• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

isny

napkin dispenser
I could literally reach through the screen and kiss you right now!

Called the EB near my work and they had Pit and Falcon, even kinder was the fact the EB employee was kind enough to put them aside for me :) What a wonderful early Xmas present.

Thank you so much Lexxus

Called my local EB...they have one Pit left and it's first come first serve. Oh well, guess I'll wait and hope my Amazon order comes through.

GL to those hunting for one today.

isny

napkin dispenser
Is there a Shoppers in Toronto that people go to to find video games? I feel like every time I go into one, they pretty much just have clearance stuff

I know I've seen Zelda at every second SDM in Ottawa, not sure about Toronto though. Maybe call around?

I know I've seen Zelda at every second SDM in Ottawa, not sure about Toronto though. Maybe call around?

I find that a lot of Shoppers locations in Toronto don't carry video games. There are about three locations near me and none of them have new games in stock.

There are a couple of locations in the downtown core that do. Yonge and Bloor and Yonge and College.

Draysoth

EB Games at Eastgate Hamilton has all 3 - maybe not Falcon, I might have nabbed the last one. Also the Toys R Us near the QEW has 6 Diddy Kongs but no other new/rare ones.

I find that a lot of Shoppers locations in Toronto don't carry video games. There are about three locations near me and none of them have new games in stock.

There are a couple of locations in the downtown core that do. Yonge and Bloor and Yonge and College.

Yonge/Dundas and King/Peter have video games too. I think Yonge/Dundas even has consoles. I bought a copy of Lego City Undercover at Queen/Parliament once, but I don't know if their video game stock is reliable or not.

Anyone know where i can find Sunset Overdrive for low price? please no online stuff like Amazon i never shop on those, don't trust deliveries and all that crap with shipping fees.

Just want to get a physical copy of it.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone know where i can find Sunset Overdrive for low price? please no online stuff like Amazon i never shop on those, don't trust deliveries and all that crap with shipping fees.

Just want to get a physical copy of it.

You don't trust shopping online? You know it's almost 2015 right?

You don't trust shopping online? You know it's almost 2015 right?

I said that wrong sorry i do trust them but im confused with all the billing bullshit, all the fees related to transportation. Ive heard many people say they get charged lots by canada post for delivery, ive never bothered shoping online because of that. You order something but then you get surprise additional fees once your item gets there no?

I never use the mail, just in the RARE occasions that i need to send a stupid letter to some government crap. As for ordering things i have no clue how that works, i often ask people about how it is, and i ALWAYS get different answers, so i just said fuck it.

isny

napkin dispenser
I said that wrong sorry i do trust them but im confused with all the billing bullshit, all the fees related to transportation. Ive heard many people say they get charged lots by canada post for delivery, ive never bothered shoping online because of that. You order something but then you get surprise additional fees once your item gets there no?

If you order from the U.S. you do indeed typically get charged some sort of import or customs fees, yes. From Canada, you just either pay the shipping cost stated or get free shipping if the merchant offers it.

I told you last night. That's the best price available if you want it before Christmas.

And that was my error yesterday, i should have said that i wanted best price in a retail store, as i don't do the online jiz jaz that i just explained, i am very miss informed on how that works and every time i ask people to explain it i get 10 different answers, so i just said fuck it to online shopping.

And that was my error yesterday, i should have said that i wanted best price in a retail store, as i don't do the online jiz jaz that i just explained, i am very miss informed on how that works and every time i ask people to explain it i get 10 different answers, so i just said fuck it to online shopping.

I wrote you to price match it at a store, maybe you thought I meant price match online. BestBuy in the store will price match Amazon and give you 10% of the difference, bringing the game to about 47.33$ before taxes.

Edit: wow, amazon got their price up to 54.48$ since last night. Damn their prices change fast and by a lot sometimes. Some sellers are still selling it at 48$ with shipping, I can usually pricematch those but some employees will only price match Amazon itself.

I wrote you to price match it at a store. BestBuy in the store will price match Amazon and give you 10% of the difference.

Ahhhhhh ok thank you, didnt they say they would not price match amazon with the PS4 fiasco that happened? Where people made fake prices and putting the PS4 for 50$ and have it price matched?

I wrote you to price match it at a store, maybe you thought I meant price match online. BestBuy in the store will price match Amazon and give you 10% of the difference, bringing the game to about 47.33$ before taxes.

Edit: wow, amazon got their price up to 54.48$ since last night. Damn their prices change fast and by a lot sometimes. Some sellers are still selling it at 48$ with shipping, I can usually pricematch those but some employees will only price match Amazon itself.

Ya well the 1 day delivery sais it costs 10.89 or something like that, and its currently at 43$ from some BuyCanadian thing on amazon.ca so adding that up i might as well just get it in store. lol

Ya well the 1 day delivery sais it costs 10.89 or something like that, and its currently at 43$ from some BuyCanadian thing on amazon.ca so adding that up i might as well just get it in store. lol

I would try to price match BuyCanadian at BestBuy or Futureshop. With shipping it's 48$ so that the price they would match if they accept (+10% of the difference). If not they will price match Amazon at 54.48$ which was 48$ last night... =(

Still better than 64.99$.

I would try to price match BuyCanadian at BestBuy or Futureshop. With shipping it's 48$ so that the price they would match if they accept (+10% of the difference). If not they will price match Amazon at 54.48$ which was 48$ last night... =(

Still better than 64.99$.

Dyou think walmart would price match? as i am going there later today, would prevent me from going to the neighbouring city just for BB...

Roto13

Best Buy flyer says this:

3jqfbBC.png

But their website says this:

fftSxKr.png

$279.99 + $70 = $349.99, not $379.99.

I'm planning to buy this (online, because I'm not going to a store at 6 AM on Boxing Day) if it's $280. If it goes on sale for $310 instead, I wonder if I can get them to bump the price down if I call them....

Dyou think walmart would price match? as i am going there later today, would prevent me from going to the neighbouring city just for BB...

Good chance that they will but I won't tell you 100% yes! You have nothing to lose to try. Walmart is the place where people price match the craziest things but some won't consider Amazon a "local" store and they will say no. Totally depends on the employee you will get. Just be sweet and it should be all good!

Good chance that they will but I won't tell you 100% yes! You have nothing to lose to try. Walmart is the place where people price match the craziest things but some won't consider Amazon a "local" store and they will say no. Totally depends on the employee you will get. Just be sweet and it should be all good!

I'll try the cleavage trick on some little boy hahaha.

Tried three stores for Falcon and nothing. EB said they didn't have them but they were so busy that they probably just didn't want to check the boxes they had.

Seems Diddy Kong got a restock.

Zing

Banned
Tried three stores for Falcon and nothing. EB said they didn't have them but they were so busy that they probably just didn't want to check the boxes they had.

Seems Diddy Kong got a restock.
Yes. The stores are very busy so probably haven't checked the shipment. If a store says they don't have any, it's likely they actually do.

Yes. The stores are very busy so probably haven't checked the shipment. If a store says they don't have any, it's likely they actually do.

Yeah, it's such a frustrating time to go hunting for these things.

Hopefully I will just randomly find a Falcon at Wal Mart or something. I got lucky with Little Mac.

Harusame

At work at target right now. We just received our shipment from nintendo and after checking the shipping slips, we received a number of luigis, 1 box of Captain Falcons and only two pit amiibos...

Top Bottom