• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

stn

MS Store is having a deal tomorrow on CoD: AW, and Destiny. Says up to $30 off so I assume the sale will be $39.99. Not bad for anyone planning to buy anyway. Starts at 8AM.

antibolo

Banned
I don't get what's so special about them that people are willing to pay extra for. It's the same thing with a different coat of paint, woop de do da day.

The price is already over inflated enough as it is in Canada just for the normal versions :(

No, it's more than just different color. They have an individually numbered badge, and the surface has button icons embossed on it.

Dazzler

This is a video game enthusiast forum, it's not too much of a stretch to understand why some people might be excited about a limited edition console that celebrates the original PlayStation

I have a black PS4, but I badly want one of these. Will sell my OG PS4 to help fund it

iLLmAtlc

Ya I totally get it. I so wanted a white PS3 fat back in that day, that thing was pretty.

ckOZxwZ.jpg

i-Jest

Off topic but has anyone ever given money to the Christian Childrens Fund of Canada? How difficult would it be to cancel funding?

chrono01

I understand the appeal of the PSX Playstation 4. I love the way it looks, and the little design touches they incorporated into it.

That being said, I just purchased a Destiny PS4 a few months back, so it would be irresponsible to purchase another system [especially one that will likely be $499 in Canada, maybe even higher] just for the collectible aspect of it. :(

Speaking of PS4, my Best Buy order is still "In Progress". The suspense!

the3ye

I understand the appeal of the PSX Playstation 4. I love the way it looks, and the little design touches they incorporated into it.

That being said, I just purchased a Destiny PS4 a few months back, so it would be irresponsible to purchase another system [especially one that will likely be $499 in Canada, maybe even higher] just for the collectible aspect of it. :(

Speaking of PS4, my Best Buy order is still "In Progress". The suspense!
Same situation, but that PSXPS4 is so tempting...

antibolo

Banned
That all falls under "coat of paint." The only differences are cosmetic.

Well no shit Sherlock, of course it's all cosmetic. That doesn't invalidate the fact that it's a cool (very) limited edition model that is more than just a different color.

Shoe786

Anyone who bought Power A charging station for PS4? How was it?

It's pretty great, you don't have to even try to align the bottom port or anything, the stand's shape takes care of that for you. Just a quick push and its locked in, quick push and its out again.

Not gaming-related, but saw a ton of old hockey card packs for $1 each at Toys R Us. These are packs from 1990. Must've found some boxes in the back or something.

FDR'S NEW DEAL

Wii U Pro Controllers $39.99 at Target. They scan at this price.

Stage On

This is a video game enthusiast forum, it's not too much of a stretch to understand why some people might be excited about a limited edition console that celebrates the original PlayStation

I have a black PS4, but I badly want one of these. Will sell my OG PS4 to help fund it

I guess I don't really get it because I'm extremely price sensitive since I don't have a lot of money to throw around so to me it makes no sense to get something cooler looking if it costs more but has the exact same functionality as the slightly less cool model.

Chilikar

I guess I don't really get it because I'm extremely price sensitive since I don't have a lot of money to throw around so to me it makes no sense to get something cooler looking if it costs more but has the exact same functionality as the slightly less cool model.

Okay, what if we told you that the resell value was $20,000? I'm sure even if you weren't going to purchase it originally, you would want to get this one just to sell it back out eventually

pr0cs

Anyone who bought Power A charging station for PS4? How was it?

It's pretty good, though if you don't forget to ensure that you push the side down before putting your controller on it then it will be harder to line up the charge connector on the controller.
I like that it's small and matches the controllers nicely.

Lexxism

It's pretty great, you don't have to even try to align the bottom port or anything, the stand's shape takes care of that for you. Just a quick push and its locked in, quick push and its out again.

I absolutely love mine. Has a nice feel when you press the controller down into it to secure it for charging.

It's pretty good, though if you don't forget to ensure that you push the side down before putting your controller on it then it will be harder to line up the charge connector on the controller.
I like that it's small and matches the controllers nicely.

Thanks. Glad to hear a positive feedback on this. I guess I'll buy one

Stage On

Okay, what if we told you that the resell value was $20,000? I'm sure even if you weren't going to purchase it originally, you would want to get this one just to sell it back out eventually

Lol limited or not people would have to be crazy to be spending that type of cash on it.

Besides I'd make a lousy scalper since I'd rather some other gamer got it at normal price and be happy then try to turn a few bucks for myself.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Decent amount of people in line for during the morning opening period at Metrowntown Toys R Us.

Within 10 minutes all Little Macs and Diddy Kongs (got the last one) were all gone. Apparently the cashier told me that Diddy Kong had even less shipments than Marth did. I also chat with a dude who came from Best Buy and he confirmed that Best Buy metro Macs/Diddy were gone as well.

Plenty of Zeldas though!

Sera O

Banned
That power a charging dock looks way better-designed than the iffy one I bought at launch. I'm really tempted to buy this to replace it, what with all the positive comments. It's such a chore to plug the controllers in on mine - it takes forever to align it properly, and I always feel like I'm going to damage the ports.

Off topic but has anyone ever given money to the Christian Childrens Fund of Canada? How difficult would it be to cancel funding?

I know right? They are so slow about shipping your christian child, and phone support is like totally abysmal.

There's a phone number for cancelling contributions on their website FAQ http://www.ccfcanada.ca/faq.html.

just got this
December 12, 2014

Dear doctorcdcs,

Regrettably, we're contacting you directly to inform you of a pricing error that occurred online on 11-Dec-2014. The product PlayStation 4 500GB The Last of Us Remastered Bundle WebID: 0926INGFS10305409 was mistakenly advertised online at the wrong price of $0.00 when it should have been at $449.99. We caught the error early and have since corrected it; however, we cannot honor this price and will cancel your order for this product.

From time-to-time these pricing mistakes can happen as a result of weekly price changes to the thousands of products we carry online. As a values-based organization, we look to our guiding principles to help us make the right decisions and corrections quickly. Your trust is paramount to us, and we'll do everything we can to provide excellent customer service.

Again, we're sorry we can't complete your order at the incorrect price. If you haven't already, you'll soon receive a cancellation notice via email.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and/or frustration this may have caused. Thanks for your continued loyalty to BestBuy.ca.

If you have any further questions, please contact us directly.

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team

caught the error early? haha

no. no they didn't

Jinto

Like the new thread title. lol

Just picked up Zelda, Link, and Peach Amiibos from ToysRus.

Glad people like their PowerA chargers as I just picked one up myself. I was debating getting that or the I-Con one, since it came with PS4 Minecraft for $29.99, but wasn't sure about the quality of those.

Roto13

Well no shit Sherlock, of course it's all cosmetic. That doesn't invalidate the fact that it's a cool (very) limited edition model that is more than just a different color.

Read your own post along with the part that you bolded, learn figures of speech, and stop being bitchy.

December 12, 2014

Dear Mysterious,

Regrettably, we're contacting you directly to inform you of a pricing error that occurred online on 11-Dec-2014. The product PlayStation 4 500GB The Last of Us Remastered Bundle WebID: 0926INGFS10305409 was mistakenly advertised online at the wrong price of $0.00 when it should have been at $449.99. We caught the error early and have since corrected it; however, we cannot honor this price and will cancel your order for this product.

From time-to-time these pricing mistakes can happen as a result of weekly price changes to the thousands of products we carry online. As a values-based organization, we look to our guiding principles to help us make the right decisions and corrections quickly. Your trust is paramount to us, and we'll do everything we can to provide excellent customer service.

Again, we're sorry we can't complete your order at the incorrect price. If you haven't already, you'll soon receive a cancellation notice via email.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and/or frustration this may have caused. Thanks for your continued loyalty to BestBuy.ca.

If you have any further questions, please contact us directly.

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team

Sora_N

Dear Victor,

Thank you for contacting Future Shop regarding order x

We do apologize for the incopnvenience this has caused you.

We have received your email for this matter. We already checked your account here in our end unfortunately, the order has been automatically cancelled by the system itself. We would suggest you to call our Future Shop Customer Service hotline number at1-800-663-2275 for further information. Rest assured that they will assist you for this transaction to get resolved.

If you need further assistance feel free to email us back.

Thank you for contacting Future Shop. We do value your business.

Not gaming-related, but saw a ton of old hockey card packs for $1 each at Toys R Us. These are packs from 1990. Must've found some boxes in the back or something.

These are at EVERY location! I actually once found a Japanese Gym Heroes Pokemon TCG pack that had a holo Blaine's Arcanine! :D Sadly I've not found any Pokemon packs since in these. :( And yep, it was 50 cents or a dollar!

so when will playstation canada actually fucking tell us how to pre-order the limited edition?

first the ps blog said stay tuned to the ps canada twitter on dec 6 and when i did all day all i got was a "next week is for canadians!" and now all they post are "stay tuned!"

for fuck's sake i got shit to do. i can't be arsed checking your damn twitter every now and then and reading through your tweets just to find a link. waited the whole day last weekend only to get a stay tuned tweet and now all they are saying is 'stay tuned' to just about every other question about it. it'd be nice to have a timeframe of when to actually expect it instead of having to keep reminding myself to check twitter to not miss out.

this seriously blows. we also have a life to live. we're already wasting time enough trying to look out for that damn preorder link every now and then because the stock will be gone in 10 seconds once that thing goes live.

the3ye

Decent amount of people in line for during the morning opening period at Metrowntown Toys R Us.

Within 10 minutes all Little Macs and Diddy Kongs (got the last one) were all gone. Apparently the cashier told me that Diddy Kong had even less shipments than Marth did. I also chat with a dude who came from Best Buy and he confirmed that Best Buy metro Macs/Diddy were gone as well.

Plenty of Zeldas though!
Noooooo!!!!
I wanted to go there right after work... EB map shows they have Mac in stock though, will try there....

so when will playstation canada actually fucking tell us how to pre-order the limited edition?

first the ps blog said stay tuned to the ps canada twitter on dec 6 and when i did all day all i got was a "next week is for canadians!" and now all they post are "stay tuned!"

for fuck's sake i got shit to do. i can't be arsed checking your damn twitter every now and then and reading through your tweets just to find a link. waited the whole day last weekend only to get a stay tuned tweet and now all they are saying is 'stay tuned' to just about every other question about it. it'd be nice to have a timeframe of when to actually expect it instead of having to keep reminding myself to check twitter to not miss out.

this seriously blows. we also have a life to live. we're already wasting time enough trying to look out for that damn preorder link every now and then because the stock will be gone in 10 seconds once that thing goes live.

set your twitter app to send an alert to your phone everytime playstationca does a tweet

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Noooooo!!!!
I wanted to go there right after work... EB map shows they have Mac in stock though, will try there....

I'd highly suggest calling before going cause when I went there in the morning they didn't have any of the newer ones outside of Zelda.

kennah

WOOOOOHOOOOOO

3DSXL Charging Cradle finally back in stock. I just ordered one, should be here in time for Christmas I hope.

*pointlessly excited*

Got the email as well. To respond or not to respond.

Could you post a template if you chose to contact them? Part of me accepted that this was never going to go through. another part of me is like.. well.. if they want me to ask questions.. maaayyybeee a little something something might be nice..?

I just don't know what to write, or if I should write anything

Top Bottom