• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

lame! i see my tsilon $20 off preorder code was useless with the sc2 expansion, as it's current price is $39.99 anyways. same thing happened to me with sly cooper. cancelled my preorder so i can buy digital and save a tree.

with the tomb raider pc issue mentioned previously in the thread, i think it might be a safe bet not to waste tsilon codes on pc games (unless they are game-specific codes).

I have to assume those are accounts paid for by stolen credit cards or something... and since it's 20 bucks, I wonder what the value is unless you can prepay a Netflix account for a year or something.

TBH that's what I assumed lol
Any idea how to subscribe to Hulu+ to use with using Mediahint??

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know where I can sell The Last Story for a reasonable price? I bought it, opened it, but never even popped the disc into the Wii. I decided that I ultimately didn't really want it but I'm trying to figure out where I can sell it. I'd rather sell it to someone who actually wants to play the game, than EBGames, Best Buy/Future Shop. Any suggestions? I know Kijiji, but is there anywhere else?

I tried to go to Future Shop to see if I could use it for a deal on a new release, but they told me since it's not in their system they can only offer me $1...

Lexxism

Guys I have a question. I saw at FS that they are selling SanDisk Extreme 16GB SDHC Class 10 for 29.99(save $30). I'm thinking of using BB price match since they are selling it for 69.99. So, if I use the price match, it will be like this..

29.99(price match) - $4(10% of the differential price) = 25.99 before tax will be the new price?

Did I get correct or maybe not?

Deadly

lame! i see my tsilon $20 off preorder code was useless with the sc2 expansion, as it's current price is $39.99 anyways. same thing happened to me with sly cooper. cancelled my preorder so i can buy digital and save a tree.

with the tomb raider pc issue mentioned previously in the thread, i think it might be a safe bet not to waste tsilon codes on pc games (unless they are game-specific codes).
39.99? where?

EDIT: nevermind appears that that is the regular price.

Kazerei

Banned
Anyone know where I can sell The Last Story for a reasonable price? I bought it, opened it, but never even popped the disc into the Wii. I decided that I ultimately didn't really want it but I'm trying to figure out where I can sell it. I'd rather sell it to someone who actually wants to play the game, than EBGames, Best Buy/Future Shop. Any suggestions? I know Kijiji, but is there anywhere else?

I tried to go to Future Shop to see if I could use it for a deal on a new release, but they told me since it's not in their system they can only offer me $1...

Kijiji is your best option IMO. Just be patient, it might be awhile before you get a buyer, but the game's value isn't going down.

krae_man

Hey Rogers is is trying to screwover Teksavvy. I got an offer in the mail for 35mbps, 200gb data cap for $45/month and no mention of it being a 3/6 month promo rate.

I'm sure they will jack the rate up the wazoo and/or shrink the cap after a year but it's a surprisingly decent rate.

It's comparable to Teksavvy's rates but there's $65 worth of installation/activation fees so it's absolutely pointless to switch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not sure if it's worth mentioning here, but if you buy a Whitecaps Student Season Ticket for 199.- you get a free FIFA 13

DJ_Lae

Did you get a confirmation e-mail? If so, you just have to hope the person picking the game knows how to read.......not like when I reserved MvC3 special edition and they confirmed it but had actually grabbed the regular edition =/

I did, and they actually had the game behind the counter, which I was surprised (but pleased) with.

Also, the woman working there forgot to scribble redeemed on my Ni No Kuni receipt (for the $10 off voucher). This is the second time they've forgotten, I already bought Sly Cooper this month and got the ten bucks off.

I think I'll pick up something $19.99 before the end of February and use the code one last time while I still can. And who knows, maybe they'll once again forget to void it.

lfc11

Neo Member
Not sure if it's worth mentioning here, but if you buy a Whitecaps Student Season Ticket for 199.- you get a free FIFA 13
I think you need to sign up with a friend to get that. It says "Purchase a Student Season Ticket with a friend and you each receive a copy of EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 13."

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know where I could find a cheap USB hard drive for my Wii-U? The cheapest I found are 500gb ones for around $70, but I know that I will never use all that space with demos and eShop games (as I plan to stay with discs for retail games).

Any place where I could find a small HDD (I'm sure something between 100 and 250gb would be enough) for as cheap as possible? 500gb seems to be the smallest at places like Futureshop and Staples.

Also, the new Hitman is already $25 on Playasia. I haven't really followed the game, but it seems like a good deal.

It's probably be cheaper to buy a HDD(even a refurbished one) and a hard drive enclosure, or try checking kijiji.

You guys think Madden 13 and NHL 13 are worth $15 or more at EB? I've given up trying to sell them on Kijiji, it's too much of a hassle. Looking to use the trade in 2 to get $60 credit towards Tomb Raider. I would actually go to the store but I'd have to take a 30 minute bus to get there, and there's a snow storm happening right now.

You guys think Madden 13 and NHL 13 are worth $15 or more at EB? I've given up trying to sell them on Kijiji, it's too much of a hassle. Looking to use the trade in 2 to get $60 credit towards Tomb Raider. I would actually go to the store but I'd have to take a 30 minute bus to get there, and there's a snow storm happening right now.

According to TIVS, they were both around 16-17$ mid-January. Don't they need to be 8$ and more to qualify?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw that it is indeed a minimum value of 15$ per game, did it not used to be less? And in situations like this I just call EB on the phone, they usually tell me the value of my games.

frequency

Did anyone order Etrian Odyssey IV at BestBuy.ca? I ordered back with some reward zone coupon but they never shipped and it's listed as "Out of Stock" online. But I can "Reserve In Store" at a local store. So I wonder if they got their shipment and just didn't have enough for online orders?

zroid

Banned
Did anyone order Etrian Odyssey IV at BestBuy.ca? I ordered back with some reward zone coupon but they never shipped and it's listed as "Out of Stock" online. But I can "Reserve In Store" at a local store. So I wonder if they got their shipment and just didn't have enough for online orders?

Same for me.

Waiting...

frequency

Same for me.

Waiting...

I hope it's just they haven't done whatever they need to do at the warehouse yet and that they actually have stock to send out to the online customers.

I expected this to arrive in Canada later because it's a niche game released by Atlus. But it's in stock at Amazon and EB Games and locally at both Best Buy and Future Shop. Not online for both Best Buy and Future Shop though.

I'm in no rush to get it but I'd sure like to get it at this reduced price.

Willectro

Banned
Yeah douchebag lowballers on Kijiji are funny. Especially the ones who expect you to deliver.

Yep. To avoid this I get the buyer to meet close to my apartment (or work). Then if they try and pull "I only have this much cash", I just walk away. That way I've wasted almost no time. I've only had to do this once when some dude wanted to pay for a Wii U with half cash, half Future Shop gift cards and had not mentioned this at all.

krae_man

Yep. To avoid this I get the buyer to meet close to my apartment (or work). Then if they try and pull "I only have this much cash", I just walk away. That way I've wasted almost no time. I've only had to do this once when some dude wanted to pay for a Wii U with half cash, half Future Shop gift cards and had not mentioned this at all.

Yeah, I just sold a chunk of my retro collection and I had multiple lowball offers for 1/3 of what I was asking. I already had everything priced decently under ebay to move it quick and they were still trying to offer me $500 for almost $2k worth of stuff I was asking $1500 for.

frequency

Same for me.

Waiting...

I hope it's just they haven't done whatever they need to do at the warehouse yet and that they actually have stock to send out to the online customers.

I expected this to arrive in Canada later because it's a niche game released by Atlus. But it's in stock at Amazon and EB Games and locally at both Best Buy and Future Shop. Not online for both Best Buy and Future Shop though.

I'm in no rush to get it but I'd sure like to get it at this reduced price.

Just an update:
BestBuy.ca charged my card for it even though it's still listed as "Out of Stock". I guess it was just a warehouse thing. I expect it to ship later this evening.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I've pre-ordered games from Best-Buy.ca 2 times. First time was Starfox 3D. If I remember correctly, I received it almost 3 weeks after launch. Second time was Rhythm Heaven Fever, received it around 1 week after launch.

As much as the pre-order discounts are tempting... never again.

krae_man

I've pre-ordered games from Best-Buy.ca 2 times. First time was Starfox 3D. If I remember correctly, I received it almost 3 weeks after launch. Second time was Rhythm Heaven Fever, received it around 1 week after launch.

I remember the Star Fox one. OOT 3DS was late too and they gave everyone a $10 off coupon in compensation but they didn't offer anything for Star Fox.

Returners

They worked for me but I only ordered big budget releases with them.

I must have pre-ordered close to 20 games with them and I always got them within 2-3 days.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Just an update:
BestBuy.ca charged my card for it even though it's still listed as "Out of Stock". I guess it was just a warehouse thing. I expect it to ship later this evening.

I called bestbuy out of curiosity today. They claimed that even though the site says out of stock, they do have them in stock for those that preordered and are shipping tomorrow.
It is stupid that it states out of stock for us in our order pages though.

btkadams

so i did the dns settings to get american netflix on my bf's ps3. the quality doesn't rise above 240p... does this basically route his internet traffic on the ps3 through an american ip? i don't know if it is really worth it if it is going to be that slow.

pr0cs

so i did the dns settings to get american netflix on my bf's ps3. the quality doesn't rise above 240p... does this basically route his internet traffic on the ps3 through an american ip? i don't know if it is really worth it if it is going to be that slow.

Something must be messed up because if you're using unblockus only the dns settings should be affected, it should use the bandwidth from your home connection.
The only time quality should be affected is if you're using a VPN.

btkadams

Something must be messed up because if you're using unblockus only the dns settings should be affected, it should use the bandwidth from your home connection.
The only time quality should be affected is if you're using a VPN.

i'm not using unblockus. i just used liquidus' video and changed the two dns numbers in the network settings. so it's not routing anything through the states?? hmm..

his internet connection isn't amazing (<10Mbps) but it shouldn't be like that.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid

Weird. I get 1080p without issue.

kennah

i'm not using unblockus. i just used liquidus' video and changed the two dns numbers in the network settings. so it's not routing anything through the states?? hmm..

his internet connection isn't amazing (<10Mbps) but it shouldn't be like that.
Use just the second one. The first one is shitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom