• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Saw you included Sunset Overdrive for 44$ on your tonights deal, on the 26 at Walmart Canada they have it listed for 24.99$ and many other games, check your walmart flyers.

Rbk_3

Man I bought the Playstation Gold Headset a few weeks ago and was really hoping someone would have it onside for Boxing Week so I could price match, but I guess not.

khaaan

Tonight's Boxing Day round-up incl EB Games, Superstore, some Amazon.ca & more

http://gamedealscanada.com/deals

Enjoy!

U da best.

I thought I was going to make it through the rest of the year without buying anything but it looks like I'll be picking up a few things.

Definitely:
-Tomb Raider 2013
-Evil Within
-Ground Zeroes

Maybe:
-PSTV, I only have one 64 gig card and my only option would be to juggle between the two devices. I also much prefer playing Vita games on the Vita itself.
-Refurbed DS Lite, the shoulder buttons of my old DSLite are busted. I usually just play on my 3DS but for $30 I might take the plunge. I'm just weary since I hear a lot of horror stories about used consoles from EB/Gamestop)
-Refurbed Xbox360, again weary about EB/Gamestops reputation. I'll probably pass since 360's have gone on sale quite a bit recently and I can't afford to free up an extra HDMI slot at the moment.

oneran

My Walmart has $80 Other M too.

It also has $45 Smart As for the Vita.

There was a copy of Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES at my Zellers on the Peg for $99.99 until well after the N64 came out.

Gotta love Department managers who refuse to markdown inventory and leave it on the shelf to delay taking the loss.

Hey I just dropped $40 on a brand new copy of Kirby's dream collection so sometimes that stubbornness pays off.

No_Style

Saw you included Sunset Overdrive for 44$ on your tonights deal, on the 26 at Walmart Canada they have it listed for 24.99$ and many other games, check your walmart flyers.

Yeah. I included it in last night's Walmart update.

I didn't want to only include the $24.96 option just in case Walmart runs out of stock and others would like other options.

Yeah. I included it in last night's Walmart update.

I didn't want to only include the $24.96 option just in case Walmart runs out of stock and others would like other options.

I was at my walmart today getting something else, and went by the game section they are restocking that stuff like mad, I saw 30 copies of Sunset Overdrive alone.
I got mine today at Microplay for 44$ since i REALLY wanted to have it under the christmas tree for my son and i sure as hell don't want to be there on the 26th. That pain is not worth 24$ haha, im to old for that crazyness. So 44 is good enought for me and i'm a happy gal.

khaaan

My local Walmart has stacks of OtherM and Sin & Punishment for $60+ and I always roll my eyes a little whenever I walk by. A few years ago I did see Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for something like $60 or $70 though, had no problem jumping on that.

The Wii U deals are really lacking this year. I thought for sure we were going to get Wonderful 101 for super cheap or something. Last year Wind Waker HD went for 29.99 and Wii Party U was the same. This year we get, what, Hyrule Warriors for ten bucks off and Wind Waker for $10 more than last year's boxing day price? I would have bitten for Hyrule Warriors if it had been $40 or so, but for $54? No Sale!

krae_man

Holy crap, I didn't have to wait an hour to talk to Walmart customer support. They finally staffed their call center properly!

Finally got a refund for my final game that got stolen and now it's being shipped to my work address.

I'm going to get this damn $22 copy of Evil Within if it kills me.

The Wii U deals are really lacking this year. I thought for sure we were going to get Wonderful 101 for super cheap or something. Last year Wind Waker HD went for 29.99 and Wii Party U was the same. This year we get, what, Hyrule Warriors for ten bucks off and Wind Waker for $10 more than last year's boxing day price? I would have bitten for Hyrule Warriors if it had been $40 or so, but for $54? No Sale!

They aren't as desperate to unload Wii U stock this year since people actually bought the console and now need games

Jsheldon

Appreciate the deals summary!!!! Was hoping for no tax and the gt4/TLOU PS4 bundle at superstore with no tax....might grab this anyways.

XBone owners can get a better deal on digital DA:I via xboxlive today only. Just grabbed The deluxe version for $51.99 CDN.

Drive club worth it at 40?

The game started out as a huge disappointed but it's strangely grown on me to the point that I think it's going to end up on my game of the year list.

It's a fun, straightforward, racer. The social component is a neat idea but I still feel disconnected from club. Getting into online races has been fairly quick now.

Also, the weather update has the game looking godly.

I don't regret my digital purchase at launch.

DJ_Lae

Drive club worth it at 40?

I bit at $40 and would say yes with reservations.

The handling is very grippy...I've been alternating between Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2 and Driveclub in the past few days and I keep getting thrown off with how late Driveclub wants you to brake before corners.

It's absolutely gorgeous, though. I also like that it has some BC courses.

Roto13

The Source's deals are live (via No_Style/GameDealsCanada) and they have the tablet I wanted from Best Buy so I went ahead and ordered it rather than risk Best Buy getting the price wrong/giving Best Buy more of my business after they fucked up my Theatrhythm order.

Uh, how is The Source anyway? Haven't shopped there since they were Radio Shack. Are they likely to screw up? :p

Here's the game stuff. Sunset Overdrive for $45. I think someone was asking about that?

i-Jest

Guys, seems like a good deal... Should I get it?!

zsaSjG0.jpg

Is that Wal-Mart and what province/city?

isny

napkin dispenser
The Source's deals are live (via No_Style/GameDealsCanada) and they have the tablet I wanted from Best Buy so I went ahead and ordered it rather than risk Best Buy getting the price wrong/giving Best Buy more of my business after they fucked up my Theatrhythm order.

Uh, how is The Source anyway? Haven't shopped there since they were Radio Shack. Are they likely to screw up? :p

Here's the game stuff. Sunset Overdrive for $45. I think someone was asking about that?

Don't buy the Wii-U bundle from them, Amazon.ca has it for $299 plus a $40 GC.

Just a PSA.

Roto13

Ok, I would have bet money that I bought PS+ on Boxing Day last year so it would be expiring soon, but I just checked and I have nearly 2 months left. I guess I was already partially through a 3 month subscription when I bought the year and just forgot about it.

Well, good, one less thing to spend money on right now. Good news for you guys, too, since now that I don't need it, it will definitely go on sale!

terrible

Banned
I'm just glad I bought two years @ $30 last year, though I wish I bought at least four years now. I thought it'd go on sale every year at that price so I didn't bother but I guess I was wrong.

Yeah, this year's deals are pretty mediocre.

I'm thinking about buying Alien: Isolation, playing it, then selling it on Kijiji for $40 used. However, I've heard it drags on a lot.

Sora_N

I ordered some textbooks for my gf, signed up for 2 day shipping trial (Amazon Prime), she got them in 2 days. Wow. I don't think I'd ever pay the membership though.

MarkusRJR

Isn't Sunset Overdrive $25 at Walmart or something (might be confused with Target or EB)?

Anteros

Neo Member
I didn't think the Walmart Boxing day sales were supposed to start until Noon EST but it looks like it's live now.

I was just able to check out with Sunset Overdrive for 25 and Shadows of Mordor PS4 for 40.

If you want some of the Walmart deals, it looks like now's the time!

Top Bottom