• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Yes, the longer you wait the better the deals get. But it never works out well because crazy people will buy up everything you want way before that, despite only having a slight discount.

If we could just get everyone on the same page when it comes to liquidation sales.

About a month into the Blockbuster sale there were still some good items to find if you went looking for them but the best items are picked up at 10% off.

Luigi87

Those are the exact same signs they used for the Zellers liquidation a couple of years ago:

mVZE9YYl.jpg

Fucking hilarious. (If it weren't so sad.)
Same liquidation company, probably?

Correct. It's the exact same liquidation company doing it.

It's not worth buying anything at the 10% discount, but of course if you wait for better deals then everything worth buying will be gone. It's a Catch-22.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, all of this makes me wonder what will happen to a lot of these locations in the future. I guess at this point the only player left is Walmart? Would they even be looking to expand by 100+ locations? It seems like it'll be a huge loss for the next while, and I know that in terms of just accessibility, not having a Target will make life a bit less convenient for a while. Not to mention the lack of retail jobs for thousands of people, of course.

Nah, just asked why they couldn't get the premium and if I could get another version of the game for the same price

I can't believe you showed them this thread lol

All jokes aside, having some sort of proof that other CSR's were giving a crazy reduction in the collectors price did help. I don't know if the CSR actually read the forum but I figured it was good to set a precedent.

Nice. Just placed an order for collectors edition just to be safe. How nicely did you ask them, or how did you ask them? I don't want to sound like a prick when I get in touch.

Did you call or use their email/messaging support system?

I'm usually very nice whenever I speak to a CSR rep, no matter how bad the situation is. I started with why I was contacting them, but when it came to the price itself I never mentioned that it was due to a goof on their part. I just wrote it was ordered at a "reduced price". I then asked why was it cancelled suddenly (even though it was already explained in the email). After he said why, i brought up that point that the 10% off code that they provided didn't work.

The csr did initially offered the collectors at 10% off, but i decllined politely, and then mentioned that some lucky folks on here were being offered the collectors edition for $15 as an apology. As I read this, it does come of as whiny, but I have no idea how the rest of you got that collectors edition for such a low price.

I used the live chat system.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You know, all of this makes me wonder what will happen to a lot of these locations in the future. I guess at this point the only player left is Walmart? Would they even be looking to expand by 100+ locations? It seems like it'll be a huge loss for the next while, and I know that in terms of just accessibility, not having a Target will make life a bit less convenient for a while. Not to mention the lack of retail jobs for thousands of people, of course.

Apparently Goodlife is looking to take over a few locations. Lots of huge locations like Stockyards in Toronto though that I have no idea what they'll do with. WalMart being right down the street, I don't see them moving.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Apparently Goodlife is looking to take over a few locations. Lots of huge locations like Stockyards in Toronto though that I have no idea what they'll do with. WalMart being right down the street, I don't see them moving.
I guess they are big enough to turn into overpriced gyms if nothing else. I guess another alternative would be to turn them into strip malls if Walmart doesn't buy the space, especially in smaller towns.

isny

napkin dispenser

If Nordstroms does well they could always take over one or two of the vacant spaces. We could also get something like JC Penny or Ross trying their hand in the Canadian market.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If Nordstroms does well they could always take over one or two of the vacant spaces. We could also get something like JC Penny or Ross trying their hand in the Canadian market.
I'm not sure if I want more giant clothing retailers. But then again, I guess that's the only alternative to the already contracting electronics market.

Which one is that? I don't think I live close to any sony stores so I'm out of the loop on this one lol.

The last one is in Chinook. They already closed down their Sunridge and downtown locations. D:
I'm so sad I missed out on $80 Vita 2000s.

gonna be a bro and grab a few for us? please?

Buy a few and sell to us through Paypal? =)

I'll try, the location is a bit out of my way but i should be in the area tonight. Hopefully they won't be all gone by the time I get there.
I'll pick up at least 4.

The last one is in Chinook. They already closed down their Sunridge and downtown locations. D:

I'll try, the location is a bit out of my way but i should be in the area tonight. Hopefully they won't be all gone by the time I get there.
I'll pick up at least 4.

Great of you! I'd take one off your hands right away! No worries if it end up being a pain in the ass and you skip going.

Hearing this stories makes me happy that Microplay is still a thing around here, I love going there and getting used games during their buy 1 get 1 free sales, seem to happen every couple of months.

Fucking Target... up to 30% off my ass.
There's like only one thing at 30% off.

Game stuff at 10%

from RFD

5% off Apple products
10% off most of everything (except the other percentages I am posting)
20% off toys
30% off a good chunk of make-up

I'll pick up at least 4.

I noticed the sunridge one closed a while ago! Didn't even have a chance to get in on that one.

Pick up a PS+ for me too, if you don't mind. I'll even pay a bit extra for the trouble. =)

I think a friend of mine got me an extra PS4 controller from there as a gift, and he said there's Playstation TVs but they're like shredded open box returns or something.

jholmes

Fucking Target.

Did you use this forum as proof that users were getting discounted collector's editions?

...cause that's what I did! lol

They know about the thread? Oh no!

It's not going to take them much detective work to figure out who I am given my screen name.

Anyone ever had a UPS shipment goes into some sort of strange limbo?

uYKniNU.jpg

Still nothing today, just "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."

There was barely any bad snow yesterday in term of Canada snow...

Luigi87

Glad to see which GAFfers here are just as bad as RFD fuckheads, and which ones aren't.

Target doesn't set any of the goddamn liquidation prices. The company doesn't even own any of the product anymore. The liquidator owns everything and controls everything. Educate yourselves.

Glad to see which GAFfers here are just as bad as RFD fuckheads, and which ones aren't.

Target doesn't set any of the goddamn liquidation prices. The company doesn't even own any of the product anymore. The liquidator owns everything and controls everything. Educate yourselves.

Christ.. it's just a liquidation sale.

Luigi87

For the record I wasn't referring to your response shagg, you're correct in that.

Christ.. it's just a liquidation sale.

It's people who are bitching about the liquidation. Companies have gone through liquidation before and it's always like this. Start low, things begin to sell, then prices ramp up.

As someone losing his job and having to constantly hear people bitch about the prices and actually have had people come in and make comments like "Told you so. Knew you would go out of business," and shit like that, one can understand that I am not fond of seeing similar on GAF as well. Yeah it was only a job for me, but it paid my bills and I made friends there, so I take some things personally regarding.

For the record I wasn't referring to your response shagg, you're correct in that.

It's people who are bitching about the liquidation. Companies have gone through liquidation before and it's always like this. Start low, things begin to sell, then prices ramp up.

As someone losing his job and having to constantly hear people bitch about the prices and actually have had people come in and make comments like "Told you so. Knew you would go out of business," and shit like that, one can understand that I am not fond of seeing similar on GAF as well. Yeah it was only a job for me, but it paid my bills and I made friends there, so I take some things personally regarding.

I remember my friends at Blockbuster having to deal with customer complaints when they were in liquidation. Yeah, I wouldn't take much shit from people complaining either.

ohlawd

sorry if I sounded that way

uYKniNU.jpg

Still nothing today, just "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."

yeah I had UPS go through a severe weather delay two months ago. it was rainy during that time but nothing close to severe. estimated delivery date got pushed an extra five days. it was nuts.

khaaan

Slightly OT,

I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks in May. I don't think I have any games pre-ordered that are coming out then but in case I do, what can I do about packages that end up at the post-office or held by UPS?

Anyone else's Majora's Mask New 3DS from Amazon still saying "we'll e-mail you when available" for the shipping info? I was thinking that a week before release it would have an estimate by now but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

DJ_Lae

uYKniNU.jpg

Occasionally. Last time they did that to me it seemed to be a blip as nothing actually changed about the delivery time. It was weird.

Granted, a lot of orders seem to route through Calgary for me and their weather is pretty weird.

Joeku

A few days ago we had an old man rage around the store for a half hour before we finally managed to get him to leave. He cursed almost every team member in the store out, told us he was glad that we were all losing our jobs, and that we deserve whatever happens to us employees.

This is over a $40 home phone that he wanted to return and was denied. He bought it 6 months ago, paid in cash, and lost the receipt.

A few days ago we had an old man rage around the store for a half hour before we finally managed to get him to leave. He cursed almost every team member in the store out, told us he was glad that we were all losing our jobs, and that we deserve whatever happens to us employees.

This is over a $40 home phone that he wanted to return and was denied. He bought it 6 months ago, paid in cash, and lost the receipt.

It was $40... I would assume you can't do returns anymore?

Otherwise...$40...

Top Bottom