• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Dazzler

As dirty as I feel for having to go into an EB Games, I've pre-ordered a Shulk amiibo. I don't normally do pre-orders, but I'd better not take any chances with something limited to somewhere as shady as EB Games.

It's the only amiibo I plan to buy. :p I just want to have it, not resell it.

I was in there last night, lady in front of me buying an Xbox 360, three games, Kinect and a second controller

Dude asked her for every single item if she wanted a warranty

The upselling is so annoying

antibolo

Banned
That has to be a phone setting you missed. You enabled the notifications for that account within the app, but did you actually enable Twitter notifications in your phone's settings?

Ah fuck I see it now. I have to go and individually enable notifications for that account, that I already "enabled" from the Web UI (which only added it to the list of accounts I can then enable on my phone). What an absurdly, stupidly designed UI. Go to hell Twitter.

I was in there last night, lady in front of me buying an Xbox 360, three games, Kinect and a second controller

For what it's worth, they hate doing it more than you hate hearing it.

Vamphuntr

What's up with with the drama over a gray PS4? Does it come with exclusive software or something or were you guys were planning to put them on sale on ebay?

ahdurian

What's up with with the drama over a gray PS4? Does it come with exclusive software or something or were you guys were planning to put them on sale on ebay?

IF I did get one, I was planning to sell my Day 1 PS4 to my coworker, and then keep the 20th Anniversary for myself.
Didn't want to resell, as I've been a Sony fan since the day I got my PS1.

PS1 was the first video game console I could actually call my own, so it's more of a nostalgia thing for me

Yea no way people are interested in owning a very limited special edition of their favorite console if it doesn't come with exclusive software!

i'll be selling mine. i already have a launch ps4, and don't like to resell. but they are going for so much that i cant say no. otherwise i'd keep it

Roto13

When I bought Super Mario 3D World in there, the guy told me I should get a protection plan because Wii U games are more fragile than other games.

Recently I went in with a friend and he bought a used copy of Heavy Rain, and the girl said he should get a protection plan because it protects against bugs and glitches and Heavy Rain is super buggy. That one doesn't even make sense.

These assholes and their lies.

soultron

Banned

I don't have a PS4. This one looks very nice and even comes with the camera.

Pretty simple. I actually wanted it to open and use.

I got caught up in the nostalgia of wanting that damn grey PS4.

So happy I got one. Gonna keep mine and probably not only use it, but also throw in a 2TB hard drive.

Chilikar

For those interested, Persona 4 Ultimax is 24.99 on Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Atlus-PS-00153-8-Persona-Arena-Ultimax/dp/B00KBD4SJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418754991&sr=8-1&keywords=persona+ultimax

Half-price a month later, glad I waited - plus you also get the pre-order bonuses!

:O I want it! Would you guys say this would be worth it if I already have the first persona 4 arena?

EDIT: Achtius: yeah it actually says it comes with the preorder bonus. It comes with part 1 of the tarot cards and the inflatable teddie bag

Past

Easy $2000+ profit, much more if you hold it on for a few years. I doubt many people are actually buying it to play.

mdubs

Banned
:O I want it! Would you guys say this would be worth it if I already have the first persona 4 arena?

Yes, adds a lot more story mode and new fighters. I bought for e3 price and was not disappointed, pure Persona fanservice if you love the series

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Does it actually say you get the pre order bonus?

In Bonus Offer:

Purchase Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 and receive an inflatable Teddie in bop bag form and Part 1 of the Persona Tarot Card Collection. Teddie bop bag and tarot cards will be packaged with the game. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.ca. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

:)

I'm getting it although I have Persona 4! :D Plus it's cheap :p

Chilikar

Yes, adds a lot more story mode and new fighters. I bought for e3 price and was not disappointed, pure Persona fanservice if you love the series

Is it the same story with additions or is it a sequel? I never actually finished the story for the first one since I was stuck at 99%....

Roto13: cool, I'll check it out when I take a break from studying. Thanks a lot

EDIT:

I'm getting it although I have Persona 4! :D Plus it's cheap :p

Complete sequel, picks up where the first one left off. Story mode is structured a lot better too (it is split into p3 side and p4 side)

Okay, you guys won me over. Gonna make that purchase!

mdubs

Banned
Is it the same story with additions or is it a sequel? I never actually finished the story for the first one since I was stuck at 99%....

Complete sequel, picks up where the first one left off. Story mode is structured a lot better too (it is split into p3 side and p4 side)

Roto13

Roto13: cool, I'll check it out when I take a break from studying. Thanks a lot

The story is a sequel and much less repetitive than the first Arena. The first game's story isn't included, but you can buy it as DLC. Not that there's any reason to. :p

Gravidee

For those interested, Persona 4 Ultimax is 24.99 on Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Atlus-PS-00153-8-Persona-Arena-Ultimax/dp/B00KBD4SJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418754991&sr=8-1&keywords=persona+ultimax

Half-price a month later, glad I waited - plus you also get the pre-order bonuses!

Dang, thought I'd have to wait at least a few months for a good price! Would have preferred 19.99 but if the pre-order bonuses are really included I don't think I can complain.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

It's a collector's item, there's only ever going to be 12300 of these in the world, each with their own special badge saying which number of the 12300 it is.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the heads up, I managed to pre-order Shulk through EB's website.

But now, I see that my CC number is saved there, and I absolutely cannot find the option to remove it...? Any idea how to do that? I can't believe they would keep it saved and prevent you from removing it...

Lexxism

But now, I see that my CC number is saved there, and I absolutely cannot find the option to remove it...? Any idea how to do that? I can't believe they would keep it saved and prevent you from removing it...

Yeah, I also don't see the option to remove the credit card from them. I guess we need to contact their CS to remove our card? :lol

chrono01

I'm trying to pre-order Shulk from EBGames.ca, but it won't get past the first page of checkout. Is he sold out already? The website still says he's available...

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/719065/shulk-amiibo-figure-eb-games-exclusive

Just updated, and sold out.

I give up. I have to say, this Amiibo situation is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to sit and refresh a page every few hours to get a specific Amiibo. Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight were all available in the US for a long period of time. I'm not sure of the time-frame, but I'd say at least a couple of weeks. In Canada though, both Shulk and Meta Knight sold out with a couple of hours? We must be getting a very small amount.

It makes me fear for Lucario and [especially] Rosalina, not to mention the latter which we'll have to find in-stores. Buying these things shouldn't be like this. If they were getting second/third/etc. shipments, I wouldn't be concerned as I am, but considering the way Nintendo has seemingly handled these in the past [with Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer], this might be the only shipment we get. :/

Vamphuntr

Easy $2000+ profit, much more if you hold it on for a few years. I doubt many people are actually buying it to play.

That's what I was thinking.

Yea no way people are interested in owning a very limited special edition of their favorite console if it doesn't come with exclusive software!

I was thinking this one might actually play psone classics since it's the PS Anniversary edition. Guess not. I think people are more going crazy over the word "limited" than for the console itself.

I don't plan on selling mine, but I'm absolutely not using it. If anything, it will be a decoration in my apartment.

That's hardcore :O

I'm trying to pre-order Shulk from EBGames.ca, but it won't get past the first page of checkout. Is he sold out already? The website still says he's available...

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/719065/shulk-amiibo-figure-eb-games-exclusive

Just updated, and sold out.

I give up. I have to say, this Amiibo situation is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to sit and refresh a page every few hours to get a specific Amiibo. Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight were all available in the US for a long period of time. I'm not sure of the time-frame, but I'd say at least a couple of weeks. In Canada though, both Shulk and Meta Knight sold out with a couple of hours? We must be getting a very small amount.

It makes me fear for Lucario and [especially] Rosalina, not to mention the latter which we'll have to find in-stores. Buying these things shouldn't be like this. If they were getting second/third/etc. shipments, I wouldn't be concerned as I am, but considering the way Nintendo has seemingly handled these in the past [with Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer], this might be the only shipment we get. :/

The only ones that have required extra work in the pre-order phase are the retailer exclusives. And I really can't stress enough (I've said it multiple times in this thread) that if there are certain ones you KNOW you want, there are sites out there where you can preorder. I've had Rosalina pre-ordered from Nippon Yasan for a couple weeks now. It ends up costing about an extra $10, but it saves me the worry. plus, if I find one here prior to that, I'll just cancel. Same with Shulk, I've had one preordered from US Gamestop for well over a week, but now that I got one from EB Games I can cancel it.

I think the only one that me, a Canadian, hasn't been able to confirm yet is Lucario. And i expect him to go up for preorder on Toysrus.ca soon enough.

Roto13

Wow, Shulk is sold out already? I was thinking of ordering a second one for a friend. Too late now, I guess.

I was thinking this one might actually play psone classics since it's the PS Anniversary edition. Guess not. I think people are more going crazy over the word "limited" than for the console itself.

They're certainly not excited because it looks good.

chrono01

The only ones that have required extra work in the pre-order phase are the retailer exclusives. And I really can't stress enough (I've said it multiple times in this thread) that if there are certain ones you KNOW you want, there are sites out there where you can preorder. I've had Rosalina pre-ordered from Nippon Yasan for a couple weeks now. It ends up costing about an extra $10, but it saves me the worry. plus, if I find one here prior to that, I'll just cancel. Same with Shulk, I've had one preordered from US Gamestop for well over a week, but now that I got one from EB Games I can cancel it.

I think the only one that me, a Canadian, hasn't been able to confirm yet is Lucario. And i expect him to go up for preorder on Toysrus.ca soon enough.
If I need to import Rosalina/Lucario I will, I'm not too worried about those.

I was mostly worried about Shulk, despite having one pre-ordered from Gamestop.com. I really don't want to pay the insane shipping fee, in addition to the brokerage charges, that accompany Gamestop.com, which is why I was really hoping to get one from EBGames.ca. Because of this, Shulk is likely to cost me around $60 [maybe more] and none of the import sites are carrying him. :(

If I need to import Rosalina/Lucario I will, I'm not too worried about those.

I was mostly worried about Shulk, despite having one pre-ordered from Gamestop.com. I really don't want to pay the insane shipping fee, in addition to the brokerage charges, that accompany Gamestop.com, which is why I was really hoping to get one from EBGames.ca. Because of this, Shulk is likely to cost me around $60 [maybe more] and none of the import sites are carrying him. :(

I'll be blown away if Shulk doesn't go up at EBgames.ca at least one or two more times. No possible way they just expended their whole inventory.

Top Bottom