• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

DJ_Lae

Shit, it's been so long since I logged onto the EB website I couldn't remember my password. Now it's sold out. :/

I couldn't even check out. It kept reloading the checkout page over and over. I know they changed their site a while back but I didn't realize it was downright broken.

Didn't work in either IE or Chrome.

ahdurian

I wonder if there's a Wii homebrew app that lets a Wii or Wii U in Wii mode detect and use the GC adapter

there's a third party adaptor i believe that works
or there's the third party controller that plugs into the wiimote. that one works with all games

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if there's a Wii homebrew app that lets a Wii or Wii U in Wii mode detect and use the GC adapter

You can use Nintendont to play GC games on WiiU with the adapter...

...That's the main reason why I want one, even more than to play Smash... ;__;

Orca

Got a call from the wife and I need to replace a Disney Infinity 1.0 base for the Wii U. I believe I can get a base from anything but the Xbox 360 or 3DS version and it'll be compatible. Is there somewhere in Canada that sells just the base though? Can't search most sites here at work.

Firestorm

I want to get in on this deal but both FS and BB are sold out, any ideas? It's an ipad mini 2 32gb for 349.99
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...000a363d74ae030e79ba5bcen02&SearchPageIndex=1
The white one is back in stock at Future Shop. Just ordered it: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/prod...spx?path=3f22f887d703c64365cf5f1cb8ad2728en02

Don't think $30 off is a particularly amazing deal but I have a $100 gift card and I'm tired of waiting for something better. It's not even cheaper to buy in the US after exchange at this price.

$350 + 6.5% sales tax in Seattle = $434 CAD
$350 + 0% sales tax in Portland = $407 CAD
$350 + 12% sales tax in BC = $394 CAD

DJ_Lae

Got a call from the wife and I need to replace a Disney Infinity 1.0 base for the Wii U. I believe I can get a base from anything but the Xbox 360 or 3DS version and it'll be compatible. Is there somewhere in Canada that sells just the base though? Can't search most sites here at work.

Short of contacting Disney themselves or finding a used one on Kijiji, probably not.

Your best bet is probably to just buy the 2.0 pack (it's $55 on Amazon right now, not sure who else has it). As long as you aren't crossing to the 360 version of the game the bases are identical with each other. That's only assuming you don't already own the second game, of course, but I'd imagine buying it from Disney would be in the $20 range, plus shipping.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty sure that the adapter is only used for Smash Bros, doesn't work for anything else ATM.

Well, there is a Windows driver so you can use it as a controller for some games on your PC (e.g. Dolphin) ^^.

there's a third party adaptor i believe that works
or there's the third party controller that plugs into the wiimote. that one works with all games

You can use Nintendont to play GC games on WiiU with the adapter...

...That's the main reason why I want one, even more than to play Smash... ;__;

That's true, but the Wii U was specified. Maybe it can be used via homebrew?
Hmmmm

SOL for now, I guess. The Wiimote just kinda sucks since there are so few buttons.

Gonna look into Nintendont, though. Must be a way...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna look into Nintendont, though. Must be a way...

Nintendont is only for gamecube games. If you want to play a Wii game with GC controls on WiiU, I believe the Wiimote-to-GC-controller adapter is your only option.

Why is there even a "live chat" button on the Source order info page if they can't access my order info?

I have yet to receive any kind of help from their live chat. Almost every time they've told me to contact a store for an answer to my question.

Edit: I have two invites for OnePlus One that expire in 3 days. If anyone here wants one or knows someone who does, let me know. Just make sure they're ready to commit to buying it.

I don't buy from EB much, but did trade 3 games worth $10 or more for Grand Theft Auto V. It's unopened still, and I'd rather maybe get it digitally instead.

Do you know if they'd allow a return for credit?

Reveirg

Amazon.ca Pit order still hasn't shipped... I got FREE super shipping and bundled it with Luigi, and now I'm worried my Pit amiibo wasn't secured because they waited on Luigi's to arrive.

I hate that Nintendo makes so little of those. I was also forced to order Ike and Shulk from EBGames.com and take the huge hit on shipping costs because they can't be pre-ordered anywhere in Canada.

Luigi87

So Pit figures are out now??

Yes, I got mine today. (first half of wave 2 I already had)
10151208_1525508571046968_4931319275093909451_n.jpg

Top Bottom