• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I think I broke my foot running to my computer after recieving the notification.

But wow I am surprised. Checkout was extremely fast. Can't wait for the New Year to get it!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I got in just as I saw the tweet show up, got very lucky that I checked Tweetdeck right at that time :O

Got one, they seem to be gone now, my brother tried to order one and its getting:

We're sorry.This has been removed from your cart as it is no longer available.

They lasted literally 5 minutes.

soultron

Banned
Well, they were late anyway. It was posted (can't remember where, maybe on the US info page where the orders were being taken originally) to follow the PS Canada account on twitter, and that they'd be posting information last week. Fast forward to Tuesday of this week... and it drops out of nowhere that it's up.

I bet there was like <100 units for all of Canada.

What if they did it while you were out? You would probably be annoyed. I don't know how this is better than at least a little warning.

I would absolutely be annoyed. But better I would honestly rather take my chances this way over Sony tweeting a specific time, and having thousands of people waiting a the door of a site that will certainly crash.

I had my tweet notifications set up, I was as prepared as I was gonna get.

Im never lucky enough for this stuff, somehow I was on Tweetdeck just talking to a friend when I saw the tweet, damn, im so happy right now

Chilikar

But that would prepare the scalpers more than us regular folks.

That is true, however... I don't have a twitter account and didn't know they would tell you like this. Not to mention, I was studying during the time and wasn't able to keep checking if it was out or not. This was pretty unfair to be honest, and I'm sure scalpers who saw this before us regular people would've taken like 5 of them anyways

EDIT: That being said, I'm not THAT upset about it. I was wondering what I would do with 2 PS4's. Still, I feel sorry for people like DoctorWho, who really wanted it.

Riptwo

I got one too, thanks to having text message notifications on their twitter account. That got my adrenaline pumping more than a Mondo poster release!

Dazzler

Good job releasing when most people on the west coast are in bed/getting ready for work you utter dickheads

also - without ANY notice

soultron

Banned
I just wish Canada wasn't treated like some backwater cousin to NA and EU when it comes to how Sony handles its promotion and marketing efforts. It's like we didn't exist when it came to the LE 20th anniversary PS4.

Banned
I've already had three ps4's due to tradin in and such and I promised I wouldn't touch another one but when Sony showed that ps1 themed one I changed my tune.

Too bad it's sold out so quickly. Probably got less then 200 for canada.

Looks like Shulk is already out of stock. I wonder what the biggest order placed was.

Edit: must have just been a glitch or something cause it's actually in stock.

woah you can pre-order online for in-store pick uo now??? nice

Yeah, I noticed that too, but decided to just ship it to my home in the end and will likely pre-order another Shulk in store tomorrow if possible while I return something that was never supposed to be sent to me. If I end up with two Shulks, then I can keep one pristine and in the box. :)

zroid

Banned
Looks like Shulk is already out of stock. I wonder what the biggest order placed was.

lolwat

I just finished ordering it like a minute ago

they probably have even fever units available than the grey PS4s!

Yeah, I noticed that too, but decided to just ship it to my home in the end and will likely pre-order another Shulk in store tomorrow if possible while I return something that was never supposed to be sent to me. If I end up with two Shulks, then I can keep one pristine and in the box. :)

I'm not one of those hardcore collectors but I do like keeping these in the box. I tried that trick to remove the protective foil with tweezers, but it didn't really work out. I just cut a flap open from the bottom so I could peel off the foil manually without touching the figures. Works for me! :p

Top Bottom