• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

the3ye

Placed an order for only $6.70 ($10 off after Pit fiasco)
If they plan to cancel it I'll double the refund.
Got a call from EB about Shulk. "Your online pick-up in store will be available in couple of weeks" wtf?!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm so happy I couldn't care less for Rosalina. Seems like such a headache to get. Now had I missed out on Meta Knight, I would have been peeved.

UberTag

Is this the peak of amiibo madness.
Amiibo collecting just seems to be a never-ending hell for anyone interested in them.
I mean, why even put yourself through the torture? It's not even about gaming at this point.

I'm only grabbing Shulk on the off-chance Nintendo announces some connectivity with Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS or Wii U.

Oh just wait.. if ZSS and Palutena become exclusives it'll be worse.

AHAHAHAHA... Oh god that might actually happen.

Amiibo collecting just seems to be a never-ending hell for anyone interested in them.
I mean, why even put yourself through the torture? It's not even about gaming at this point.

I'm only grabbing Shulk on the off-chance Nintendo announces some connectivity with Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS or Wii U.

... I just realized that the Shulk amiibo could potentially have some sort of function in Xenoblade Chronicles and now I'm hating myself. Shit. Maybe they'll have... Something in store tomorrow.

Reveirg

Just sold a used copy of OoT for $57. If you can find them on sale somewhere, buy em.

Huh? I ordered the game for 40$ new 3 weeks ago... On amazon.ca

Futureshop did cancel my original order though, they even gave me a 5$ credit for that hehe.

EDIT: it's 38 bucks on amazon.ca right now?

DVCY201

Huh? I ordered the game for 40$ new 3 weeks ago... On amazon.ca

Futureshop did cancel my original order though, they even gave me a 5$ credit for that hehe.

EDIT: it's 38 bucks on amazon.ca right now?

Nintendo seems to be incredibly fond of small shipments, so it disappears here and there. For example, it's sold out on BestBuy.ca right now

i-Jest

I missed out on Rosalina? SSSSHHHHIIIIITTTT!!!!!! There's still hope. Just gotta make it in time for BB/FS/Wal/EB preorders.

Yeah I put in an order and will at each place it's available if I'm able to. Any extras will go to Toronto GAFers that miss out.

Fuzzy. Keep me in mind. I might not secure an order in the future.

Oh just wait.. if ZSS and Palutena become exclusives it'll be worse.

This is what I dread the most with Smash Bros. series Amiibo's. Zero Suite Samus is the one Amiibo I want the most. I would be crushed if it became an exclusive.

Also, next week Friday is Lucario release. I'm gonna brave the retail stores like a fool looking for one. Parking lots will run red with blood that day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
i thought you got a Rosalina?
I placed an order when they were out of stock, so I expect a cancellation.

Nintendo is a horrible, horrible company and they are run by terrible, terrible people. At least roll this out so that people know when to look out for a preorder window or something. Shit.

Every time I hear about amiibos I become more aghast at how insane it all sounds. I don't know how you guys can stand the hunt, I would've gotten so angry a long time ago if I'd decided I needed these things in my life.

zroid

Banned
just gonna try and get it from EB, BB, or FS...

if I can get another ISPU pre-order from EB that might be the best. don't wanna pay shipping.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Every time I hear about amiibos I become more aghast at how insane it all sounds. I don't know how you guys can stand the hunt, I would've gotten so angry a long time ago if I'd decided I needed these things in my life.
The thing is, I just want one specific figure. It's so dumb. lol

i-Jest

Amiibo hunting ain't for the weak of heart. Grit your teeth and bare with very possible disappointment. Rule of thumb is to ALWAYS PREORDER your favorites and ones your even remotely interested in. I take some time away from the hunt when my preorders are secure.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
All I want is a ZSS. I really really hope I can get it when it happens. I greatly dislike how Nintendo is handling all this. :(

Blues1990

So, is the Meta Knight Amiibo going to be released alongside the other Wave 3 figurines? I'm tempted to visit the Best Buy that's closest to where I work.

UberTag

This is quite literally the beanie baby fad for nerds. It's completely ridiculous.
And Nintendo is simply content to shit all over anyone that's enthusiastic about this fad. Like, why would you even want to give this company money?

Man this last minute amiibo panic is terrifying to read about and be a part of. It's just getting me more and more anxious about wave 4 pre-orders and the inevitable mess of Marth reprints.

Man this last minute amiibo panic is terrifying to read about and be a part of. It's just getting me more and more anxious about wave 4 pre-orders and the inevitable mess of Marth reprints.
As long as they don't do the stupid retailer exclusive garbage with wave 4, it shouldn't be as bad as this.

That was a huge mistake, as well as the lack of communication about how it would work in different markets.

Harusame

I never knew how relentless and tiresome this amiibo collecting has become. I have missed out on pre-ordering Rosalina, Shulk and Lucario, but I feel like I'm going to be burnt out with collecting amiibo if this situation may continue to occur.

As long as they don't do the stupid retailer exclusive garbage with wave 4, it shouldn't be as bad as this.

That was a huge mistake, as well as the lack of communication about how it would work in different markets.

It feels like there's so much to follow and keep track of with waves and exclusives that it can drive a person to the brink of insanity. When will this madness amiibo-craze end!?

Reposting for amiibo- I mean knew page.

Where can I use my paypal account to purchase American Xbox points? I owe a friend of mine and he has a U.S account.

The EB Games lady told my girflriend and I to be at the store an hour before opening f we wanted a shot at maybe possibly getting a Shulk.

Reposting for amiibo- I mean knew page.

Where can I use my paypal account to purchase American Xbox points? I owe a friend of mine and he has a U.S account.

The EB Games lady told my girflriend and I to be at the store an hour before opening f we wanted a shot at maybe possibly getting a Shulk.

I honestly think it will be next to impossible to get a Shulk amiibo unless you pre-order. If someone cancels their pre-order or doesn't pick it up in time, then sure, but other than that there will pretty much be 0 walk-in Shulks available most likely.

I honestly think it will be next to impossible to get a Shulk amiibo unless you pre-order. If someone cancels their pre-order or doesn't pick it up in time, then sure, but other than that there will pretty much be 0 walk-in Shulks available most likely.

That's what I said when she mentioned we may have a chance, haha. Yet she said they "may" have one.

Savitar

Had the Sony gold wireless headset ordered since the second via amazon.ca, of course it said would take four to six weeks but really thought I would have them by now. Been rather amazed they've been out of stock so often.

I may just order from somewhere else, it has to be faster no.

(mat)

Anyone have an extra Majora's Mask "New" 3DS preorder in Edmonton they're willing to help a brother out with? Or anywhere you're willing to ship from? :)

Reveirg

I was feeling pretty much the same. Then I figured out it would save me a lot of trouble and make me happier to just bite the bullet and import them for ~20-25$ a piece. No more worrying and scouting every corner of amazon/eb/bb/etc.

Problem solved, somewhat. But yeah, the whole situation sucks, and Shulk is actually costing me ~30bucks by importing from gamestop.com -_-

Anth0ny

dude fuck this stress

I'm happy I have all the amiibo shit I'm interested in pre-ordered off amazon.fr. it was so easy, only $5 extra. Now I just play the waiting game. Rosy will be here soon :)

Top Bottom