• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I get that, but I've seen plenty of people say "better use it this second because they could stop honouring them at any moment."

Not sure whether that's what the OP meant but thought I'd offer that info.

Obviously there's a risk inherent in holding on to gift cards. When liquidation starts there will come a moment where everything but the worst merchandise disappears in a flash.
Yeah, unless you want bags of socks or whatever the vultures haven't picked over already. Otherwise you'd probably spend more than the value of the giftcard in time/fuel/sanity trying to be in the right place at the right time for a 50% off PS4 deal or something.

Sorry to bump this post, but just in case it got glossed over due to all the Target closing/Canadian Dollar discussions, does anyone have any input on it?

Does anyone own or have any experience with this 3DS charger?

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00JOLAK2O/

Figure since I'm trading in my 3DS XL for the N3DS XL I may as well buy another adapter now before they become scarce when every new 3DS owner realizes they'll need one. $5 plus free shipping and great reviews seems promising...

Also, is there any way to view the list of eligible games for the "Trade 5, Get $100 towards the new 3DS XL console" promotion?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of random questions, the launch of Wii games on Wii U has forced me to consider buying a hard drive for the damn thing.

Any recommendations?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just a reminder that this is happening
I think I'll stop at Markville tomorrow right after work just for a keychain. I'd rather go to the STC one but I don't want to wait that long. Then again I might go to that one also and Kuro will get a nice little bonus with his MM LE from me.

Speaking of random questions, the launch of Wii games on Wii U has forced me to consider buying a hard drive for the damn thing.

Any recommendations?

I also need a hard drive because of Wii games. 5 GB taken up by SMG2 and Punch-Out!! alone. Metroid takes up 8 GB? That is like half of the space available on the system.

Any recommendations?

Since there's not that many more Wii U games coming, and I'm just now running low on space, I'm probably going to just get a 64GB thumb drive. If the original 32GB lasted me until now, 64GB can last me till the next Nintendo system.

Sora_N

Since there's not that many more Wii U games coming, and I'm just now running low on space, I'm probably going to just get a 64GB thumb drive. If the original 32GB lasted me until now, 64GB can last me till the next Nintendo system.

USB drives work? I'll probably do that too when I need it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The official Nintendo site doesn't recommend USB sticks. Not sure if that's just them being paranoid to avoid tech support problems or what though.

Anony

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, MISSED GC ADAPTER AGAIN

i'm seriously pissed off
it's been over 2 months and there's no supply of gc adapters
no amiibos that's isnt the fucking same circlejerk of mario pikachu link and whoever else that's ALWAYS overstocked
MM, MM n3ds, mh4 n3ds

just fuck off nintendo, congrats to pandering to the scalpers and leaving your loyal fanbase in the dust
i'm done with trying to get nintendo shit new
i'm purely waiting for discounted nintendo games from here on out

Sora_N

i'm seriously pissed off
no amiibos that's isnt the fucking same circlejerk of mario pikachu link and whoever else that's ALWAYS overstocked
MM, MM n3ds, mh4 n3ds

just fuck off nintendo, congrats to pandering to the scalpers and leaving your loyal fanbase in the dust

Yeah I was so pissed I pointlessly wrote them an email to complain.

vulva

i'm seriously pissed off
MM, MM n3ds, mh4 n3ds

haha

Banned

i'm seriously pissed off
MM, MM n3ds, mh4 n3ds

Yeah good luck with that lol.

mdubs

Banned

i'm seriously pissed off
MM, MM n3ds, mh4 n3ds

Reggie_shrug.png

i'm seriously pissed off
MM, MM n3ds, mh4 n3ds

i bought 1. I intend to use it for myself. I hope you are going to find one soon.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

i'm seriously pissed off
MM, MM n3ds, mh4 n3ds

Iwata [Laughs]

ZY39Dhg.gif

It sucks that people can't find one. I had one pre-orders, but basically every other friend I have that has a Wii U is waiting to find an adapter. And none of them are going to be online in time to find one while it's up for five minutes on Amazon. Why won't Nintendo just sell these on their online store? :/

Anony

oh, i know that nintendo games rarely get discounted

nintendo doesnt have any new games that's releasing any time soon anyways
i'll probably just borrow MM from a friend
i would have bought MM, but fuck nintendo

a916

i'm seriously pissed off
MM, MM n3ds, mh4 n3ds

The adapter's not even a collectors item, or it shouldn't be, it should be a hardware that's readily available to those who want one... what the hell Nintendo. (I already grabbed a 3rd party one btw, but I don't get this market practice)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't get why Nintendo doesn't sell this stuff on their own website, where they can control stock and key an eye on the numbers. I can't imagine how infuriating it is, although this Rosalina situation is pretty damn close.

I don't get why Nintendo doesn't sell this stuff on their own website, where they can control stock and key an eye on the numbers. I can't imagine how infuriating it is, although this Rosalina situation is pretty damn close.

I managed to get a Gamecube Adapter from Nintendo.com a few weeks ago.

DaBoss

Well it's gone now.

It now says just said "In stock on January 29, 2015."

So maybe they will get a new shipment in a week?

Got two codes for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, have absolutely no interest in the game so you guys benefit, enjoy!

A070BYCM1X2F4NSC
A0752WFN0DS3DUEU

Top Bottom