• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Jinto

Tried selling the Assassin's Creed Unity and Black Flag codes for the Xbox One with no takers, so I'm just gonna give them away here for free. I'm giving them away individually, so just ask for the one you want. Must have a minimum of 10 posts in this thread or 20 posts in the old one to qualify.

Edit: Gone.

Hmm... Might get the xboxone controller with the play and charge from ebgames..... Does anyone have experience with shoppoing online at ebgames.ca?

Dr.brain64

Tried selling the Assassin's Creed Unity and Black Flag codes for the Xbox One with no takers, so I'm just gonna give them away here for free. I'm giving them away individually, so just ask for the one you want. Must have a minimum of 10 posts in this thread or 20 posts in the old one to qualify.

Sure i'm interested if free. Very kind of you! Oh wait I don't think I qualify... oh well.

Can I have unity?

Dazzler

very generous of you but I've got both for PS4, thanks, though!

I would like unity if still available

I'll take whichever you have left!

I don't need as I don't have an Xbox One, but I wanted to give you an e-high five for offering this.

freezeframe.gif

GtwoK

We've got some huge (60+) people family get-togethers tomorrow and Friday, and was really hoping to get some of the new Smash Bro going on (it's tradition)! But I was stupid and didn't buy Gamecube controller adapters when I saw them at the midnight launch. For controllers right now we've got The Gamepad, 1 Classic controller, and a 3DS with Smash Bros on it. Also a few Wiimotes, but nobody wants to use those, of course.

What do you think my chances are of buying maybe 2 classic controllers / pro controllers / whatever, using them for the 2 days, then trying to return them afterwards as unwanted Christmas gifts? Would the packaging allow us to get away with it? Is it a dirty thing to do?

I don't want to just buy them outright and keep 'em because they're expensive, and I'll only be using them once or twice a year. Once the GC adapter is restocked I'll be buying one of those, obviously. Thoughts?

EDIT: If it's ill-advised, obviously I won't be doing it. Just figured since they would still be in perfect condition (we aren't children, so we aren't rough with them or anything, and I could easily remove any finger prints left on them) and still in the original packaging, zip-ties and all, maybe it wouldn't be a huge deal.

It looks like best buy is giving out 25 dollars off purchases of 100 dollars or more coupons to make amends for the order cancellations made during the dec 20 promotional error.
I had my gift certificate orders cancelled so its great that they are doing this.

isny

napkin dispenser
We've got some huge (60+) people family get-togethers tomorrow and Friday, and was really hoping to get some of the new Smash Bro going on (it's tradition)! But I was stupid and didn't buy Gamecube controller adapters when I saw them at the midnight launch. For controllers right now we've got The Gamepad, 1 Classic controller, and a 3DS with Smash Bros on it. Also a few Wiimotes, but nobody wants to use those, of course.

What do you think my chances are of buying maybe 2 classic controllers / pro controllers / whatever, using them for the 2 days, then trying to return them afterwards as unwanted Christmas gifts? Would the packaging allow us to get away with it? Is it a dirty thing to do?

I don't want to just buy them outright and keep 'em because they're expensive, and I'll only be using them once or twice a year. Once the GC adapter is restocked I'll be buying one of those, obviously. Thoughts?

It's skeevy but I've done it before for things I needed to "rent."

Tik-Tok

Buy the hori gamecube style controllers?

Lexxism

It looks like best buy is giving out 25 dollars off purchases of 100 dollars or more coupons to make amends for the order cancellations made during the dec 20 promotional error.
I had my gift certificate orders cancelled so its great that they are doing this.

Wow. Yeah, I also got the offer. Perfect to buy some games :D

isny

napkin dispenser
Amazon.ca's deals for boxing day are up... and no sale on playstation plus cards. :(

Those Boxing Week sales advertised on the site aren't their Boxing Day deals. More will come. However, a $40 Amazon.ca credit when you buy a Wii-U bundle is a great deal.

The Alien: Isolation Season Pass (PS4 and PS3) is currently on sale for $14.99 on the PlayStation Store. I was hoping the season pass would go on sale for the holidays, so I'm pleased.

EDIT: If it's ill-advised, obviously I won't be doing it. Just figured since they would still be in perfect condition (we aren't children, so we aren't rough with them or anything, and I could easily remove any finger prints left on them) and still in the original packaging, zip-ties and all, maybe it wouldn't be a huge deal.

How would you feel buying a controller that had been returned? Looks brand new but appears used? You take it back to the store because you paid for a new product, not a "gently-used" one. The store exchanges the product for you and has to eat the cost of the used product since they can't sell it as new anymore.

Use the Wiimotes.

Pro controllers might be $40 at Target and Wii U's are $260 right now (and $250 at Shoppers this weekend with bonus points).

UberTag

The Alien: Isolation Season Pass (PS4 and PS3) is currently on sale for $14.99 on the PlayStation Store. I was hoping the season pass would go on sale for the holidays, so I'm pleased.
Sony's getting lots of my money this week between this, BF4 Premium at $30, the Season 2 & 4 table packages for The Pinball Arcade, Switch Galaxy Ultra, Resident Evil Remake pre-order, DriveClub Redline and possibly one or two other things.

GtwoK

How would you feel buying a controller that had been returned? Looks brand new but appears used? You take it back to the store because you paid for a new product, not a "gently-used" one. The store exchanges the product for you and has to eat the cost of the used product since they can't sell it as new anymore.

Use the Wiimotes.

Pro controllers might be $40 at Target and Wii U's are $260 right now (and $250 at Shoppers this weekend with bonus points).

Nah, you're completely right. Might see if I can nab some Wii Classic Controllers before tomorrow (to keep, of course). Those should be fairly cheap used.

isny

napkin dispenser
Nah, you're completely right. Might see if I can nab some Wii Classic Controllers before tomorrow (to keep, of course). Those should be fairly cheap used.

Just buy the Hori ones for $25 each man. They're amazing quality and you'll get use out of them.

I have a question about Amazon Canada Prime and shipping. If I have Prime and pre-order a game that releases after my Prime expires, will it ship with the Prime shipping options, or the standard shipping options for non-Prime accounts?

isny

napkin dispenser
I have a question about Amazon Canada Prime and shipping. If I have Prime and pre-order a game that releases after my Prime expires, will it ship with the Prime shipping options, or the standard shipping options for non-Prime accounts?

Amazon.com used to let me still keep the prime shipping. This was years ago that it worked like that though, so YMMV.

I really need to get one of those

I keep seeing the PDP ones in stores and it makes me sad

I know, most stores are sold out of the Hori ones, but they're still around, much more so than Marth and Villager Amiibos, lol

i-Jest

Anyone see a wii classic controller pro at Shoppers or anywhere in Toronto? I'm looking for one. I'd prefer to buy it new if I can. Even Canadian websites are an option at this point. Just as long as the pricing isn't overkill.

Lexxism

Try contacting their CS through chat. They will be able to help you more than us.

GtwoK

Just buy the Hori ones for $25 each man. They're amazing quality and you'll get use out of them.

eeeehhhhhhh.... I don't doubt the quality. But I can't justify spending $50 for 2 controllers which would only be used for smash bros and only twice a year, max. Especially since I'll be getting the GC adapter eventually, negating the Hori controller's use.

Anyone know where I could get 2 classic controllers or classic controller pros by the end of tomorrow? Highly doubt BB or FS. EB might have some used maybe? Kijiji yields nothing, surprisingly.

Amazon.com used to let me still keep the prime shipping. This was years ago that it worked like that though, so YMMV.

Try contacting their CS through chat. They will be able to help you more than us.

Thanks.

I contacted CS, and if anyone else happened to be wondering the same thing: If you order an item with Prime you will receive it with Prime shipping, even if your membership expires before the order is shipped.

isny

napkin dispenser
Guys, seems like a good deal... Should I get it?!

I feel it's going to end up like overpriced SNES games in the late nineties. Zellers used to price some of them so high no one in their right mind would buy certain titles, so they literally had them sitting in their games cabinet for 10+ years without ever selling a copy for the outrageous pricing combined with the mediocreness of the game.

Sealtest

Windsor east side had 3 pits, 3 captain falcons and 10 luigi's, Myself and 2 friends bought out the pits sorry :(

Left 2 falcons so hopefully a gaffer finds them

I feel it's going to end up like overpriced SNES games in the late nineties. Zellers used to price some of them so high no one in their right mind would buy certain titles, so they literally had them sitting in their games cabinet for 10+ years without ever selling a copy for the outrageous pricing combined with the mediocreness of the game.

A computer store near here had a copy of Doom 64 listed for well over 100 dollars for years and years lol

krae_man

My Walmart has $80 Other M too.

It also has $45 Smart As for the Vita.

There was a copy of Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES at my Zellers on the Peg for $99.99 until well after the N64 came out.

Gotta love Department managers who refuse to markdown inventory and leave it on the shelf to delay taking the loss.

My Walmart has $80 Other M too.

It also has $45 Smart As for the Vita.

There was a copy of Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES at my Zellers on the Peg for $99.99 until well after the N64 came out.

Gotta love Department managers who refuse to markdown inventory and leave it on the shelf to delay taking the loss.
I think it's more corporate than Department Managers. All Walmart stores I've been to in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Kitchener, Waterloo and Ottawa have that price tag for Other M.

Roto13

There was a small rental place in my hometown that sold a few games here and there and they had a Genesis Game Genie marked at full price for like 10 years after the Genesis died out. I told the owner I'd give him $10 for it or something and he said he'd rather throw it away than take a loss on it. Such spite.

there's always the refurb ones from Nintendo or leftover Skylanders bundles...

not like any deal is going to be cheaper than those anyway

I was looking into the refurb but their out of stock on Nintendo's site :(

I don't wanna bother with the Skylanders bundle, don't want an 8gb and I hate having shit in my house I have 0 intention of using (skylanders) and I don't ever trade or sell things.

Anyone see any Pokemon merchandise deals? I mean, I'm locked for Freedom Wars/Sly Collection($40 combined is fantastic for these), but I'm still looking for some Pokemon stuff.

Anth0ny

Guys, seems like a good deal... Should I get it?!

zsaSjG0.jpg

lol

Also I'm PISSED Cineplex is only doing 15% off all blu rays this year. I went fucking insane with their 50% off sale last year. I also didn't buy a single blu ray all year in anticipation of their boxing day sale ; _ ;

There was a small rental place in my hometown that sold a few games here and there and they had a Genesis Game Genie marked at full price for like 10 years after the Genesis died out. I told the owner I'd give him $10 for it or something and he said he'd rather throw it away than take a loss on it. Such spite.

Conversely, at Willow Video Games (love that place, too bad it closed) I was there looking for a Game Boy link cable since Pokemon Red/Blue had just come out. I thought I saw one in a box with other cables and stuff and asked the CSR to take a look at it.

CSR: "Here. If you can catch it it's yours."

Made my day.

Top Bottom