• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

As dirty as I feel for having to go into an EB Games, I've pre-ordered a Shulk amiibo. I don't normally do pre-orders, but I'd better not take any chances with something limited to somewhere as shady as EB Games.

It's the only amiibo I plan to buy. :p I just want to have it, not resell it.

You were able to preorder it? I went to my local EB and they told me they don't take preorders for amiibos, it's first come, first serve. :/

chrono01

Ugh. I'll see if I can pop into an EB then by the end of this week. I wish Nintendo didn't underestimate demand nearly all the time.
If I see it become available on EBGames.ca again, I'll let you know. I'm refreshing every so often, so here's hoping we get lucky.

explodet

I was at TRU this morning, just the usual non-rare Wave 1s and Zelda.
FutureShop did decide to ship my preordered Little Mac though, which is nice. They may finally have enough to cover preorders.

Seik

Banned
I went to a Toys R Us to get a Luigi amiibo and they told me they were getting their shipments for Thursday, if this can help anyone...Quebec here.

Also, bought Samus instead. :p

Sealtest

You were able to preorder it? I went to my local EB and they told me they don't take preorders for amiibos, it's first come, first serve. :/

I walked into the Windsor store and pre-ordered without any problems.. I even called ahead of time to make sure that I could

isny

napkin dispenser
I knew I should have preordered from EB this morn, had two in my cart and everything, ah well.

Ike, Pit and Captain Falcon have all been removed for preorder from Amazon.ca

edit: Just ordered Meta Knight from FS. Just search Amiibo and you'll find him!

They're certainly not excited because it looks good.

Engravings are pretty neat and the controller is bad ass. However, I understand people who dislike the grey.

EOGgXfq.jpg

i-Jest

I'm trying to pre-order Shulk from EBGames.ca, but it won't get past the first page of checkout. Is he sold out already? The website still says he's available...

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...ames-exclusive

Just updated, and sold out.

I give up. I have to say, this Amiibo situation is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to sit and refresh a page every few hours to get a specific Amiibo. Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight were all available in the US for a long period of time. I'm not sure of the time-frame, but I'd say at least a couple of weeks. In Canada though, both Shulk and Meta Knight sold out with a couple of hours? We must be getting a very small amount.

It makes me fear for Lucario and [especially] Rosalina, not to mention the latter which we'll have to find in-stores. Buying these things shouldn't be like this. If they were getting second/third/etc. shipments, I wouldn't be concerned as I am, but considering the way Nintendo has seemingly handled these in the past [with Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer], this might be the only shipment we get. :/

It's been a wild ride thus far no doubt. I treat my Amiibo orders like E3 orders. I've made sure to preorder any Amiibo I'm even remotely interested in. I've avoided most of the head ache that way. Now that I have Shulk secured from EB games I can cancel my Game Stop order. I suspect EB Games will restock. They're an exclusive retailer for one of these things. There is to much money to be made to just stop with preorders. Post release it might take a week or 2 but they'll restock.

The only ones that have required extra work in the pre-order phase are the retailer exclusives. And I really can't stress enough (I've said it multiple times in this thread) that if there are certain ones you KNOW you want, there are sites out there where you can preorder. I've had Rosalina pre-ordered from Nippon Yasan for a couple weeks now. It ends up costing about an extra $10, but it saves me the worry. plus, if I find one here prior to that, I'll just cancel. Same with Shulk, I've had one preordered from US Gamestop for well over a week, but now that I got one from EB Games I can cancel it.

I think the only one that me, a Canadian, hasn't been able to confirm yet is Lucario. And i expect him to go up for preorder on Toysrus.ca soon enough.

I agree with this 100%

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Engravings are pretty neat and the controller is bad ass. However, I understand people who dislike the grey.
Look at this guy and his empathy.

CanadaGAF da best
unless you want to buy one of those

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I missed Shulk. :(
I had him in my cart on my phone at work but then my foreman came up and so I put my phone away to talk to him. I completely forgot to go back and check out. :(

Lizardus

If ebgames is plannin on doing the same thing gamestop is doing this will be a very small preorder number so they can re-sell them for a ton later

Well I called my local EB and they said they are taking in-store pre-orders. I won't be able to go until tomorrow. Hopefully they still take pre-orders tomorrow.

Well I called my local EB and they said they are taking in-store pre-orders. I won't be able to go until tomorrow. Hopefully they still take pre-orders tomorrow.

Good luck! With stuff like this I never trust EB to have enough to cover in-store pre-orders. After working there I realized they're way too slow to communicate allotment.

If the Google Plug-in sending an alert when a page changes will work on the Shulk page of Ebgames (it should), I will post as soon as it's available if I happen to be around. Not planning to do much in the next few days, drained from finals...

espher

I am so salty over the Shulk pre-order thing.

I've been checking the site like a hawk and of course it goes up and sells out while I'm in a meeting.

It could have gone up any other day/time this week and I would have been fine.

Lizardus

I am so salty over the Shulk pre-order thing.

I've been checking the site like a hawk and of course it goes up and sells out while I'm in a meeting.

It could have gone up any other day/time this week and I would have been fine.

Me too man, me too.

Exact thing happened to me.

Top Bottom