• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

So I picked up the Far Cry 4 with the season pass at Eb games today but I'm still not sure what to do about getting an actually system to play it on.

There's a bundle I'm looking at that comes with another copy of Far cry 4, but If I return the copy I got today to Eb games what happens to the season pass?
I'm not sure.... They wouldn't like that though. DLC can't be returned, so they would absolutely assume you just scammed them for the season pass. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't return it.

balohna

Got Fucking Donkey Kong from TRU and Wolfenstein from BB. $45 and $35, respectively. I could have got both cheaper digitally over the past few months, but eh. Saves me hard drive space. DK in particular was going to fill my Wii U completely, and forcing me to buy an external nullified the savings.

Got Fucking Donkey Kong from TRU and Wolfenstein from BB. $45 and $35, respectively. I could have got both cheaper digitally over the past few months, but eh. Saves me hard drive space. DK in particular was going to fill my Wii U completely, and forcing me to buy an external nullified the savings.

1TB external for $59.99 on Amazon. An external HDD is almost necessary for the Wii U anyway.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00H4XH5FY/

Stage On

I'm not sure.... They wouldn't like that though. DLC can't be returned, so they would absolutely assume you just scammed them for the season pass. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't return it.

Crud why did I have to be such an idiot and buy a game without a system to play it on :(

I don't know what to do with a second copy of Far cry 4 that I don't need but that's the only bundle that seems remotely worth it to me at the moment at $450 before tax since it comes with GTA 5 and Last of us as well.

kasane

Amazon declined my card. I hurriedly change it now what i saw it just not sure if amazon will still give me the lightning deal price

ohlawd

I really do not need a TB. I wish Nintendo would just let me use an SD card or thumb drive. TF is 13 GB and I own it on a disc now, with no plans to buy other retail games digitally. So I'm good.

you can't use an SD card but nothing's stopping you from using a regular old usb stick. Nintendo just doesn't recommend doing so.

Found some deals I didn't see mentioned at EB Games

Drakengard 3 is $15 (apparently I got the last copy at EB Games at Y&E. I don't really believe that though)

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus LE is $39.99 (might come back for this later tomorrow)

There was a lot of stuff on sale that I didn't see advertised at EB Games. If you bring a bokuto and some willpower, you might be able to find something through the crowds. Also apparently the Far Cry 4 deal at EB Games DOES come with the season pass.

Gonna sleep over some stuff like FFX over the course of the weekend. No rush really. Might pick up FH2, but at the same time it might be better to wait it out on that and Drive Club until maybe Feb-March next year

I feel like I'm buying less and less every year now though. This mostly applies to Steam sales, but that's because I own almost everything I want.

Banned
I'm either buying a playstation TV or vita but what's stopping me is the lack of sales on a 32GB memory card.

Anyone know who price matches boxing day sales? My brother just came home with a WiiU from Target and paid 299.99 but it is 249.99 at Shoppers. He claims he called them after I told him about shoppers and they were sold out.

Banned
Anyone know who price matches boxing day sales? My brother just came home with a WiiU from Target and paid 299.99 but it is 249.99 at Shoppers. He claims he called them after I told him about shoppers and they were sold out.
Try best buy and futureshop. I'm not guaranteeing anything though.

DayEnder

I'm pretty sure Target Canada price matches, but I don't know if it applies to Boxing Day sales. Give Target a call and see if they'll match/refund $50.

Tapejara

I'm glad Amazon had the Luigi Wiimotes for $24.99, even if it ships in "2 to 5 weeks." Went to Target early this morning and they were sold out of everything except Princess Peach.

I wanted to grab Guilty Gear, Smash Bros, and a new Dualshock 4. Spent an hour to get into the parking lot for Futureshop, they didn't have any of those. Drove down the road to Best Buy, another 30 minutes, and they didn't have any either.

2 hours wasted and nothing to show. Can't even buy Guilty Gear digitally because PSN is down. Feels bad man :(

Roto13

People don't need good sales to crowd stores on Boxing Day and Black Friday. My husband works at a high end store that doesn't really have sales on these days but he says they still get huge mobs of people.

Forgive me Gaf, I should have trusted you. With Christmas Day money burning a hole in my pocket, I ignored this thread and steadfastly marched out in search of sweet boxing day deals. I hit Walmart, Target, Source, FutureShop, BestBuy, SDM, everywhere, and came back empty handed, not a single purchase was made. I could have just slept in and wasted my morning playing WoW. I just wanted a great price on Hyrule Warriors, was that so much to ask for? Yes. Yes it was.

isny

napkin dispenser
Forgive me Gaf, I should have trusted you. With Christmas Day money burning a hole in my pocket, I ignored this thread and steadfastly marched out in search of sweet boxing day deals. I hit Walmart, Target, Source, FutureShop, BestBuy, SDM, everywhere, and came back empty handed, not a single purchase was made. I could have just slept in and wasted my morning playing WoW. I just wanted a great price on Hyrule Warriors, was that so much to ask for? Yes. Yes it was.

Buy mine for $45 shipped!!!

I decided to go out this afternoon just for the heck of it. Nothing really piqued my interest anywhere, but it was interesting to compare as I was in the U.S. on Black Friday, and man, even in the afternoon the malls and parking lots were packed down south, versus here it seemed like a normal busy shopping day everywhere, nothing special, plenty of parking everywhere.

But yeah, I snagged Hunchback of Notre Dame on Blu for $9.47 at Walmart. Apparently Amazon.ca is matching the price, but good feal nonetheless. That brings my boxing day shopping total to two items, thank god considering I have negative money to burn, lol

Buy anything at Target this week to get a receipt coupon for 10% off any January purchase/single transaction from Jan 2th-Jan 11th. Add the redcard for another 5% off

People don't need good sales to crowd stores on Boxing Day and Black Friday. My husband works at a high end store that doesn't really have sales on these days but he says they still get huge mobs of people.
Lots of people don't ever go out for specific things/deals, then just feel the urge to shop because it's a "special" day.

No_Style

A lot of people still don't do research before they go out, they just assume they'll find deals, not everyone checks RFD or the flyers that come with newspapers

OR -- this may be crazy to some of you -- but there are actually deals. For those who are used to paying $70. Finding Mordor for $35, Smash for $45 or a retail copy of DA: Inquisition for $50 are actually savings. Whether or not those are worth waiting in line for instead of buying online though? That's a head scratcher for me.

Buy mine for $45 shipped!!!

Surprised that folks still haven't taken you up on this.

OR -- this may be crazy to some of you -- but there are actually deals. For those who are used to paying $70. Finding Mordor for $35, Smash for $45 or a retail copy of DA: Inquisition for $50 are actually savings. Whether or not those are worth waiting in line for instead of buying online though? That's a head scratcher for me.

Surprised that folks haven't taken you up on this.

I wasn't just referring to EB (especially since I did go to one when they opened this morning) but to the stores that really have no Boxing Day sale

Jsheldon

So I had decided to pass on using PC points towards a PS4 due to not being interested in the nhl bundle, and the TLOU bundle was better on Black Friday (plus no taxes). I walked in to RCSS today with my wife it grocery shop and sure enough they had one sealed GTA5 plus TLOU bundle (plus $50 GC). That's a bundle I'd buy! And I still walked away empty handed. Currently playing witcher 2 and with DA:I downloaded on the XBONE from the Christmas week live sale I fiure I'll honestly be busy with games until April :/. PS4 waits till Spring...or bloodbourne....and will hopefully be $399 or less (all I need is a no tax weekend at RCSS and the wait will be justified).

Despite my personal delays, Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and found some great deals today!!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My PC monitor is dying... Any decent deal on one? Doesn't need to be big or fancy.

koopas

Heres a question: if i got two xbox live codes for xmas a 3m and a 12m, if i redeem both codes do i have 15months? or does it do anything funny?

Bunch of kids got gift cards or new consoles on Christmas. They'll go to EB.

Got a shiny new PS4? Take your PS3 games to EB and trade 10 games plus $30 for Call of Duty!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Price range? I'm constantly staring at this monitor myself:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007HSKSMI/

Hmmm... Price range would be "as close to free as possible". I didn't plan to buy a new monitor at all, but it started blinking randomly last week... I don't need anything fancy as my PC is hooked to my HDTV to play games and watch movies.

The one you linked looks pretty good. I'll keep it in mind!

Roto13

I know right? It's like people ask for a deal on the game, and I hand them one so now they're not interested? lol

I'm sure someone will take it eventually. I'm patient.

For what it's worth, if I hadn't spent all of my money, I'd be all over Curtain Call from you. :p

isny

napkin dispenser
For what it's worth, if I hadn't spent all of my money, I'd be all over Curtain Call from you. :p

Yeah, this time of year people are pretty tapped out, I get it. I'm in no hurry, I priced everything more than reasonable, so it'll all go eventually :)

Top Bottom