• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I ordered a bunch of movies (with free Admit One passes and Scene points) from Cineplex a couple weeks ago.

1. They sent me the french version of Guardians of the Galaxy.

2. They didn't include my two free Admit One passes.

3. This is the best one: I ordered Seven Psychopaths on Bluray. They sent me Sex Tape on DVD.

4. I haven't received my other packages yet.

5. You probably should order stuff from the Cineplex Store.

zroid

Banned

woops. I believe the English and French versions are different SKUs on the store though. Are you sure you picked the Englsih version? They don't even tell you on the store iirc so I normally search the UPCs on Amazon to make sure I'm getting the right one.

3. This is the best one: I ordered Seven Psychopaths on Bluray. They sent me Sex Tape on DVD.

lol @ this though

woops. I believe the English and French versions are different SKUs on the store though. Are you sure you picked the Englsih version? They don't even tell you on the store iirc so I normally search the UPCs on Amazon to make sure I'm getting the right one.
This is their Guardians of the Galaxy page:

http://store.cineplex.com/store/recorddetails?R=prod1860091

(click "Buy Disc")

I didn't want the Special Edition, so I just clicked on the normal Bluray version. It wasn't until after my order had been shipped that I noticed the "normal" Bluray version is the one that looks like a f'n DVD in the thumbnail. It has the exact same thumbnail as the DVD version.

Such a dumb site.

zroid

Banned
This is their Guardians of the Galaxy page:

http://store.cineplex.com/store/recorddetails?R=prod1860091

(click "Buy Disc")

I didn't want the Special Edition, so I just clicked on the normal Bluray version. It wasn't until after my order had been shipped that I noticed the "normal" Bluray version is the one that looks like a f'n DVD in the thumbnail. It has the exact same thumbnail as the DVD version.

Such a dumb site.

yeah lol... I figured

always check the UPCs :X

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I ordered a bunch of movies (with free Admit One passes and Scene points) from Cineplex a couple weeks ago.

5. You probably should order stuff from the Cineplex Store.

Oh boy I'll have to share my sisters story on her time ordering from Cineplex:

A few years when they first started to sell DVD/Blu-rays on the Cineplex website my sister wanted to take advantage of the deal (buy [x]$ of movies, get 1000 scene points) but there was no movies she wanted outside of New Moon DVD which was new at the time. My sisters friend requested a copy hence she only ordered 2 copies of the movie.

Cue 2 weeks later where my sister got a very large package from Cineplex which turns out to be 20 DVD copies of New Moon. Apparently there was a computer error which got her order wrong (2 magically is now 20 DVDs) but the best part of this error was it also calculated the scene points for the 20 DVDs which leads to her getting 20,000 scene points.

She managed to get a refund when she complained about the error and as a sign of good will they let her keep the scene points.

All because of New Moon...

Haha I've ordered from the Cineplex store like four times, and each transaction has been awesome. The deals, when they have them, are great.

zroid

Banned
Oh boy I'll have to share my sisters story on her time ordering from Cineplex:

A few years when they first started to sell DVD/Blu-rays on the Cineplex website my sister wanted to take advantage of the deal (buy [x]$ of movies, get 1000 scene points) but there was no movies she wanted outside of New Moon DVD which was new at the time. My sisters friend requested a copy hence she only ordered 2 copies of the movie.

Cue 2 weeks later where my sister got a very large package from Cineplex which turns out to be 20 DVD copies of New Moon. Apparently there was a computer error which got her order wrong (2 magically is now 20 DVDs) but the best part of this error was it also calculated the scene points for the 20 DVDs which leads to her getting 20,000 scene points.

She managed to get a refund when she complained about the error and as a sign of good will they let her keep the scene points.

All because of New Moon...

Amazing :lol

Ventara

Any way I can get a Surface 2 for cheap in the next 2 days? My sister has been hounding me for one for her birthday, but I've kept putting it off, and now her birthday is this Wednesday. I know I'll probably have to pay full price for procrastinating, but I thought I might as well check and see if there was a deal to be had somewhere.

So they (Walmart CS rep) told me they don't match Amazon whatsoever. Not even Walmart.ca would. And they said it had to be in a flyer.

Weird thing is I price matched one of those Staples clearances on their website back in May. Maybe this location is just dunb.

isny

napkin dispenser
So they (Walmart CS rep) told me they don't match Amazon whatsoever. Not even Walmart.ca would. And they said it had to be in a flyer.

Weird thing is I price matched one of those Staples clearances on their website back in May. Maybe this location is just dunb.

"Will Walmart match competitor prices?

We will gladly Ad Match with proof of the current in-store retail price of any local competitor’s ad (printed or digital) for an identical item provided that the item is in stock. Not applicable to used or refurbished items, clearance sales, combination promotions (e.g., gift with purchase), double or triple coupons, after-sale rebate offers, preferred customer discounts or random discounts (e.g., scratch and save events) offered by other retailers, or to competitor misprints or withdrawn or corrected advertisements. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Our “local competitors” and ‘identical items’ are determined by us. Walmart’s Ad Match program may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice."

They refuse the right if Amazon.ca isn't deemed "local" by the store manager who wants to be a dick and not PM for you.

kennah

Yeah their site is a mess. Lucky thing I entered the skus into Amazon or I would have accidentally ordered the French GotG as well.

I finally got my long awaited order in the mail from Futureshop after the PS4 price screwup:

1pH0Dlu.jpg

I'm still wondering if it's even worth the gas to return it. I mean, I DID get free shipping. lol

Thanks guys! Console's running great, now officially in team PS4U. Picked up the Rocketfish vertical stand (25$ wtf) and Driveclub since it was on sale. Expected to have The Last of Us on a disc but I ain't complaining. Between those and Far Cry 4, I think I'll be good for a while.

Marakh101

Neo Member
So Sony France decided to postpone their 20th Anniversary ps4 release to January, for "Security reasons".
Probably a matter of days until the same thing happens in Canada.

Yeah, and they say the reason is because they fear for security.
I think the truth is they are all running out of stock

I tend to think like you. What happened with Canada is really suspicious and their wording about its availability has been changing in a subtle way throughout the rare updates we got.

knowing my luck, pretty sure they will announce the pre-order is available tomorrow when I go out for lunch with my boss

Meh... I spent the entire past week thinking like that every time I had to do something... Only brought me stress for nothing at all...

This have been handled so badly by Playstation Canada. I have a feeling that when the reveal finally comes, it will be disappointing.

i-Jest

knowing my luck, pretty sure they will announce the pre-order is available tomorrow when I go out for lunch with my boss

This is generally what I fear when it comes to the retailer exclusive Amiibo's. I don't want to spend all day at work only to come home and see that I missed the Shulk, Lucario, or Roselina preorders. I was lucky enough to get the Meta Knight preorders in but still a little on edge from this possibility.

ohlawd

I finally got my long awaited order in the mail from Futureshop after the PS4 price screwup:

I'm still wondering if it's even worth the gas to return it. I mean, I DID get free shipping. lol

yeh I got my pen in the same big ass wrapping. Cost me 1.12, fucking whatever at this point. Serves as a reminder of that error and that one of us scored big time.

jholmes

yeh I got my pen in the same big ass wrapping. Cost me 1.12, fucking whatever at this point. Serves as a reminder of that error and that one of us scored big time.

On Black Friday I got Ziploc bags with the free shipping which I thought was really funny, but I ran out of Ziploc bags before they arrived and then felt like an idiot. But getting one pen in a giant padded manila envelope is even better.

Lexxism

Probably, but we get such crappy sales these days that I wouldn't expect it to be lower than $59.99.

I'm still hoping we get a deal on PS+.

It's already 55.99 currently at FS if you buy 2 PS4 games. I think 49.99 will be the price for it at Boxing Day but I'm at least hoping for 39.99.

Dunlop

Can't you just switch the audio on the movie?

I got my copy yesterday with the passes and I didn't pay attention to the language on the sleeve, hope my wife didn't open it

curb

Banned
So Sony France decided to postpone their 20th Anniversary ps4 release to January, for "Security reasons".
Probably a matter of days until the same thing happens in Canada.

I can't wait to see the responses to the PlaystationCA Twitter account when that happens.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Late, but general thanks to the people who gave suggestions RE: my question about boxing day sales on computers. Since this is a teenager, I don't really think that building something on Newegg is necessary really, and it's pretty much gonna confuse his computer-illiterate parents, but I'll see if they have sales.

Also, I'm hoping for Driveclub to drop to $30 for Boxing Day. I think that's my threshold without a PS+ edition.

soultron

Banned
WORST DEAL

20th Anniversary PS4 now on pre-sale though Sony Canada.
$499.99, shipping estimate 04 January 2014. (Remember that it includes the PS Camera and a vertical stand.)

EDIT: SOLD OUT.

Top Bottom