• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

oneran

Are there any sales on Brother laser printers? I'm looking for the cheapest one I can find under $100.

I know tigerdirect had a few monochromes new and refurbed for under $100 but if your looking for colour your may have to settle for another brand.

Krixeus

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare received a $20 discount across a lot of retailers which doesn't usually happen. In the past, it was always a $10 discount down from $59.99 to $49.99.

Assassin's Creed: Unity received are $30 discount. I used to wait until this time to pick up an AC game because 3 years ago a $30 discount meant it was going from $59.99 to $29.99.

And last year's Call of Duty: Ghost can be picked up for $10. It's worth noting that this never happened before. You couldn't find a Call of Duty title for less than $30 before Ghosts. I believe that speaks to the quality of the game though.

The new $69.99 MSRP is skewing things. We're receiving sizeable discounts but the $10 increase from earlier this softened the discounts.

That's a good point. The price change on all new games have really softened the discounts even if they are the same as in previous years. I didn't really think about that when I made that original post because while the new prices are still relatively new, I've already gotten used to them which I think is a bit unfortunate.

whitehawk

Banned
So it seems Shoppers Drug Mart has Wii Us for $250 tomorrow, I think I'm gonna grab one. Which places stock a lot of electronics though? I think some of them barely carry consoles anymore.

Toronto here.

zroid

Banned
Nothing really I want tomorrow. But I'll go due to tradition. Maybe buy some cheap blurays but that's about it.
yeah I kind of want Django. but I won't be able to even go to a Best Buy until evening so I guess if it's still available at that point I'll grab it

Ledhead

Hey all, looking at some flyers for any deals on the Vita but haven't found any. Does anyone know of any discounts on the Vita/vita games?

krae_man

I'll also buy a Google play card and get some discount Canadough I mean donuts.

Maybe I'll see something I like. Wish there was a deal on a Nexus 5 without needing a contract from a carrier.

khaaan

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, EB added a "Last Minute" page to their boxing day flyer deals.

COD:AW @ $50
D3 Reaper of Souls @ $45
Lightning Returns @ $15
Metro Redux @ $25
Castlevania LoS2 @ $35
Murdered Soul Suspect @ $15
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z @ $6

They also have some deals on Skylanders + Disney Infinity. There's also save 20% on all used interactive figures which includes Amiibos.

Is it fair to assume that Futureshop and Best Buy will have the same deals on Boxing day?

Cause there's stuff I want from both flyers but there's only a Best Buy close to me

Ondore

Merry Christmas, Canada-GAF!

And hey, good news - the US seems to be adopting the idea of insane deals on Boxing Day. We might get it back soon if Canadian retailers copy the Americans like they did with Black Friday!

suikodan

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, EB added a "Last Minute" page to their boxing day flyer deals.

They also have some deals on Skylanders + Disney Infinity. There's also save 20% on all used interactive figures which includes Amiibos.

Argh, I hoped that there would be something for the Skylanders game itself. No dice.

Here I am, sitting with 75$ worth of Trap Team figurines still wrapped. Nothing's lost though as I'll buy the game someday but I thought BD would be a repeat of the BF's sales.

Other than that, happy holidays to Canadian GAF. Wind is a bitch here in Quebec so be safe on the roads if your car can't handle wind well (mine doesn't...)

BTails

LR for 15

someone talk me out of it. Tell me it'll be 10 someday.

If it helps, I bought it for $20 on Black Friday. Still finishing FF13-2.

After buying a couple of games off amazon.ca, the only thing I'm after tomorrow are retro pickups: two local used games shops are doing 25% off, I'll probably grab a couple things.

Oh, and some new work shirts at The Bay.

LR for 15

someone talk me out of it. Tell me it'll be 10 someday.

uCTfew2.gif

It's in pain, don't support it.

Top Bottom