• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

If me, or anyone, gets one of these PS4s, I'll be blown away.

My card still hasn't been charged :(

I just got a phone call from a Best Buy not two minutes ago that a ps4 that I set to reserve pickup was a price error and that it's supposed to be 449+ tax, and then asked if i'd like to still pick it up,

I politely declined. lol

RS4-

I just got a phone call from a Best Buy not two minutes ago that a ps4 that I set to reserve pickup was a price error and that it's supposed to be 449+ tax, and then asked if i'd like to still pick it up,

I politely declined. lol

Waiting for RFD meltdown like that Lenovo error

Ondore

This is why I always need to remember to check this thread before going to bed. First I miss the Lenovo laptops, now a "free PS4".

Ventara

So does anybody know if BB/FS/Amazon will price-match ToysRUs Amiibo sale? I don't feel like going out of my way just to try my luck at getting what I want.

Omlagus

Came in to check the thread this morning only to discover it exploded 7 pages overnight.

Looks like I missed some fun! I would have definitely tried myself, even though I already have a PS4.

Can't see there's any way in hell they honour these, but I'm hoping at least some of you guys get lucky!

Waiting for RFD meltdown like that Lenovo error

Yep.

Got an email in a different account that a pickup order at a different location was unable to be reserved on my behalf.

That leaves 1 more in-store reservation and 2 online orders left. Glad I had different email addresses for the instore pickup. haha

I'm surprised people even tried in-store reservations, I would have bet for sure those wouldn't work. Not when a store manager, who's afraid of getting in trouble, enters the fray.

I'm surprised people even tried in-store reservations, I would have bet for sure those wouldn't work. Not when a store manager, who's afraid of getting in trouble, enters the fray.

i'm not, but you gotta spread the "bets" around, hoping beyond all hope that maybe 1 of those orders might get through and actually gets honoured by someone that hates their job that much.

I do wonder if they'll honour the orders that were placed by those who live in Quebec though.

Deadly

Wow this is what I get for going to sleep early.... If they honor it, I'll be jealous as fuck guys. I'm in Quebec, what's this law that they have to honour it? Did I just miss on the jackpot?

Joeku

Had two each of Diddy and Little Mac at my Target. Some guy came in and grabbed all four but another dude arrived and asked him for one of each and he obliged. I guess even Canadian resellers are polite.

Lexxism

NEW DEAL

Driveclub is 39.99 @ BB/FS.

@ Walmart Clearance Sale (YMMV)

32GB = $25
16GB = $10

1vr6BN0.jpg

Stage On

God damn it, When I called Toys r us yesterday they said they had two Diddy kong in stock that they would be selling today. Woke up early and they only had 1 at opening which some other guy grabbed on me :(

My only hope left to get one was Target so I zoom over there and the other guy followed me. He already had all 3 from Wave 2 so he must be trying to scalp them.

So beyond frustrated right now especially since I couldn't get the 3 for 30 deal since I already have all the other amiibo other then Marth. I'm honestly considering taking most of the ones I have back now since I wanted a full set but that's looking more and more impossible :(

God damn it, When I called Toys r us yesterday they said they had two Diddy kong in stock that they would be selling today. Woke up early and they only had 1 at opening which some other guy grabbed on me :(

My only hope left to get one was Target so I zoom over there and the other guy followed me. He already had all 3 from Wave 2 so he must be trying to scalp them.

So beyond frustrated right now especially since I couldn't get the 3 for 30 deal since I already have all the other amiibo other then Marth. I'm honestly considering taking most of the ones I have back now since I wanted a full set but that's looking more and more impossible :(

Hopefully there is a bigger shipment next week.

These things are starting to seem a little too limited.

zroid

Banned
alright going to best buy... hope they have Zelda and hope they'll price match TRU! There's a TRU just 50m away across the mall so if they don't I'll try there.

beta_fuse

If you don't mind me asking, where was this? If the scalpers are in my area, I'm not even going to bother checking on my lunch break.

Stage On

If you don't mind me asking where was this? If the scalpers are in my area, I'm not even going to bother checking on my lunch break.

It was in Oakville. From the sound of it this guy had already hit up some Burlington locations and cleared them out to boot :(

beta_fuse

It was in Oakville. From the sound of it this guy had already hit up some Burlington locations and cleared them out to boot :(

Wow that really sucks. It's not in my area but at this point I can almost assume scalpers will be everywhere cause these things are so limited. I still have my Amazon pre-order for all of wave 2 but I'm beginning to worry they will have shortage of stock to complete all the orders.

Sajjaja

Lol an email I got from FS on the ps4 reservation.
"Hi there,

We have accepted your order but the price is not 0 dollar. Rather the price is$449.99 . Sorry for the incontinence.

Thanks

Future shop"

I laughed pretty hard.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lol. This thread just exploded with the $0.0 PS4.

Today? But some were able to get since Wednesday or was it Thursday.
Yeah, the Target here got the Zelda, Diddy Kong, and Little Mac figures today. I just got them as they were pulled out of the box.

I wish there was a proper release date... EB told me Sunday? I'm all confused about it.

explodet

Scalping happened big time with Skylanders, not surprised it's happening with amiibo.
Ugly side of the toy industry.

I couldn't tell you what it took me to get a specific G.I. Joe Storm Shadow.

Kinda ticked that my online amiibo pre-order isn't being fulfilled, but at least I'm not trying to hunt them down for Xmas gifts.

Stage On

Wow that really sucks. It's not in my area but at this point I can almost assume scalpers will be everywhere cause these things are so limited. I still have my Amazon pre-order for all of wave 2 but I'm beginning to worry they will have shortage of stock to complete all the orders.

Yeah if only Nintendo would be more clear about what was getting more stock or not I wouldn't be so upset. The more it seems like I won't be able to get a full set the less I want to bother trying.

I do have Wii fit trainer and Villager but honestly as a collector myself I'm not sure I'd have the heart to scalp them.

Guesong

"Hi there,

We have accepted your order but the price is not 0 dollar. Rather the price is$449.99 . Sorry for the incontinence.

Thanks

Future shop"

I laughed pretty hard.

That's nowhere near being the word they wanted to use there. xD

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah if only Nintendo would be more clear about what was getting more stock or not I wouldn't be so upset. The more it seems like I won't be able to get a full set the less I want to bother trying.

I do have Wii fit trainer and Villager but honestly as a collector myself I'm not sure I'd have the heart to scalp them.
I'm just getting the ones I want... which at this point is basically a princess set. I'm never going to sell them, and it seems like Nintendo won't really support them outside of Smash, so why get them all?

iphys

"Hi there,

Thanks

Future shop"

I laughed pretty hard.

Lol, at least they gave you something priceless.

beta_fuse

"Hi there,

Thanks

Future shop"

I laughed pretty hard.

Cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, dollar!

zroid

Banned
derp

IzbWLv0h.jpg

edit: ummmm TRU guy said they have the new ones in stock but aren't allowed to sell them until the 14th. what?

Lexxism

Yeah, the Target here got the Zelda, Diddy Kong, and Little Mac figures today. I just got them as they were pulled out of the box.

I wish there was a proper release date... EB told me Sunday? I'm all confused about it.

I guess that might be just your local EB? I read that a lot from us got their 2nd wave from EB.

Stage On

I'm just getting the ones I want... which at this point is basically a princess set. I'm never going to sell them, and it seems like Nintendo won't really support them outside of Smash, so why get them all?

I suppose partly in case they pull a Hyrule warriors where you unlock something exclusive in game with one of them. Partly since once I got a couple I really wanted like Link and Shulk my ocd kicks in and I gotta catch em all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess that might be just your local EB? I read that a lot from us got their 2nd wave from EB.
Really? I got told this Sunday when I went into an EB, so it's a bit annoying. They also said you can't pre-order figures...
Oh well, I just wanted Zelda and I got her, so I'm happy.

I suppose partly in case they pull a Hyrule warriors where you unlock something exclusive in game with one of them. Partly since once I got a couple I really wanted like Link and Shulk my ocd kicks in and I gotta catch em all.
Yeah, I thought about buying them all, and I bought the "rare" wave 1 figures because I just saw them on shelves... but yeah, I realized I'm just throwing money away at that point. I still feel bad for owning a Marth. lol

I've already said that after the currently announced ones (which I've commited to with preorders), I'll only get the ones I want. It will just be never ending, so it needs to end at some point haha. Plus, these things won't keep value. Of course they won't. Skylanders had a phase where they were fucking INSANE, and that has died down drastically. look at Pokemon cards, and those at their peak were wayyyyy bigger than amiibos. If anyone is hoarding these for the sole purpose of reselling, you might be in a rude awakening 9unless you sell right now, while people still want ones like Marth and what not).

Stage On

I've already said that after the currently announced ones (which I've commited to with preorders), I'll only get the ones I want. It will just be never ending, so it needs to end at some point haha. Plus, these things won't keep value. Of course they won't. Skylanders had a phase where they were fucking INSANE, and that has died down drastically. look at Pokemon cards, and those at their peak were wayyyyy bigger than amiibos. If anyone is hoarding these for the sole purpose of reselling, you might be in a rude awakening 9unless you sell right now, while people still want ones like Marth and what not).

I don't know, some skylanders and traps can still be quite expensive. I'd love to pick up a Riot shield shredder life trap for example but good luck getting that for below $50 once you throw in shipping.

I don't know, some skylanders and traps can still be quite expensive. I'd love to pick up a Riot shield shredder life trap for example but good luck getting that for below $50 once you throw in shipping.

yeah, but that's the "immediate, need to have it now" crowd. That exists with amiibo too, as we can see with the three rare ones already. If you want to play the short game of small-but-decent profits, go nuts. I mean long term though, I'll be surprised if they grow in value.

I could be completely wrong, though. I have a brand new Wii Fit Trainer waiting for me if I am haha

explodet

Apparently the Zelda Amiibo is still In Stock on The Source's web store if anyone is interested.
I impulse bought a Zelda from a random EB this morning, they had tons of them. Absolutely no other wave 2s, though.

You know, when these fucking things were announced back in June, I was convinced that the WFT would be the shelfwarmer.
Time makes fools of us all, I guess.

zroid

Banned
the best buy I went to didn't even have them yet. I was told they were getting the shipment later today. sigh...

Top Bottom