• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondore

Ni No Kuni is a nice one in there.

Gears of War, God of War, and Mario (which Mario? NSMBU?) tempt me a little, though I could take or leave God of war.

Yeah, it's Mario U.

I left disappointed since it didn't include Bioshock, Pandora's Tower (which they didn't have in stock) or any 3DS games.

Was waiting for Tales of Collector's Edition to open up at Ebgames. Checked in today and it's already out of stock. *sigh*

Do you think I'll be able to preorder one if I go to a store?

zroid

Banned
Interesting. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen has a straight-up trade 1, get it free at Future Shop. No gift cards involved.

edit: I see this was covered already :p

@pseudomyxoma When did that game come out, anyway? If it's just really recently, I don't think they even have it on stock still. They take a while to get stuff on stock.

When I preordered Atelier from them, they took a long while to get it.... until I just gave up and grabbed it off ebgames.

@pseudomyxoma When did that game come out, anyway? If it's just really recently, I don't think they even have it on stock still. They take a while to get stuff on stock.

When I preordered Atelier from them, they took a long while to get it.... until I just gave up and grabbed it off ebgames.

They had it available for pre-order but I never saw if it was in stock at all actually, now that I think about it.

They had it available for pre-order but I never saw if it was in stock at all actually, now that I think about it.

Yeah. BestBuy does that :c After some time, maybe some copies will trickle in. I'm planning to grab those, maybe.... if my budget permits.

There's just too many games coming out this year that pings me....

My Pandora's Tower pre-order shipped last night from FS, so a couple days late.

Also part of the VIP sale: 500GB White PS3 $230, 3DS $120, 3DS XL $150, Wii U Deluxe $300.

schlew

aannnyone?

fine! :mad: just take it GLIST56RJGLGLK
:p

Hey, never saw this post until just now. You talking about those slips that come with SE games? I got some, I can PM them to you. Does it matter what games they come from? Not sure I can even tell, they're all loose.

I already love Target. Wii U comes with a $50 gift card this week, and the three major Wii U Ubisoft games are $39.99 (Just Dance is $29.99).

Their 360 bundle comes with a $30 gift card and they have an Acer laptop that comes with a $70 gift card.

Target Canada is the greatest thing to happen to Canada.

zroid

Banned
Wtf, Animal Crossing finally listed on BestBuy's site but the page won't even load for me. Said $39.99 though. :/

Is it $34.99 anywhere here yet? I'm starting to think we're gonna get screwed. Maybe I'll buy it off the eShop, lol, at least we know it'll be $34.99 there.

khaaan

Weird...maybe wait till Amazon.ca has it up? They're already starting to adopt the $35 price point for some games...then again Etrian Odyssey IV was $35 with them for a while so maybe it's just Amazon being Amazon.

zroid

Banned
So I just got an email from Sony Canada about the class action settlement for the hack.

This was the relevant bit:

If you participated in the PSN "Welcome Back" program that followed the April 2011 service outage, you can get either a free game for your PS3 or PSP, 3 free PS3 themes, or a 50% discount on PlayStation Plus for 3 months. If you did not participate in the PSN "Welcome Back" program, you can submit a claim for two of the above benefits. Up to U.S. $1 million in these benefits will be available, on a first-come, first-served basis; claimants who file claims thereafter can get a 50% discount on PlayStation Plus for one month.

HOW DO YOU ASK FOR BENEFITS?

Eligible Class Members can call 1-877-389-4482 or go to www.PSN-SOE-CanadaSettlement.com for a claim form, then fill it out, sign it, include the documentation it requires, and mail it to the address on the form. Deadlines to make a claim for benefits will start 60 days after the settlement becomes effective.

I guess I'll take my free game

XIPicFY.png

actually, lol... I don't know if any of these are worth the postage :p

Looking at the game list and value of them now it isn't even worth the time. I also own a decent amount of them already.

Basically $10 max value you are getting. Minus the cost of the stamp and printing the paper and ink...yeah, no.

Mikey Jr.

So I just got an email from Sony Canada about the class action settlement for the hack.

XIPicFY.png

Wow, nothing.

Just nothing.

You can get 50% off Plus though. That MIGHT be worth it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid

XIPicFY.png

But I already got all those games for free from the Welcome Back fiasco except for Medievil and Socom. I guess I'll take Socom.

krae_man

XIPicFY.png

The free games to choose from were already part of the Welcome back program and/or already free with Plus no?

Oozinator

Banned
Who's the lawyer that negociated this sucker settlement ? I demand cold hard cash to compensate for the suffering I incured due to the hacks !

zroid

Banned
Get PS+ as that is one of the games in the instant game collection.

I do have PS+ (at the moment, I'm not a perpetual subscriber), but I never really bought into the whole free game business. If I'm going to own a game, I'd rather just own it for real. For the same reason I tend to gravitate towards physical copies over digital whenever possible.

I don't really want All4one anyway though. It's the best of the worst in this case. :p

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I do have PS+ (at the moment, I'm not a perpetual subscriber), but I never really bought into the whole free game business. If I'm going to own a game, I'd rather just own it for real. For the same reason I tend to gravitate towards physical copies over digital whenever possible.

I don't really want All4one anyway though. It's the best of the worst in this case. :p

I understand the digital vs physical. Trust me. I don't want to spam this thread with the hundreds of physical copies of games I own (Metal Gear?!) but I treat PS+ as the Netflix of games. It let's me enjoy games that I would have never bought or played.

I actually just beat All 4 One yesterday and it was pretty good.

I felt like I was compensated pretty well with the free games in the welcome back program so they didn't need to give me anything else, to be honest though this seems more annoying then no settlement at all with sony offering these games which they already gave away or are YEARS old. I opened the email hoping for something a little more modern or even like a free movie rental.

Ondore

And I was going to suggest grabbing Plus for the extra discount. Shows what I know.

... we're running out of posts here. What are the odds this makes July 1?

kennah

I missed out on the program and would love a Wipeout. Will even pay postage :p

EDIT: Oh, in reading it, I can apply for two! Neat!

zroid

Banned
I missed out on the program and would love a Wipeout. Will even pay postage :p

EDIT: Oh, in reading it, I can apply for two! Neat!

Just in case, you were an active PSN member between January and May 2011, right? That's one of the conditions. People who missed Welcome Back because they signed up afterwards can't qualify.

kennah

Just in case, you were an active PSN member between January and May 2011, right? That's one of the conditions. People who missed Welcome Back because they signed up afterwards can't qualify.

Yeah, I was offered the program, just didn't go through with getting reimbursed at the time.

About 15 seconds after I posted the last time I got the same email sending me to the form :)

frequency

Canada Post wants to charge $12 for an envelope that weighs nothing with tracking one province over. That is insane. I am now infinitely more forgiving of our online retailers for not using boxes. Canada Post is run by thieves.

Is there no better way to mail stuff around?

iphys

Keep the package under 2 cm thick so you can use lettermail. Usually a DVD case will fit in a bubble mailer at just under 2 cm. If not, I've used foam sheets on DS cases that are fractionally thicker, or just go without padding to keep it under 2 cm.

krae_man

Canada Post wants to charge $12 for an envelope that weighs nothing with tracking one province over. That is insane. I am now infinitely more forgiving of our online retailers for not using boxes. Canada Post is run by thieves.

Is there no better way to mail stuff around?

Well, there is no way they are paying the rates we pay so it's hard to compare.

But yeah Canada post has a huge gap in mailing costs. it goes from about $1-2 to for letter mail to $10 minimum with no in between.

frequency

I wanted tracking because Canada Post has lost a few things sent to me. I guess I just have to try to trust them with regular lettermail.

It's just so crazy to me. I have family overseas that ships boxes to me regularly and it costs no more than (after exchange rate) $10. To send a box across the ocean. But to send an envelope a few hours away costs more? I just... I really can't even begin to comprehend this.

I know retailers that send a lot of stuff out get special rates. But I assume there would be this huge gap for them too to use envelopes instead of boxes.

Gadirok

I saw the email too. Was wondering if it would be worth it considering I never bothered with the "welcome back program" in 2011 because I owned a PSP and didn't care about PS3.

I'm a huge fan of housemarque and the stardust games. I mean I bought both Stardust Delta recently simply because I enjoyed the portable version so much on the PSP. Now I realize that the PSP version was the worst, and I missed out on the better version on the PS3.

I also paid for Wipeout HD+Fury this last October simply for the dlc for wipeout 2048, and I didn't realize how awesome that games was either.

Also bought infamous and littlebigplanet 1 recently.

I guess I kinda feel entitled to sending in that form selecting the two games that I want (pretty much dead nation and stardust HD) since I've given them so much but its not as I expected anything from them back. I guess its a mutual feeling since I got $10 from them for no reason.

There was always a bitterness in my head though, I was bitter that I missed out on a chance to get 2 good games and knew that somewhere down the line I would be paying for some of them. I already paid for 3 of them, may as well grab the last 2 I'm missing.

HOPEFULLY THOUGH, this works out. Because the last time I was entitled to something to receive from Nintendo I never got, which was a $20 mail in rebate for my 3DS more than a year ago. Mailed into Nintendo of Canada from here and never heard of it again. They were really annoying on it asking for my original receipt and everything.

I also had a problem a few years ago with Nintendo of Canada with mailing something in too. That, coupled with the HST on digital purchases for my 3DS (its valid but nobody else is charging me that much), hardware locked content, and the minimum $5 increment deposit (same thing someone else was complaining about on the PS3, which shouldn't have been there on the first place apparently because now I heard its removed) is clearly the last time I deal with their customer service and online shop system. Atleast as long as I stick around in Canada.

I wanted tracking because Canada Post has lost a few things sent to me. I guess I just have to try to trust them with regular lettermail.

It's just so crazy to me. I have family overseas that ships boxes to me regularly and it costs no more than (after exchange rate) $10. To send a box across the ocean. But to send an envelope a few hours away costs more? I just... I really can't even begin to comprehend this.

I know retailers that send a lot of stuff out get special rates. But I assume there would be this huge gap for them too to use envelopes instead of boxes.

Good thing I'm mailing this into Toronto. I don't even know if my last letter to Vancouver directed to NoC was delivered or not by Post Canada. Honestly, it might have been easier for me to just drop the mail at their office considering it would have been more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom