• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

gabbo

So is it even worth looking for any WiiU deals today? it's the only thing I'm interested in picking up at th moment, and there don't seem to be any deals I can find locally or otherwise.

whitehawk

Banned
So is it even worth looking for any WiiU deals today? it's the only thing I'm interested in picking up at th moment, and there don't seem to be any deals I can find locally or otherwise.

I've got a really good deal for a Wii U. If you can find one at shoppers day. I just grabbed one for $249.99 + 20x optimum points which adds up to about $85.

Use this coupon: http://images.email.shoppersoptimum.ca/templates/2014/12_Dec/Dec24/images/se.pdf

Thing is SDM isn't very good with stocking video games systems. First place I went to didn't have any, and had to call 3 places until I found one that had 2 in stock. Both are gone though, saw someone else grab one.

Got an Xbox One with Halo MCC and got Sunset Overdrive from Amazon. Probably gonna get KI and D4 as well. Just gonna play the long game with FH2 and Drive Club.

I'm at the Eaton Center right now and so far regular week day nights seem busier than how it is right now. I decided to go with my parents and so far I just bought the XBOne for myself and my parents are having trouble finding anything worth getting.

Probably gonna head to BB and FS next. Then CC and NCIX at Yonge & Eglinton before going home

Terrible sales all around, as expected. They get worse every year. Superstore has Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf on sale for $17.47 each, but their electronic section is extremely small and poorly stocked.

I'm at the Eaton Center right now and so far regular week day nights seem busier than how it is right now. I decided to go with my parents and so far I just bought the XBOne for myself and my parents are having trouble finding anything worth getting.

Not gonna lie, even with the awful deals this year, I did not expect it to thin out so much at the Eaton Centre. For reference, here's a photo from Boxing Day 2010 in the afternoon. Maybe it'll pick up as people awake from their Christmas Day stupor.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Not gaming related but adidas.ca and thebay.com have some pretty good sales assuming you can find something in your size.

I spent $200 at adidas for a new jacket and shoes + $300 at thebay for clothing.

When your nerdy side is disappointed by the video game sales, treat your stylish side with new apparel instead :D

In a massive Best Buy line to buy one $5 bluray.

I still can't believe the skids of refurb xbones.

Stockyards Future Shop didn't even have any lines. Just a lot of people looking around.

I walked right up to the counter.

They did have a couple of Theatrythm Curtain Call in stock for $24.99 FYI.

ohlawd

got home from Best Buy and Future Shop about 30 mins ago. BB had lineups for everything but FS had none except for a bunch of people waiting on laptops.

pickups are Metro Redux and two blu-rays; The Departed (my fave movie of all time >_>) and Horrible Bosses (I heard it was good >_>)

gonna head out again to get some Pokemon cards <_< that shit ain't even on sale

i-Jest

Guys....

I was out getting a second GC controller when I saw Pikmin 3 at my local Wal-Mart. It wasn't on sale (big surprise) but I'm seriously considering buying it at full price. Pikimin 3 looks fun but I have mixed feelings about buying it at full price. It's my understanding that physical copies are drying up now. I'd prefer to have my games in the physical when possible. Canuck GAF, guide me.

Sajjaja

got home from Best Buy and Future Shop about 30 mins ago. BB had lineups for everything but FS had none except for a bunch of people waiting on laptops.

pickups are Metro Redux and two blu-rays; The Departed (my fave movie of all time >_>) and Horrible Bosses (I heard it was good >_>)

gonna head out again to get some Pokemon cards <_< that shit ain't even on sale
That's a pretty terrible movie to be favourite of all time
Get it.

I got in a while ago, but I'm just posting now. I got to BB with a few friends at 6:30AM. There were no real lines for anything. People were walking around...

...just not with any items in hand. I ended up buying a printer for my parents as they asked me to look for one for them yesterday. I bought a high speed memory card, and that was it.

Jumped over to the Future Shop by my parents place, and used my GC towards the receiver I wanted to buy. Scooped up the last one, and headed to the front. Paid, and I was out in less then 15 minutes.

I drove by my old EB Games (that I used to hit up) and they were not opened yet, but there was a line up. I figured Playstation TV wasn't worth it to me, enough to wait in the cold wit the rest of the people there.

Honestly with Amazon price matching a bunch of games and movies, there was no real need to hit up the big box store for me other then the receiver. And I think I could have bought it on another day to tell you the truth.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I've got a really good deal for a Wii U. If you can find one at shoppers day. I just grabbed one for $249.99 + 20x optimum points which adds up to about $85.

Use this coupon: http://images.email.shoppersoptimum.ca/templates/2014/12_Dec/Dec24/images/se.pdf

Thing is SDM isn't very good with stocking video games systems. First place I went to didn't have any, and had to call 3 places until I found one that had 2 in stock. Both are gone though, saw someone else grab one.
This is a really good deal. If you wait until a special redemption day to use the SDM points, you're basically getting the Wii U (with 3D World) for like $150.

Don't forget that Wal Mart price matches today. So if it is OOS just grab it at Wal Mart. Just did one trip to the Wal Mart 2 minutes rom my house and price matched from a bunch of places.

lfc11

Neo Member

There is one left in the Shoppers Drug Mart near Futureshop on West Broadway in Vancouver. My friend just bought the second last one.

Roto13

Will Canada Post still do deliveries this weekend or is that over because Christmas has come and gone?

I don't even know if my order is coming through Canada Post. :p The order information page doesn't say, or provide a tracking number or anything. (From The Source.)

Naite

Didn't find any deals I wanted besides some RAM from amazon. Unless there's a nice deal on WiiU Pro Controllers I think that's all I'm buying until I decide to import some Japanese games I've been holding out on.

Cactus

Banned
Damn, I was a few seconds too late for that Sennheiser deal. The headphones were auto-removed from my cart during checkout and now the lightning deal is apparently over.

Plus Walmart is super strict on this now. Tried returning something I bought there and I lost the receipt, and they wouldn't take it back until I said I bought it on credit card and so they searched for the receipt.

Yea, return fraud just makes stores more strict with returns/restocking fees.......don't be a fraudster

Stage On

So I picked up the Far Cry 4 with the season pass at Eb games today but I'm still not sure what to do about getting an actually system to play it on.

There's a bundle I'm looking at that comes with another copy of Far cry 4, but If I return the copy I got today to Eb games what happens to the season pass?

Top Bottom