• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

isny

napkin dispenser
I imagine there's no deals anywhere for Warlords of Draenor?

I had preorder mine during the E3 deals, haven't seen a deal yet though. Best you'll probably get is a b1g1 40% off deal at TRU.

Maybe take advantage of the trade two get $60 at BB?

derp

IzbWLv0h.jpg

edit: ummmm TRU guy said they have the new ones in stock but aren't allowed to sell them until the 14th. what?

This is not just for amiibo? Right?

My in-store pick-up has been confirmed for the PS4, but the numbers are odd.

It says I'll have to pay something like $4.74 of a total of $1,095 or something. Maybe they pulled two.

Doubt they'll honour it.

Megasoum

Banned
I had preorder mine during the E3 deals, haven't seen a deal yet though. Best you'll probably get is a b1g1 40% off deal at TRU.

Maybe take advantage of the trade two get $60 at BB?

Is there a lists somewhere for those 60$ at BB deal?

ohlawd

I'm going out around 8 am anyway and I'll be near a TRU so might as well. zero confidence I'm walking out with Zelda lol. forget that 30 dollar deal at this point >_<

they literally all ran to the amiibo section :|

what the fuck...

Shoe786

Wait, does this BB trade in deal mean you get an additional $60.00 gift card on top of trade in values of the games you're trading in?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if this is new or not but refurbished Wii Remote Pluses are $15 on the Nintendo store.

Has anyone had luck with these? I'd imagine Nintendo does a good job with these that you'd hardly notice it's a refurb.

zroid

Banned
I keep hoping Zelda will become available for ISPU at my local Best Buy. I feel like that's the only way I might be able to get one, particularly at the 3/$30 price. Going back to Toys R Us on Sunday, I'm like 90% sure the store will have already started selling them, having realized that the street date is indeed the 12th (and thus be sold out).

So, is it all but confirmed that Best Buy will be cancelling all orders for PS4s, including ISPs? I'm sitting here waiting and debating on whether to drive out the thirty minutes, but it seems like a waste of time given what people are posting here and on RFD.

I keep hoping Zelda will become available for ISPU at my local Best Buy. I feel like that's the only way I might be able to get one, particularly at the 3/$30 price. Going back to Toys R Us on Sunday, I'm like 90% sure the store will have already started selling them, having realized that the street date is indeed the 12th (and thus be sold out).

I think if you are able to make a trip to EB or something like that today you should be able to get Zelda. I have a feeling Zelda got a large shipment.

So, is it all but confirmed that Best Buy will be cancelling all orders for PS4s, including ISPs? I'm sitting here waiting and debating on whether to drive out the thirty minutes, but it seems like a waste of time given what people are posting here and on RFD.

No one knows about online orders yet, but there is about a 1% chance you'll be successful with an in-store reservation. Employees would have to be truly inept to let that go through.

curb

Banned
No one knows about online orders yet, but there is about a 1% chance you'll be successful with an in-store reservation. Employees would have to be truly inept to let that go through.

Sometimes they don't pay attention though. Once I placed a pick up order on a price error at Future shop. It was a $330 Yamaha receiver and a $600 set of speakers where it was supposed to be buy the speakers get the receiver free but it was priced online the other way around so that I got it all for $330. The person at the pick up counter didn't even bat an eye.

Sometimes they don't pay attention though. Once I placed a pick up order on a price error at Future shop. It was a $330 Yamaha receiver and a $600 set of speakers where it was supposed to be buy the speakers get the receiver free but it was priced online the other way around so that I got it all for $330. The person at the pick up counter didn't even bat an eye.

Yeahhhh, that seems easy to miss. $0 is less easy. but hey, I have one ordered to, so here's hoping!

They pulled two for me and have them as ISPs, but I didn't select two.

The math says I'll save about $1035.18, which is too good to be true. I don't need that many, though.

I meant in the retail space.

The Vita is great and I use it every day. If you think it's a dust collector then you must have avoided it on purpose.

No, I just haven't used the thing in months. None of its games really interest me, and all of the Cross-Buy stuff is available elsewhere.

I don't take handhelds out of the house, but still...there's been a dearth of games.

Dazzler

dang, gutted I missed out on the $0 PS4

Will be picking up Driveclub for $40 though

Found out today my GF is dental hygienist for a lady that works at EA. She's hooking me up with a $20 copy of Dragon Age and FIFA, yusssssss

ElNino

This is why I always need to remember to check this thread before going to bed. First I miss the Lenovo laptops, now a "free PS4".
Well, the only thing you "miss" is the cancellation emails. They were never going to honour the Lenovo laptops and they would never honour a mistake like this.

the3ye

huh?
All your items have been reserved and are waiting at your chosen Best Buy location.
Your items
Product Image PlayStation 4 500GB The Last of Us Remastered Bundle With Far Cry 4
$2.39
Total Savings: $517.59
Quantity: 1
Total: $2.39
Can't go there ot 9am though :(
But I guess it will be canceled, right?

"All your items are reserved and waiting at your chosen location."

$4.78
Total Savings: $1,035.18
Quantity: 2
Total: $4.78

As I said, it screwed up and set two aside.

I don't know if it's worth the lengthy drive, though, so I'm waiting. Don't want to waste the gas to be denied. It's 20 mins/way.

orochi91

I got the same email. But they were sure to call and inform me that it was an error and would not be honored.

Hopefully they straight up cancel my deliveries because I never answer calls from unknown numbers :/

Both mine are still listed as "In Progress".

DJ_Lae

I got the same email. But they were sure to call and inform me that it was an error and would not be honored.

I got the expected 'we're sorry but we're unable to complete your reservation.'

I feel bad for whoever has to sift through and cancel all of these free PS4 reservations at each store.

Okay, no I don't. Well, maybe a little.

ohlawd

crap, TRU lady told me the same thing with the 14th date.

is TRU the only place that screwed up? How about BB and FS?

Sajjaja

Hopefully they straight up cancel my deliveries because I never answer calls from unknown numbers :/

Both mine are still listed as "In Progress".
My delivery is still in progress as well lol. Just the reservations I got the calls from.

Lol I was still asleep when one of them called but I still picked it up in my sleep. I vaguely remember one person saying hello on the phone at which point I sort of came to my senses and thought I dialed in my sleep and promptly hung up the phone.

Top Bottom