• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Except lol no lol they said they're not holding it lol it's first come first serve lol don't pretend this isn't fucking bullshit lol lol lol

I know you're an EB Games apologist but just give it a rest, ok?

there's lol no lol possiblelol way lol they lol said lol first lol come lol first lol serve lol for lol a lol preorder. that's lol the lol whole lol point lol of lol preorders

Roto13

there's lol no lol possiblelol way lol they lol said lol first lol come lol first lol serve lol for lol a lol preorder. that's lol the lol whole lol point lol of lol preorders

If you think I'd be the first person to get screwed out of something they pre-ordered at EB Games, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

If you think I'd be the first person to get screwed out of something they pre-ordered at EB Games, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

right ,im sure it's happened. but that's a whole different issue. if they sold your preorder on you, then i'd say fuck yeah, go straight to the district manager. but you're arguing a policy that they put in place for legal reasons

what reason, you ask? well, they require a signature when you pick up your shit. this is to prove that if you say "hey, I never got my shit" they can say "well yes, you signed for it right here". now, if some random fuck signs for the shit, you can STILL go to them and say "hey, I never got my shit", and they can't point a signature back at you. and them saying "well she told me on the phone that dude could sign for it" isn't exactly sound legal ground to stand on, because they have no way to prove that.

mdubs

Banned
I only go there when they have something exclusive. They are 100% staffed by idiots in my experience.

Except lol no lol they said they're not holding it lol it's first come first serve lol don't pretend this isn't fucking bullshit lol lol lol

I know you're an EB Games apologist but just give it a rest, ok?

You need to chill, he's explaining their policy.

I'm home taking care of a cat who is recovering from surgery and EB Games won't give my husband my amiibo without a receipt which I never got because I ordered it online and they won't just call me to confirm that he can take it because reasons.

Have I mentioned this week how much I hate EB Games?

Considering the order was made via online in store pickup I can understand wanting proof of purchase for something like this. Especially considering how people are doing whatever they can to get their hands on the rare ones.

I worked retail and handled preorders and we wouldn't hand over an item to someone else. That isn't unreasonable. It prevents situations with people coming in later and saying we gave away their order to someone else.

(mat)

Just mentioning once more... If anyone has a New 3DS Majora's Mask preorder they're looking to get rid of, I'd be happy to help! :)

Roto13

Considering the order was made via online in store pickup I can understand wanting proof of purchase for something like this. Especially considering how people are doing whatever they can to get their hands on the rare ones.

I worked retail and handled preorders and we wouldn't hand over an item to someone else. That isn't unreasonable. It prevents situations with people coming in later and saying we gave away their order to someone else.

They have my phone number on the pre-order. Just call it.

They have my phone number on the pre-order. Just call it.

That's generally not good enough. They take a signature when you pick up your order. That prevents you from coming in later and claiming you never picked it up. They want signed proof that you did.

It's their protection. Again, as someone who worked retail people would try to pull shit all the time. I don't blame them for wanting to cover their ass.

I would never assume my girlfriend could just go and pick up my preorders.

stn

Selling: Hauppauge HD PVR 1212
Excellent condition (I'm very picky about preserving my stuff)
Includes all items except original box
Price: $60
Preferably in-person sale in TO. PM me if interested!

Man, thank goodness I randomly clicked on this thread. I though wave 3 was hitting at the end of February for some reason. EB said they would call be when the preorder came in, but lol of course they didn't.

I'm heading down to the Yonge & Dundas store now, I wonder whether it'll be there. The guy on the phone said yes, but we all know that means nothing.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
That seems to be the case for the majority of the amiibos. The only ones I can imagine from this wave being seen a month from now are Bowser and Toon Link.

Call me crazy but I think Sonic will be easy to find but it's hard to tell what's the hard one to find. I'm actually still surprised I haven't seen Little Mac or Pit in stores outside of the first day they were released.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah, I don't really trust EB employees to get legit information. Last time I went there, I asked about the GC adapter for Wii U, and the employee insisted the adapter was "discontinued forever". Yeah right.

I haven't received any call for my Shulk, but I don't feel like asking them what's going on because I'll have no way of knowing if the employee is bullshitting me or not. Urgh, the Shulk figure looks nice, but I'm not sure it was worth dealing with that joke of a store for it...

Can I at least ask for my $5 back if I don't get my Shulk?
I believe you'll get the $5 in store credit. That's what happens to me whenever I cancel a pre order from EB.

Zing

Banned
I'm being sincere here. Are you running a custom keyboard on your phone that replaced the period key with "lol"?

I got the same info when I called the STC EB Games yesterday and they told me something similar, buy I wasn't sure if I was just getting smoke blown up my ass.

The guys at my EB said they received this information from a conference call. They know not to blow smoke up my ass so I believe them.

nguyeken

Neo Member
I got my wave 3 Amiibo during Lunch from Amazon. What a great day!
SELy5ti.jpg

i-Jest

Picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy for the ten bucks or whatever the sale price is. Sold my physical copy for about a hundred bucks, so that works.

If anyone is thinking about selling there physical copies, I think Now would be the opportune time before the value of these things drops. I remember this was the case with Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 the HD version hit PSN/XBLA.

Savitar

Christ I'm glad I didn't get into the whole Ambiio thing. Also you guys need to make a thread to deal with all that, it's really flooding this one like crazy.

Also, does Walmart.ca ship fast or well? Any experiences there.

i-Jest

Guys, is Wind Waker HD for $46 a good buy? That's after taxes by the way. Always wanted to try it any I've been seeing it less and less in store.

Guys, is Wind Waker HD for $46 a good buy? That's after taxes by the way. Always wanted to try it any I've been seeing it less and less in store.

I am not sure you're going to find a better deal if you wait. It's a Nintrndo game. I think I've seen it for cheaper but I haven't seen any deals lately.

Huh...

Just saw on r/gamedeals* that Sony Stores in Canada are closing?? And they have the PS TV at half price for the core system(apparently now $39.99)...can anyone that lives near a Sony Store confirm this? I'm over an hour from the closest one.

*I take anything on reddit with a grain of salt, but:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c..._playstation_tv_5999_free_shipping_us/co5yj0q

I didn't even think about checking for Sony store clearance deals. Might be a place to check out for PS4 accessories.

ultracal31

Huh...

Just saw on r/gamedeals* that Sony Stores in Canada are closing?? And they have the PS TV at half price for the core system(apparently now $39.99)...can anyone that lives near a Sony Store confirm this? I'm over an hour from the closest one.

*I take anything on reddit with a grain of salt, but:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c..._playstation_tv_5999_free_shipping_us/co5yj0q

Oh thanks for the Intel. I'll check in a bit and report my findings.

Jinto

Just got back from trying MM on the New 3DS at FS. The 3D is pretty amazing. The new c-stick will take some getting used to along with the new shoulder buttons. Can't wait until Feb. 13th.

The key chain is pretty cheap, but I didn't really expect much. Still gonna use it though.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just got back from trying MM on the New 3DS at FS. The 3D is pretty amazing. The new c-stick will take some getting used to along with the new shoulder buttons. Can't wait until Feb. 13th.

The key chain is pretty cheap, but I didn't really expect much. Still gonna use it though.
Mind taking a pic of said key chain? :)

Mind taking a pic of said key chain? :)

The C-stick is very weird at first. It doesn't feel like it moves at all, but when you use it you notice that it works as advertised.

It feels a bit stiff at first, though I don't know if that's intended all the time or not. (Not necessarily talking about it moving in its socket, but just in general)

ultracal31

Seems kinda normal but I didn't talk to anyone and could be different store to store.

This was at the PC in downtown Vancouver

1597618_10153136651122664_1797296798257950096_o.jpg

Top Bottom