• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sora_N

alright Toad and Luigi pre-ordered at Best Buy... not sure if I'm gonna keep them but eh

I think the Super Mario line Luigi amiibo looks waaaaay better than the Smash one

But that Luigi doesn't go well next to the violent killer Smash Mario. :(

I'd have to buy Mario too and I don't even want MP.

I ordered Peach and Toad.

zroid

Banned
I haven't heard anything about my Shulk pre-order yet but it was a ISPU so hopefully the store will call me tomorrow...

Just got a reply back to my email to EB regarding the mishap:

EB Games Canada
14:20 (20 minutes ago)

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting EBGames.ca!

We have identified an issue at our end with some server issues, have corrected it, can confirm the payment has been made and the order should process shortly.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Feel free to contact us again should you have any additional questions or call us at 1-877-442-6303 if you require any additional assistance.

All is well it seems.

Sora_N

Just got a reply back to my email to EB regarding the mishap:

EB Games Canada
14:20 (20 minutes ago)

Good Afternoon,

We have identified an issue at our end with some server issues, have corrected it, can confirm the payment has been made and the order should process shortly.

Feel free to contact us again should you have any additional questions or call us at 1-877-442-6303 if you require any additional assistance.

All is well it seems.

Guy had to check my order and the items and payment, I like that CSR rep but this whole thing didn't make sense.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just received my order confirmation for Sheik, Ike and Dedede from Amazon.ca. No word from Shulk from EBgames (paid with a gift card), but I'm not too worried.

Roto13

I've never pre-ordered anything from EB Games online before. It's for in-store pickup. What am I going to need to bring to pick it up? Will my husband be able to do it because I'll be home with a recovering toothless cat all day?

Yep, got same reply:

Good Afternoon,

Can't wait for the e-mail confirmation!

Incoming from Amazon.ca

copy/paste

King Dedede amiibo - Wii U King Dedede Edition
Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest CDN$ 13.99

Bowser amiibo - Wii U Bowser Edition

Ike amiibo - Wii U Ike Edition

Sheik amiibo - Wii U Sheik Edition

Toon Link amiibo - Wii U Toon Link Edition

Renewed

I've never pre-ordered anything from EB Games online before. It's for in-store pickup. What am I going to need to bring to pick it up? Will my husband be able to do it because I'll be home with a recovering toothless cat all day?

I imagine the phone number tied to the purchase would be enough. That's if you don't have an order confirmation/receipt or something like that.

Sora_N

This must be some EB exclusive bullshit or Toys 'R Us just fails.

I asked TRU if they will have new figures on Friday for Amiibos, she said she didn't know and they don't have anything in the back lol.

She said Lucario is Feb. 1 though but they don't have it? So wtf.

I guess waiting for TRU to open on Friday won't be worthwhile, I'll just pick an EB.

EDIT: Called another store just in case and he said they ARE supposed to be in, but might be delayed due to vendor port issues or something.

Lol my Metaknight order says 2/28 now, great.

ahdurian

EB just called me to let me know I can come pick up Toon Link, Bowser and Shulk tomorrow.
Just that Sonic is delayed due to Nintendo.

Renewed

So my Gamecube Adapter just arrived. Packaging is smaller than I thought, as I had the adapter in my home for a few days before when a relative came over.

And what's this of getting calls from EB for pickups!?! Oh gosh...

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
https://twitter.com/FS_Gamer/status/560927578366963714

futureshop just confirmed on twitter about Rosalina.

Hold onto your butts boys.

tumblr_mc7e8zP8n01rwxtv4o1_250.gif

Top Bottom