• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

antibolo

Banned
UGH WHAT THE FUCK IT NEVER SHOWED UP IN THE SEARCH

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE I MISSED IT A WHOLE FUCKING HOUR AGO

I FUCKING STAYED UP DESPITE IT BEING MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND TOTALLY RUINING MY NIGHT OF SLEEP

FUCK THIS SHIT

FUCK YOU FUTURE SHOP FOR RUINING MY BIRTHDAY

I can't even go back to sleep now, I'm too pissed!!!!!

Neo Dark

I'm wondering how someone did a product comparison on BB. She's nowhere on there.

I wondered the same thing. I noticed they used a product ID search. Then it hit me. I checked Future Shop's page right there in the URL and the page itself listed as the WebID... the very product ID they used.

Anyways, good luck to you guys from your southern neighbors. =)

Edit: Got beat to it

stolin

UGH WHAT THE FUCK IT NEVER SHOWED UP IN THE SEARCH

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE I MISSED IT A WHOLE FUCKING HOUR AGO

I FUCKING STAYED UP DESPITE IT BEING MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND TOTALLY RUINING MY NIGHT OF SLEEP

FUCK THIS SHIT

FUCK YOU FUTURE SHOP FOR RUINING MY BIRTHDAY
7d8.png

antibolo

Banned
I'm just going to burn all my fucking amiibos. Nintendo can fuck themselves with their scalper-enabling pieces of plastic shit.

Spike

Just wanted to let you guys know, she is up on AmiAmi right now.

For those who cannot be bothered with Nintendo of America.

Edit: Gone by the time I posted this. :(

I'm just going to burn all my fucking amiibos. Nintendo can fuck themselves with their scalper-enabling pieces of plastic shit.

Or, you can give them to me. :)

I had some amazing sleep and now ready to head to work. How about everyone else?

I stepped away for just long enough to miss Future Shop. The good news is, Best Buy still hasn't posted theirs. Maybe they just wanted to give the east coast early birds a shot!

Anony

i woke up at 6:40est today, didnt realize to check rosalina stock because thought it was gonna be sold out within seconds at 3est

the fuck happened?
shoulda checked thread, maybe i coulda got one :|

Ventara

Man, I'm really glad I decided not to jump into the Amiibo craze. It really seems tough getting your hands on some of them.

i woke up at 6:40est today, didnt realize to check rosalina stock because thought it was gonna be sold out within seconds at 3est

the fuck happened?
shoulda checked thread, maybe i coulda got one :|

That is brutal. I'm sorry.

And going to sleep.

I said I was only going to pick up Samus when these were first announced.

What happened... :(

Man, I'm really glad I decided not to jump into the Amiibo craze. It really seems tough getting your hands on some of them.

On most of them.

The majority of the amiibos are difficult to get. There are about 5 or 6 that have any sort of regular stock.

While I was part of the craze, I think this Rosalina situation kinda killed it for me. The anarchy of it all just isn't worth it (anymore). And lately it just feels like a giant game of GAF vs. RFD. I'm done.

I'll probably keep a few of my favourite amiibos, but i'll end up selling / returning the rest.

While I was part of the craze, I think this Rosalina situation kinda killed it for me. The anarchy of it all just isn't worth it (anymore). And lately it just feels like a giant game of GAF vs. RFD. I'm done.

I'll probably keep a few of my favourite amiibos, but i'll end up selling / returning the rest.

I'm only in this for a few of my favourites. It's still crazy.

I think I'm over the hump though as there are only about 2-3 left that I can see myself really wanting.

Unfortunately, I think the craze for those will be big.

Zero Suit Samus
Duck Hunt Dog
Game & Watch

BigBossJelly

Neo Member

I think I'm over the hump though as there are only about 2-3 left that I can see myself really wanting.

Zero Suit Samus
Duck Hunt Dog
Game & Watch
I'm ready to go to war for that one, its going to be by far the toughest

Zero Suit Samus
Duck Hunt Dog
Game & Watch

ZSS is definitely one of mine as well. Rosalina was the only one I really wanted though. My only hope of getting her at this point is trading someone my Shulk or Metaknight.

CRA5H

Waiting on:

ZSS
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Mr. Game and Watch
Bowser JR.
Olimar
Falco
Greninja

and..
Jigglypuff

(Yeah, I'm screwed)

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
ZSS is definitely one of mine as well. Rosalina was the only one I really wanted though. My only hope of getting her at this point is trading someone my Shulk or Metaknight.

I really don't want to do that either. I'm hoping I could trade my Sheik for one but that'll probably never happen.

CaLe

I don't understand this craze, but I feel for you guys having to deal with this stupid business decision by Nintendo. You would think they'd understand that they should produce more of them.

I'm glad I'm not hooked on Amiibos...

I don't understand this craze, but I feel for you guys having to deal with this stupid business decision by Nintendo. You would think they'd understand that they should produce more of them.

Agreed. And retailer exclusive Amiibo don't really benefit the customer. Not that I can see anyway.

Thing is, as an adult, I can tear myself away from the craze and get over it. But how do you tell a kid that they couldn't get their favourite character or Amiibo of choice, because it was only available for less than a minute before they sold out.

Bit of a sidebar: I'm curious if anyone here on GAF can compare the Amiibo craze and availability to the Skylanders/Disney Infinity line.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member

I just got into it....and I can't stop
tumblr_m48minjxMt1r3zat8.gif

espher

Wow, a friend of mine stayed up for the projected window and said he guessed he missed it b/c he couldn't see it, so I didn't bother checking this thread before work.

If I had, I would have been on when they went up on FS/BB. Ugh.

Well, if anyone has a spare... :/ (I'm in NB, will pay for shipping.)

Bit of a sidebar: I'm curious if anyone here on GAF can compare the Amiibo craze and availability to the Skylanders/Disney Infinity line.

Amiibo has been worse. Far worse. Skylanders (at least for the first two games) were easily accessible. The only thing you had a hard time collecting sometimes was the variants.

Amiibos...is just nuts. Kinda wish my son collected DI instead. Again...readily available.

Top Bottom