• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I placed an order when they were out of stock, so I expect a cancellation.

Nintendo is a horrible, horrible company and they are run by terrible, terrible people. At least roll this out so that people know when to look out for a preorder window or something. Shit.

The amiibo angst is real.

I received four payment failure notifications from EB last night. I assume that means they also tried to charge me for my Sonic and Mega Man.

Still no word on my Shulk ISPU.

I still haven't received a Rosalinas cancellation. Good news for me?

I am looking forward to hearing some of the Amiibo stories today.

I forgot to order a Shiek but I have to work this morning so I guess I'm screwed out of that.

I'll give EB a call later today to see if there is any chance of my Shulk being there.

Kilvin

I am looking forward to hearing some of the Amiibo stories today.

I forgot to order a Shiek but I have to work this morning so I guess I'm screwed out of that.

I'll give EB a call later today to see if there is any chance of my Shulk being there.

Same here, I'm predicting many hoarding accounts with a fist fight tossed in for good measure. Wait for this thread to explode around 10:15 am.

Renewed

EB opens at 10am, so I'll be there then to pick up my pre-orders because I have other things that'll keep me busy today. I'll let you all know how things are when I get back.

All this freetime and I'm still waiting on my work to call me in. Ugh....

amazon said OOS but I placed order anyway.

Did Rosalina ever say in stock?

I ordered just after it went up and it said "temporarily out of stock".

The fact that the order button was up for so long makes me think some will definitely get cancelled.

I wonder how many Rosalinas there are. There would have needed to be sufficient stock for Target's 130 retail stores.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm going to head out to the ebgames at rideau centre(ottawa) and see if i can get anything without a pre-order ><, wish me good luck!

I'll ordered an extra of each from Amazon for Gaffers or friends, so let me know what you don't get, I'm in Ottawa too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I might go check for a Megaman for a friend. But I'll be in at least 1 or 2, so I expect them to be cleared out. I just want Rosalina, and to a lesser extent, a Dedede... how hard can that be???

I might go check for a Megaman for a friend. But I'll be in at least 1 or 2, so I expect them to be cleared out. I just want Rosalina, and to a lesser extent, a Dedede... how hard can that be???

I don't think Mega Man is even out yet.

My EB order updated to say February 5th. Might still be worth a look though.

Yeah my MM is early Feb too from Amazon. I don't think Rosalina is today either?

Rosalina doesn't seem to have a date and most of the major sites haven't started orders outside of Amazon. I doubt we will see her until later this month.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah my MM is early Feb too from Amazon. I don't think Rosalina is today either?

I don't think Mega Man is even out yet.

My EB order updated to say February 5th. Might still be worth a look though.
Ah, I guess I don't even have to bother then.

Rosalina would have been on Sunday, since that's when it is out in the US. But who knows about Canada now with the new rollout. I'm considering going to Target anyway, since some people are saying they might have them... but eh.

I was feeling pretty much the same. Then I figured out it would save me a lot of trouble and make me happier to just bite the bullet and import them for ~20-25$ a piece. No more worrying and scouting every corner of amazon/eb/bb/etc.

Problem solved, somewhat. But yeah, the whole situation sucks, and Shulk is actually costing me ~30bucks by importing from gamestop.com -_-

But as long as you get it, right? My Shulk is not confirmed to be shipped yet which is eating me alive! Did they start shipping yours from GameStop yet?

isny

napkin dispenser
I can quit anytime I want.

Did you hear about the Tim Hortons exclusive Mario Iced Cap Amiibo? Starting this summer, each Iced Cap you buy will have a peel-off tab with a chance to win great prizes from Nintendo including the exclusive limited edition "Mario and Peach on vacation in Canada" Amiibo that has Mario and Peach sitting under a Tim's umbrella sharing an Iced Cap through two straws...

People are already pre-selling them on ebay, assuming (wrongly) they'll manage to get one, and they're going for over three thousand dollars each.

When reached out for comment on this exclusivity Nintendo had this to say "Please understand."

I received four payment failure notifications from EB last night. I assume that means they also tried to charge me for my Sonic and Mega Man.

Still no word on my Shulk ISPU.

I still haven't received a Rosalinas cancellation. Good news for me?

I came to check this thread after receiving some payment failure notifications from EB myself (one of them being Mega Man), and I was wondering how widespread it was or if it was just a problem on my end. Should I be expecting a cancellation due to stocking issues?

Fucking Christ I woke up early to head out to EB Games to see if they have any Shulk's available for walk-in orders. If they don't have any I'm just gonna go back home and sleep again.

I came to check this thread after receiving some payment failure notifications from EB myself (one of them being Mega Man), and I was wondering how widespread it was or if it was just a problem on my end. Should I be expecting a cancellation due to stocking issues?

Yesterday a number of gaffers received payment failure notifications but when they called in EB staff informed them that this was a glitch with their software and that their items were actually charged and being prepped for shipment.

I assume it's the same problem today but it may still be worth a phone call.

Kilvin

Waiting outside my Eb at my mall. No one here but me and the local old people getting in their morning exercise. I hope they have some extra amiibos.

Watch out, that's what they want you to think. They're actually there for the amiibos

Edit: Also Full member status get!

Thanks Canadian deals and Amiibo thread! Haha

I would be waiting outside but it's fucking cold and stupidly windy outsite so I need to get the timing JUST RIGHT between me leaving my apartment and reaching the EB Games.

I don't know why I still have a glimmer of hope, they probably won't have any

Also Toronto weather shouldn't be allowed to be so free spirited.

MDSLKTR

So is this the canadian amibo discussion OT now?

Cheapest I've seen Watch dogs this week at bb/fs:

el1mPDK.jpg

Sealtest

Fucking Christ I woke up early to head out to EB Games to see if they have any Shulk's available for walk-in orders. If they don't have any I'm just gonna go back home and sleep again.

Heh if its anything like one of my local ebgames your spot in line means nothing, The manager will choose his friends to come in before he opens the gate.

The store owner just went in.
HEAVYBREATHING.GIF
Edit: In hindsight I should of asked her if they had any extra before she went into the store. I guess I have to wait now. :/

I'll ordered an extra of each from Amazon for Gaffers or friends, so let me know what you don't get, I'm in Ottawa too.

Thanks for the offering! I went out looking for a sheik, but I was able to find one toon link. The ebgames at rideau, got a lot of bowsers lol

isny

napkin dispenser
Thanks for the offering! I went out looking for a sheik, but I was able to find one toon link. The ebgames at rideau, got a lot of bowsers lol

I have an extra Sheik.

I figured as much about Bowser. Him, Mario, Luigi and Peach will all be readily available forever.

Top Bottom