• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

yall really posted over 500 times in the last couple of hours for an amiibo
hswjkEv.png

This thread makes me really glad I'm not into Amiibos.

In other news, Nintendo is still aweful for not supplying more GameCube Controller Adapters!!

Like seriously, are they discontinued forever or something??

the thrist is real, also while I was at it, I ordered etrian mystery dungeon too. Damn this month has not ended yet and I already spent like $400+ on gaming

Banned
You guys are nuts. I came here all excited that the thread moved so fast overnight I thought there were some awesome deals or confirmation of target liquidation and it ended up being about the most overrated nintendo character Amiibo lol.

God bless Neogaf. I want Lucina, Luigi and Sonic and then I'm probably done. That would put me at 10 Amiibo.

Man, those amiibos are crazy. The last few pages were pretty much a trainwreck caused by Rosalina lol.

I'm only in for some random ones, and the Fire Emblem characters. Already missed out on Ike and a couple others though since I thought I had a preorder but ended up dropping the ball on that one. Oh well.

I received a Link amiibo, so I'm good. Maybe I'll buy another down the road if they increase the functionality or something cool happens.

I went crazy about things in the past and now regret spending the money. Of course, my wallet is locked up tighter than Houdini's straightjacket.

Damn missed both links sigh, if anyone can hook me up I would appreciate it, its not even for me, my daughter loves Rosalina because she looks like Elsa from Frozen lol.

zroid

Banned
I actually was around when Amazon had them available but didn't order it just because of shipping. Never expected it would be such a (literal, insomnia-induced) headache to get one from FS or BB.

If Amazon had the Super Mario series figures available at the time, I would've just bundled Rosie with Luigi or Toad. Ah well...

khaaan

You guys are nuts. I came here all excited that the thread moved so fast overnight I thought there were some awesome deals or confirmation of target liquidation and it ended up being about the most overrated nintendo character Amiibo lol.

God bless Neogaf. I want Lucina, Luigi and Sonic and then I'm probably done. That would put me at 10 Amiibo.

I'll have to double check but my family for whatever reason told me it starts tomorrow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Amazon order is real and confirmed.
Even when it said temporarily unavailable/out of stock? I'm just waiting for them to do that Order 1886 thing that people complained about earlier, but I'd be glad to share the extras if they come through.

khaaan

Even when it said temporarily unavailable/out of stock? I'm just waiting for them to do that Order 1886 thing that people complained about earlier, but I'd be glad to share the extras if they come through.

I would love a copy if that ends up happening ;_;

Otherwise I'm pretty content with my standard edition pre-order.

So the "bundle things you want with merchandise that doesn't exist" trick that get's used with Best Buy and Future Shop...Does anyone know if that'd work for Toys R Us?

Apathy

Geeze you guys did 10 pages on refreshing pages while I slept. There needs to be amiibos support group for you. This is addiction levels of crazy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geeze you guys did 10 pages on refreshing pages while I slept. There needs to be amiibos support group for you. This is addiction levels of crazy.
For something where they only had like 400 or whatever for the entire country, you can understand the anxiety. Funny enough, it was someone in the official amiibo thread that saved us all. lol

mdubs

Banned
Alright, I am going to bed. I have to wake up in 4 hours, so Rosalina isn't worth it. Enjoy your amiibo, because it will go up once I turn off my computer.

Good luck guys. I want one but value my sleep more because I'm old.

Goodness you guys weren't lying.

So now we can all move on to awaiting the Wave 4 preorder crazy train. I really really need Lucina, and I want Robin too.

zroid

Banned
So now we can all move on to awaiting the Wave 4 preorder crazy train. I really really need Lucina, and I want Robin too.

Among those which have been revealed which I don't have pre-ordered yet, these are the only two I really want. Nintendo pls.

Moltenix

Haven't jumped on board with Amiibos yet - don't think i'm about to start. This obsession can't be good for ones health (or wallet!).

mdubs

Banned
The rage in the RFD thread when Rosalina went live and most of them missed out on it is very delicious.

But seriously just skimming that thread and looking at the discussion there vs. ours last night makes me very proud of how much better GAF is

The rage in the RFD thread when Rosalina went live and most of them missed out on it is very delicious.

But seriously just skimming that thread and looking at the discussion there vs. ours last night makes me very proud of how much better GAF is

Being more civilized than RFD is a pretty low bar.

What do you guys do with these figures after you get them?

After unlocking some costumes for Mario Kart 8, I just put them in my office, they bring back some cherished memories for when im stressed, specially Diddy and Donkey, they give me nostalgia for Donkey Kong Country era.

Zing

Banned
I didn't preorder anything since the first two waves were easy to find by just walking into stores. I guess I have no choice now if I want to finish off the Fire Emblem four.

This shit makes the first two series of Skylanders look as common as dirt. I thought the search for Wham Shell and Ninjini was tight, but this is absurd. How is this even happening when Japan and Europe are literally overstocked on all figures?

zroid

Banned
I didn't preorder anything since the first two waves were easy to find by just walking into stores. I guess I have no choice now if I want to finish off the Fire Emblem four.

This shit makes the first two series of Skylanders look as common as dirt. I thought the search for Wham Shell and Ninjini was tight, but this is absurd. How is this even happening when Japan and Europe are literally overstocked on all figures?

Just NoA being NoA

and naturally it's even worse in Canada because we're just that much lower on the totem pole

Nintendo needs to (fire/give a raise) all their Market researchers, they probably thought no one was going to buy the figures and only opened one production line for them or maybe its the opposite and they are actually limiting supply to promote demand.

Who knows.

Top Bottom