png

edit: actually, I'm not entirely convinced they didn't just mean they are going to be selling it on Feb 4, lol. Well we'll find out soon, I guess.

beta_fuse

Just picked up my copy here in Montreal. I managed to pick up the last unreserved copy so either they didn't receive a lot, or a lot of Fire Emblem fans are pouncing on this very quickly.

Jessicat

dunno if I am late to this but Futureshop is selling 160GB Playstation 3s for $179.99, that seems like a crazy sale to me o_O

ends jan 31st.
Sold out like the day of, online at least [my browser crashed and i missed the last one on bestbuy's website]. All local stores sold out too. I'm still trying to figure out if there are any other stores that will price match this :/

Sora_N

My Fire Emblem shipped from EB. :0 Damn, I wonder if it's too late to change my Metal Gear preorder to FE in the stores now...can't go till Thursday so I'll see.

Sora_N

I was going to wait for a Fire Emblem price drop, but does it look as if the game is going to become hard to find right away?

I don't think it will be hard to find, Nintendo will keep restocking it for sure. They seem pretty good with games they promote these days.

Mikey Jr.

Monoprice ships to Canada.

50ft 14AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable

SubTotal
$12.87

S&H Cost
$11.24

DISCLAIMER for International Orders

Duties and Taxes : Import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost and it will be collected upon delivery from the carriers for certain packages. These charges are recipient's responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for the packages. You may check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be. Additionally, you may click here to review additional information for shipments shipping to Canada which can imply to other countries as well.

What a deal!!..............

krae_man

50ft 14AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable

SubTotal
$12.87

S&H Cost
$11.24

DISCLAIMER for International Orders

Duties and Taxes : Import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost and it will be collected upon delivery from the carriers for certain packages. These charges are recipient's responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for the packages. You may check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be. Additionally, you may click here to review additional information for shipments shipping to Canada which can imply to other countries as well.

What a deal!!..............

That particular order is under $20 so you wouldn't pay any customs or even sales tax.

Can you get that 50 foot cable for less then $25 including tax anywhere in Canada?

DJ_Lae

You generally have to have a number of items to make a monoprice order worth it up here - as far as I know there's no real alternative.

Right now I've got about $70 of stuff in my monoprice cart which is about what I buy to make the shipping feel worthwhile. And duty.

NCIX and a few other computer stores as well as Amazon resellers sell some cheap cabling, but they always suffer from high shipping costs too.

Mikey Jr.

You generally have to have a number of items to make a monoprice order worth it up here - as far as I know there's no real alternative.

Right now I've got about $70 of stuff in my monoprice cart which is about what I buy to make the shipping feel worthwhile. And duty.

NCIX and a few other computer stores as well as Amazon resellers sell some cheap cabling, but they always suffer from high shipping costs too.

This monoprice does not seem worthwhile at all.

I added some stuff to my cart. Stuff that I would buy when making a new computer.

Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone
$23.20

Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue
$57.42

7-Button Ambidextrous Laser Gaming Mouse - Black
$11.40

SubTotal
$92.02

S&H Cost
$34.79

+Duties.

Seem worthless already. So it is bad for big stuff. And If I just wanted to buy an HDMI cable?

SubTotal
$3.50

S&H Cost
$5.01

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004LVEUA0/

Free shipping on hdmi cables.

Dunno, maybe someone can tell me under what scenarios monoprice is a good deal for Canadians?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
That particular order is under $20 so you wouldn't pay any customs or even sales tax.

Can you get that 50 foot cable for less then $25 including tax anywhere in Canada?

XS Cargo or Princess Auto. Both have extremely inexpensive wires. Good quality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom