• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

kaiyo

GDI, got the tweet via sms, took my phone forever to load the site,pressed preorder 502-ed went back try to pressed preorder and it went to an empty cart.. Tried again, got a tweet saying sold out thanks Canada. I'm like fuuuuuu.. Thanks Sony =(

I ordered one for in store pickup and one to ship. I am trying to cancel the shipped one since I really just wanted it for in store pickup.

FYI: They put the PS4 order page back up.

No stock though.

curb

Banned
I think the LE PS4 orders in Canada situation was going to be a disaster no matter what. They just tweet the URL out there and it's a mad dash and people get screwed. If they had given people notice, when the link went up it would have got hammered leading to errors everywhere and people still get screwed. I don't think there was any good way to handle this give how extremely limited I'm sure the quantities were.

I feel bad for the west coast peeps though. That's very shortsighted on Sony's part.

Dazzler

I understand why they didn't give notice, but releasing at 7.24am west coast time is an outrageous oversight

Did Sony expect me to be up and at a computer 24 hours a day until they announced it?

so unbelievably frustrating

Chilikar

I understand why they didn't give notice, but releasing at 7.24am west coast time is an outrageous oversight

Did Sony expect me to be up and at a computer 24 hours a day until they announced it?

Yeah I feel like 10 minutes prior notice would've helped a lot. People like DoctorWho or myself could've had a chance at least. It's enough time for some to prepare and not enough to make the website go down (probably).

soultron

Banned
I think the LE PS4 orders in Canada situation was going to be a disaster no matter what. They just tweet the URL out there and it's a mad dash and people get screwed. If they had given people notice, when the link went up it would have got hammered leading to errors everywhere and people still get screwed. I don't think there was any good way to handle this give how extremely limited I'm sure the quantities were.

I feel bad for the west coast peeps though. That's very shortsighted on Sony's part.

Do it in waves, per province/region (east, west, central, territories, etc.) so the entire country can get in at times they're actually awake.

Give warning. Only ship to certain provinces that have a billing and shipping address in western provinces "Hey western Canada, be ready between the hours of 5-7 PM PST for our first wave of LE PS4s to get posted here!"

Something. Anything would've been better than this disaster.

Marakh101

Neo Member
When I click the link on the PS canada account, 1/2 the page still shows up but then again you click on pre-order and it goes to an empty cart.

Pretty much this, the other alternative would have been a draw but those suck too as you never know if they just give the winning tickets to friends/family.

Seeing some people getting it here tell me that at least they did put it up for the public and not just faking it.

Ryde3

Any way I can get a Surface 2 for cheap in the next 2 days? My sister has been hounding me for one for her birthday, but I've kept putting it off, and now her birthday is this Wednesday. I know I'll probably have to pay full price for procrastinating, but I thought I might as well check and see if there was a deal to be had somewhere.

Hey man, it's just that location. I tried to PM an Xbox one at Wal-mart when it was 350 on Amazon (pre price drop) and they told me no, we aren't price matching Amazon this weekend They were also offering a 50$ GC with the Xbox One.

Went to another location and got the price match + gc. Try another location.

JSR_Cube

A little more heads up would have been nice but as others have said it was going to be a mess no matter what. Surprisingly the responses on the twitter page hasn't been too vitriolic so far.

the3ye

Scalpers don't sleep. We should learn from them. Good job Sony!
At least i preordered Shulk, but with EB, you never know

Ryde3

I'm not going crazy for Amiibos but I really wanted Diddy Kong, he's going for 40+ on kijiji... what's the chances of him getting restocked? Didn't realize Amiibos would be such a hit. Also wish I could get a GC adapter, I never anticipated having so much 4 player co-op fun with Smash Bros!

ahdurian

i have an extra GCN adapter, but it's in the bundle.
I had completely forgot I ordered the bundle, when I bought the adapter, controller and game seperately.
Wonder if anyone would buy a used adapter...

Gritesh

Yeah I'm pretty upset right now I've been basically watching the twitter page like a hawk got stuck working a bit this morning and bam with no warning it's just up and sold out instantly.

I mean after telling us that it would be available for preorder on the day of the keynote and then switching that to wait till next week and then nothing all week and then just without warning it goes up.

I really wanted one of these kinda feel burnt right now.

ahdurian

...how much do you want for it ?

I'm in Toronto/would be interested.

Sell it in ebay. I made over $120 selling mine.

I think I would be more tempted to sell the bundle, since I never opened it yet. Just been to lazy to send it back to Amazon, but don't know how much I could get for it in general

mdubs

Banned
I'm resisting the urge to check RFD if people are showing off their multiple purchases of the PS4 LE.

Still in shock. :(

I just checked, they didn't. Pretty much the same as here over there, some of us got one but plenty did not. No one (yet) has posted about getting multiple.

In a perfect world none of the RFD people would get them and only GAF people would.

kaiyo

I just checked, they didn't. Pretty much the same as here over there, some of us got one but plenty did not. No one (yet) has posted about getting multiple.

In a perfect world none of the RFD people would get them and only GAF people would.
What if your on GAF and RFD? Get half of it? Lol

antibolo

Banned
Let's be honest, we all knew it would be sold out within minutes. The chances of being able to snag one were astronomically slim.

Ryde3

I think I would be more tempted to sell the bundle, since I never opened it yet. Just been to lazy to send it back to Amazon, but don't know how much I could get for it in general

Hey man, can't go wrong selling it for some extra dough, especially since it's sealed. If you have a change of heart and want to let it go individually send me a PM with a price. Thanks.

Returners

I was looking at the Twitter conversations. Turns out people in the UK were also eyeing the Canadian sale.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Years from now, we will talk and reminisce about this day. Where were you at 10:27AM on December 16th, 2014 when it all went down?

Roto13

As dirty as I feel for having to go into an EB Games, I've pre-ordered a Shulk amiibo. I don't normally do pre-orders, but I'd better not take any chances with something limited to somewhere as shady as EB Games.

It's the only amiibo I plan to buy. :p I just want to have it, not resell it.

East coast bias sucks, but at least it's not at bad as Dell Days of Deals from a few years back (when they were actually good). They'd go up at 6am EST and sell out in 30 minutes.

That reminds me, I actually enabled "mobile notifications" for the PS Canada twitter but I have yet to receive a single one, what the fuck??

That has to be a phone setting you missed. You enabled the notifications for that account within the app, but did you actually enable Twitter notifications in your phone's settings?

Top Bottom