• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Ahhh finally, EO4 is "in stock". But my card still hasn't been charged. Hurry, Best Buy, I don't wanna wait till Monday :(

edit: and charged. excellent.

edit2: AND SHIPPED! :D

Is it just me or is Bestbuy.ca no longer offering 400 reward zone points for preorders to its niche games? Maybe it's because I'm pre-ordering a fairly obscure RPG (Atelier Ayesha) but their website no longer say you get 400 reward zone points if you preorder it....

I always thought they gave it anyway as long as the game is a certain price....

Madouu

I'm heading out to grab a 3ds XL with that $159 walmart deal. I'm not used to price matching, any benefits for doing so at bestbuy or futureshop?

I love how FE: Awakening is going for $90+ on amazon, I might just download it at this rate.
I'll stay strong!

I'm heading out to grab a 3ds XL with that $159 walmart deal. I'm not used to price matching, any benefits for doing so at bestbuy or futureshop?

I love how FE: Awakening is going for $90+ on amazon, I might just download it at this rate.
I'll stay strong!

Don't head out because the deal doesn't start until tomorrow. ;)

Lexxism

I'll stay strong!

You'll get the 159 deal for $155 because of price match. BB/FS will match the price + 10% difference of the price.

159(price match) - 4 (10% difference of the price is $40) = 155 before tax

Shit...an XL for 155 bucks sounds pretty good....

I told myself I wasnt going to buy one until they put out better colours though, but I could live with the red and black one I guess.

Hmm, I dunno! Monster Hunter on an XL would be pretty nice.

zroid

Banned
Shit...an XL for 155 bucks sounds pretty good....

I told myself I wasnt going to buy one until they put out better colours though, but I could live with the red and black one I guess.

Hmm, I dunno! Monster Hunter on an XL would be pretty nice.

PINK! PINK! PINK!

Lexxism

^ PINK! If not for $150 MK7 bundle last boxing day, I wouldn't buy the blue/black but instead the pink/white one.

Pink-XL.png

Is it just me or is Bestbuy.ca no longer offering 400 reward zone points for preorders to its niche games? Maybe it's because I'm pre-ordering a fairly obscure RPG (Atelier Ayesha) but their website no longer say you get 400 reward zone points if you preorder it....

Me too but it changed. The new Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm has absolutely no points either.

Yawnier

Banned
Has anyone found any deals on Tomb Raider (PS3)?

PS3/360 versions of the game seem to be $60 everywhere, different places have different pre-order bonuses though if you care about that.

I suppose you could wait a few months for a most likely price drop (it is what I'm doing).

Me too but it changed. The new Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm has absolutely no points either.

Well, there goes any incentive to pre-order games from Bestbuy. They leave people waiting for long periods of time to get pre-orders and, before, at least you had some reward zone points to look forward to. But now nothing?

:/

Well, there goes any incentive to pre-order games from Bestbuy. They leave people waiting for long periods of time to get pre-orders and, before, at least you had some reward zone points to look forward to. But now nothing?

:/

Still there for bigger games at least, but yea for niche game there is no more incentive to order there!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Man that pink 3dsXL looks great. I may upgrade my standard one to that, I've wanted the XL for a while.

Lexxism

If you're planning to upgrade then buy one tomorrow if pink/white is included in the $159 sale at walmart. Then try using the price match of BB/FS.

If I'm correct, the pink/white xl will be out in just a limited time.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
If you're planning to upgrade then buy one tomorrow if pink/white is included in the $159 sale at walmart. Then try using the price match of BB/FS.

If I'm correct, the pink/white xl will be out in just a limited time.

Bleh, really? I don't have the budget right now.

Lexxism

Bleh, really? I don't have the budget right now.

Dammit. Now you've convinced me.

Yeah, I think so. After December last year, this one was nowhere to be found but it came back this February 14. I don't know how long will it last or will it be a default colour instead of being limited edition.

Yeah, can I get the Monster Hunter case here? or that a US only thing? Slap a nice brown outer shell on a nice white 3DS XL, sounds pretty nice to me.

Yeah, it's also available here but it will be out by April though.

Madouu

Don't head out because the deal doesn't start until tomorrow. ;)

I am in Montreal :p Deal already started for us!

So I went to futureshop first but it was out of stock at all their nearby stores. Should've checked first... so I just went out and grabbed one at the nearest walmart.

You'll get the 159 deal for $155 because of price match. BB/FS will match the price + 10% difference of the price.

159(price match) - 4 (10% difference of the price is $40) = 155 before tax

Thanks. Oh well, I lost five bucks. I think I can live with that!

PINK! PINK! PINK!

I might be the only person here in GAF that prefers the red one out of the colors available in NA.

I am in Montreal :p Deal already started for us!

So I went to futureshop first but it was out of stock at all their nearby stores. Should've checked first... so I just went out and grabbed one at the nearest walmart.

Thanks. Oh well, I lost five bucks. I think I can live with that!

I might be the only person here in GAF that prefers the red one out of the colors available in NA.

I prefer the red one too.

I wish they just had all black or all white though.

Edit: I like the monster hunter case, but I hate adding cases to things. Haha. I think if I get an XL I will just get the red black one. I don't want to have to get cases and stuff to fix something I don't like. Haha.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

Out of the colours that are available now? Red wins hands down. I still prefer that orange colour they showed off but never released though.

Lexxism

^ Yeah, I was about to say this. It could went down to $155 if you use FS/BB price match. Try grabbing one if you have the money.

You guys think Madden 13 and NHL 13 are worth $15 or more at EB? I've given up trying to sell them on Kijiji, it's too much of a hassle. Looking to use the trade in 2 to get $60 credit towards Tomb Raider. I would actually go to the store but I'd have to take a 30 minute bus to get there, and there's a snow storm happening right now.

Both game are on this week-end trade 2 for a 60$ gift card at Futureshop, you could use that to buy Tomb Raider.

zroid

Banned
Oh, bugger. Two games I ordered shipped to me yesterday, one from Best Buy (Etrian Odyssey IV), and one from Future Shop (Brain Age Concentration Training). One arrived, one didn't. :(

Get your shit together, Canada Post. Now I'll be waiting till Monday... sigh.

Oh, bugger. Two games I ordered shipped to me yesterday, one from Best Buy (Etrian Odyssey IV), and one from Future Shop (Brain Age Concentration Training). One arrived, one didn't. :(

Get your shit together, Canada Post. Now I'll be waiting till Monday... sigh.

Let me guess, you got Brain age?

Stage On

Yah first they got rid of the $5 off upfront for preordaining now they get rid of the points for almost every game :(

Futureshop is no better. For a short while they offered $5 towards the next game over $20 if you preordered but they sure took that away fast....

With the regular deals nearly nuked out of existence this does not bode well for the e3 sale this year.

Maximus.

Both game are on this week-end trade 2 for a 60$ gift card at Futureshop, you could use that to buy Tomb Raider.

Could you post a link to where on the website I may look up eligible trade in games? Want to know if Playstation Allstars or Ratchet and Clank All 4 One will count towards the trade 2 for 60!

Could you post a link to where on the website I may look up eligible trade in games? Want to know if Playstation Allstars or Ratchet and Clank All 4 One will count towards the trade 2 for 60!

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/trade-in-games/27603.aspx

Unfortunately they don't, the list of game is pretty slim and made out of recent games. I am thinking about trading in Tales of Grace F(never got to play it and I am more interested in Xillia coming out this summer) and Dragon Dogma (will buy version with expansion in May). Um...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Excitebots Wii (software only) is $2 new at EB. I'm glad I checked, the $45 price tag seemed old.

Good to know next time I'll go there, thanks! Worth it, even if just for the Club Nintendo coins (that I hoard but never even spend...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom