• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

In general, you should know that prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered. Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, BestBuy.ca will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account.

Pretty sure all orders (except Quebec ones?) will be cancelled. You might get some $5-10 store credit if you send some complain emails though

Truthfully, they should be on the hook for something. It's not our mistake.

eh, I dunno personally. Granted they made a mistake, but it does say this when you place an order:

THE FOLLOWING CLAUSE IS INAPPLICABLE IN QUEBEC. We reserve the right at any time to reject, correct cancel or terminate any order for any reason whatsoever. If the price of any product you order was incorrectly displayed on our Web Site, we will provide you with an opportunity to place an order at the correct price.

this is from FS, but I'm sure BB also has the same clause.

MY FS order has removed the "preparing for shipping" for the PS4 (my eraser is still good to go) so that's dead. My BB order is still active though.

theRizzle

Truthfully, they should be on the hook for something. It's not our mistake.

Not really.

In the event that an error does occur, we reserve the right to correct or cancel an order at any time, and/or edit an order to reflect the correction, and/or correct the error on our website.

In general, you should know that prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered. Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, BestBuy.ca will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.

Stage On

Is anyone in the GTA looking for the Wii Fit trainer Amiibo? I'm in Oakville and I've got one mint in box for sale.

After the cluster bomb that today has been I've decided I'm not going to try and get the whole set anymore and just a few favorites like Pikachu and my main Shulk.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
NEW DEAL

Driveclub is 39.99 @ BB/FS.

@ Walmart Clearance Sale (YMMV)

32GB = $25
16GB = $10

1vr6BN0.jpg
:O

I need that 32 GB card.

Vibranium

Banned
I just saw the mistake haha, too bad you guys didn't get it honored, but yeah it an was insanely tiny amount for BB to honor it.

Evuk

Is anyone in the GTA looking for the Wii Fit trainer Amiibo? I'm in Oakville and I've got one mint in box for sale.

After the cluster bomb that today has been I've decided I'm not going to try and get the whole set anymore and just a few favorites like Pikachu and my main Shulk.

How much are you interested in selling it for?

iiicon

Grabbed Zelda from TRU. They were out of Little Mac and Diddy , so I picked up Mario and Peach as Christmas gifts. I'm good until Pit comes out. Do we have a date for that yet? 12/31 screams placeholder date to me.

Marakh101

Neo Member
eh, I dunno personally. Granted they made a mistake, but it does say this when you place an order:

this is from FS, but I'm sure BB also has the same clause.

MY FS order has removed the "preparing for shipping" for the PS4 (my eraser is still good to go) so that's dead. My BB order is still active though.
I'm in Montreal, QUEBEC, does it mean they will have to honour my order?

Anth0ny

PS4 cancelled. fuck thiiiiiiiissssssssssss

BB/FS both canceled. Sad Friday.
Well, still a chance to grab anniversary edition...

Meta Knigh is back to preorder:
HURRY

Awesome, thanks! I grabbed a Samus too
because I get the feeling she'll be gone soon
for free shipping.

Before I put my order in, there were 88 MKs. Now, 76. They're going quick.

RaidenXZ

I still have a preorder from amazon from E3. Paid $15 for the biggest edition of The Order for ps4. The one with the most stuff in it lol

JSR_Cube

I think this whole price matching fiasco was devised by Sony to distract us from asking about the 20th anniversary PS4. What the hell are they waiting for?

Marakh101

Neo Member
I think this whole price matching fiasco was devised by Sony to distract us from asking about the 20th anniversary PS4. What the hell are they waiting for?

They're probably in a meeting with the Productions team as we speak to produce a few hundred thousands more after seeing the price it's going for on Ebay

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
WTF Order was cancelled without notice.

My prayer circle did not work ;.;

Firestorm

Best Buy just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Canadian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Canada, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Canadian public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a PS4 from either company, nor will they purchase any of Best Buy's games at E3. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Best Buy has alienated an entire market with this move.

Best Buy, publicly apologize and uncancel our PS4 orders or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Returners

Best Buy just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Canadian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Canada, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Canadian public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a PS4 from either company, nor will they purchase any of Best Buy's games at E3. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Best Buy has alienated an entire market with this move.

Best Buy, publicly apologize and uncancel our PS4 orders or you can kiss your business goodbye.

put_your_hand_up_if_you_understand_this_reference_30.gif

Also:
PlaystationCA said:
We know you're waiting for news about the limited edition console. Sorry for the delay, Canada. We'll share details as soon as possible!
https://twitter.com/PlayStationCA/status/543496677953646593

Stage On

REMINIDER!!!!

20Th Anniversary PS4's go on sale soon. Get ready to crash the Sony Store site Canuck-GAF.

I don't get what's so special about them that people are willing to pay extra for. It's the same thing with a different coat of paint, woop de do da day.

The price is already over inflated enough as it is in Canada just for the normal versions :(

Luigi87

I don't get what's so special about them that people are willing to pay extra for. It's the same thing with a different coat of paint, woop de do da day.

The price is already over inflated enough as it is in Canada just for the normal versions :(

It looks nice + nostalgia for people who had PSX/PSOnes

That being said, I already have a PS4, so... passing.

kennah

I want any PS4, but they're all about 300$ more expensive than I can afford. Can't even afford to fix/replace my PS3 with a dead drive.

*watches DVDs on a computer*

really limited item, collectors love it

Sealtest

I still have a preorder from amazon from E3. Paid $15 for the biggest edition of The Order for ps4. The one with the most stuff in it lol

We won't even get that, no confirmation it's coming to Canada and whenever i ask them they say ask sony who never replies.

Top Bottom