• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Just received my PS4 anniversary.

Now the thing is I mainly play Japanese games on console, for western/multiplat and such, I play them on PC. Looking at the current and upcoming games, not even sure if I want to keep this or not.

I'm thinking about selling this and will get a standard model when more games are released (and hopefully with price drop). Thought guys?

Banned

Now the thing is I mainly play Japanese games on console, for western/multiplat and such, I play them on PC. Looking at the current and upcoming games, not even sure if I want to keep this or not.

I'm thinking about selling this and will get a standard model when more games are released (and hopefully with price drop). Thought guys?
I will gladly take it off your hands. In terms of Japanese games this year I think FF Type-0, FFXV demo, Persona 5 and Bloodborne are the big ones I can think of.

mdubs

Banned
PS4 anniversary arrived! Guys I originally wanted this for myself but I'm being tempted by the money, what to do

Banned
PS4 anniversary arrived! Guys I originally wanted this for myself but I'm being tempted by the money, what to do
Sell it to me. I'm such a filthy whore for this thing but I can't afford one. But I have so much nostalgia for the PS1.

I have a feeling that many people knew deep down that they were never going to keep that thing once they would have it in hands.

nobodyshero, keeping yours?

I will gladly take it off your hands. In terms of Japanese games this year I think FF Type-0, FFXV demo, Persona 5 and Bloodborne are the big ones I can think of.

Type-0: already played PSP version
XV Demo: no thanks, I will wait for the full version
Persona 5: well no release date yet :(

Bloodborne looks great although I'm suspecting MH4 will release around the same time frame which I will definitely spend 99% of my gaming time on it for months...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
At a Shoppers drug mart thing? I never actually used that how does it work?

I shop there from time to time cause there's a Pharmaprix next to my work but I never got the card.

Basically you receive 10 points for every dollar spent. But you get 20x that on bonus days. There are various reward levels, but you want to hit either 50,000 for $85, or 95,000 for $170. There are redemption days as well where your points are worth more. lie 50k for 4100, 95k for $210. There are various other bonus days like spend $75 and receive 18,500 points. If you sign up for e-mails, you receive 'unique' coupons and point bonuses as well.

So, for instance, a Wii U at $299.99 will net you 60,000 points on a 20x day. Sometimes bonus points are not applied for 2-3 weeks, sometimes they are right away. So, you could spend 50,000 of those points at the $85 tier, or you could continue to save up, or wait for a (increasingly rare) redemption day.

It's a free program, but I don't chase points too much because of how expensive SDM is for many grocery items. I just collect points whenever I drop in, but with coupons like 800 points on milk and 20x points on chips, I slowly collect. I've redeemed toward a 3DS XL and a Pro Controller before.

Megasoum

Banned
Like I said earlier I'm seriously thinking about buying a WiiU and was wondering.... Are there any deals floating around sometimes for digital codes?

Like I prefer buying my games digitally when possible but I never really paid attention to promos for WiiU games before.

Any sightings of this little beauty for preorder in Canada? It must be mine

B6rSOu9IUAI9fM_.jpg

zroid

Banned
WHAT. Milk is the only thing I buy regularly at Shoppers, I didn't realize you could get 800 points for them! Does the coupon come around regularly? How do I get these magical coupons?

it's pretty random... everyone in my household has an Optimum account though, so usually between us there's at least one milk coupon a week haha.

I never really take advantage of the 20x events because I don't spent $50+ at Shoppers like ever, but over the last year I've accumulated about 100k points thanks to the weekly coupons. Planning to use the points on a New 3DS. :p

Got this one, and the signal started getting corrupted after a couple of months. Avoid it unless you want to take a chance and you're extremely short on cash.

I replaced it with that one, and it worked perfectly for 6 months now. I recommend it!

Thanks. Looks pretty good for the price but the reviews of blinding lights is discouraging me a bit haha.

I have a sinking feeling that Majora's Mask LE will be EB-exclusive.

Banned
Like I said earlier I'm seriously thinking about buying a WiiU and was wondering.... Are there any deals floating around sometimes for digital codes?

Like I prefer buying my games digitally when possible but I never really paid attention to promos for WiiU games before.
Nintendo almost never has difital sales on Wii U and 3DS games. They do it occasionally for VC games.

The smash bros character sale was one of a kind and its the only sale I've seen since owning a Wii U/3DS since launch.

I'm digital only on both.

Megasoum

Banned
Nintendo almost never has difital sales on Wii U and 3DS games. They do it occasionally for VC games.

The smash bros character sale was one of a kind and its the only sale I've seen since owning a Wii U/3DS since launch.

Bleh that sucks

i-Jest

Maybe Nintendo feels the install base isn't big enough to justify more frequent sales. It does suck though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
WHAT. Milk is the only thing I buy regularly at Shoppers, I didn't realize you could get 800 points for them! Does the coupon come around regularly? How do I get these magical coupons?

As zroid said, it's random although the milk one seems common. Make sure your optimum card is registered online and you're opted in for e-mails. You'll see a lot of coupons and bonuses for stuff you've bought before, as they are tailored toward you. And you'll receive 'exclusive' 20x / $75 for 18,500 stuff too.

Luigi87

Got my copy of Chrono Trigger DS from VGP's boxing week sale.

Also I must have that Majora's Mask LE... The Skull Kid figure will go well with my F4F Skull Kid statue.

Luigi87

I'm sorry

I'm still waiting for my two games :(

maybe I shouldn't have picked the cheapest shipping that had no tracking number >_>

That's the shipping option I used as well, though I'm only a few cities away.

Of course I feel relieved getting it, since this is the second time I bought from VGP. The first time my package did get lost in the mail.
... which actually worked to my favour, because after reading reviews of the game, I didn't want it anymore, but it had already shipped.

As zroid said, it's random although the milk one seems common. Make sure your optimum card is registered online and you're opted in for e-mails. You'll see a lot of coupons and bonuses for stuff you've bought before, as they are tailored toward you. And you'll receive 'exclusive' 20x / $75 for 18,500 stuff too.

Aw crap. I can't log into my Shoppers account because unlike 99% of the web, they've put their reset password stuff behind bullshit security questions I don't remember the answer to (because I don't answer them correctly, that seems like a really dumb idea when the questions are "what high school did you go to?" or "what's your dad's first name?"). So long, Optimum milk runs.

Sora_N

Sometimes those Shoppers coupons are more worth it than whatever we staff get.

I've seen someone get free shampoo since the coupon was for $3 off and the shampoo was $3, or 2000 points for 2 chocolates or whatever and she paid $2-3.

Apartment flooded and can't get regular internet in my temporary place. Are there any reasonable solutions for mobile internet? Or is it all insanely priced?

Sealtest

Well since majora's mask will be exclusive to Fry's,Gamestop and amazon in the US I expect this to be a full exclusive with ebgames again.

mdubs

Banned
I have a feeling that many people knew deep down that they were never going to keep that thing once they would have it in hands.

It makes me sad, because they look so so nice, the box is wonderful. The money is just too good at this point, but I really hope Sony does a wide release on these in the future (thought I doubt it)

Renewed

I really do appreciate the Optimum membership. My mother was keeping an eye on getting us a Wii U. I think a week before Black Friday there was a deal for $50 off a Super Mario 3D World Wii U Bundle. With Optimum, that brought the price dramatically down and so we went to town on it that day.

Heck I already had Bayonetta 2 since launch day because I wanted it to sell well and I knew I'd get a Wii U some day.

Edit: Also just now hearing about the Majora's Mask bundle. Gonna keep my eyes peeled on this one. I imagine when preorder time comes around it'll be at least EBGames and Amazon? Here's hoping.

Megasoum

Banned
Sweet, found a copy of Zelda Windwaker HD for 30$ (taxes included).

The box is pretty beat up though... I'm surprised I can't find any empty cases on ebay right now.

Edit: I guess I'll order a case from the Nintendo site and print the cover at work lol

Edit2: Or not... the order won't process for some reason on the Nintendo website...oh well.

i-Jest

I got Pit and Captain Falcon shipped from Best Buy Canada yesterday. Now I'm nine Amiibo's into this madness. No regrets.

Anyone else beginning to think Lucario preorders from TRU Canada will be available closer to release, maybe even late January?

Gravidee

Sweet, found a copy of Zelda Windwaker HD for 30$ (taxes included).

The box is pretty beat up though... I'm surprised I can't find any empty cases on ebay right now.

Edit: I guess I'll order a case from the Nintendo site and print the cover at work lol

Edit2: Or not... the order won't process for some reason on the Nintendo website...oh well.

Where in the word did you find it for that price? Lowest I've seen it was for 39.99.

Sealtest

toys r us canada will not be doing preorders as said by their twitter account.

Because of this and target i'll be getting rosalina and lucario from amazon.fr

Megasoum

Banned
Where in the word did you find it for that price? Lowest I've seen it was for 39.99.

Super shady pawnshop near my house lol.

The sticker said 30$ so I brought it to the counter and the guy just put in "30.00" in the debit machine..... Ooooook lol. I'm not gonna ask any questions haha.

EDIT: Wait wtf... I bought the 3D World bundle and the Futureshop website is saying that it includes Digital Copies of the games (3D World and Nintendoland) but I'm holding the retail game in my hands right now...

Top Bottom