• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

terrible

Banned
Speaking of Zelda the Zelda Box Set from Prima is on sale for under $65 at Amazon and Chapters/Indigo right now. I saw that on RFD earlier.

611uPP%2B1UlL.jpg

ovii

I've had good experiences with EBGames shipping. It has always arrived on release date, and I live in a little town outside of Calgary.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
The GC adapter is now on Nintendo's website.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...rod500101&categoryId=&_requestid=10070740

However, it says "Out of stock" when you add it to your cart.

It still let me checkout and I got an order confirmation... Is it shown as OOS because they're still adding it to the site? Did it sell out in seconds? Will my order act as a "preorder" and I'll get the adapter whenever they get it? Is it a glitch and I lost $30? Find out in the next episode!

It still let me checkout and I got an order confirmation... Is it shown as OOS because they're still adding it to the site? Did it sell out in seconds? Will my order act as a "preorder" and I'll get the adapter whenever they get it? Is it a glitch and I lost $30? Find out in the next episode!

It let me order and it doesn't charge me until it ships.

Might as well have an order in with Nintendo.

Edit: It's listed as "Order Processing"

They don't charge for shipping over $25. The $5 you see is just a reminder how much the shipping will cost if it is below $25.

I guess they charged me 5$ because I selected in-store pickup?

Anyway, his question is when do they charge and not if they charge for shipping. They took 5$ already on my CC when I pre-ordered Shulk.

Sealtest

Sorry I meant do they charge for preorders online before or after shipping.

^ Guessing from this post as long as i dont chose delivery to store they charge upon shipping.

How much is shipping?

Lexxism

I guess they charged me 5$ because I selected in-store pickup?

Anyway, his question is when do they charge and not if they charge for shipping. They took 5$ already on my CC when I pre-ordered Shulk.

I think it depends on the item but they do a $5 charge on some items you pre-order. I remember they didn't charge me when I pre-order their MH4 LE but their shulk amiibo had a pre-requisite $5 charge.

What the fuck?

Edit:

Wait, even if you can't cancel technically, couldn't you just return the game once your shipment comes in?

Yeah, for sure

This Majora thing is funny. I'd like one, but I won't lose my mind if I don't end up getting one like with the LE PS4. I'm already growing bored of the whole amiibo chase too. I can't be bothered to keep spending that much energy and time (and money) forever on figures that still haven't actually been used on anything.

Sora_N

Ugh, fucking gone now.

teeg

for the MM le all instore orders at gamestop had to be paid in full with no chance to canceliirc

I believe this is because the in store orders were being pre-ordered in a different way than normal at Gamestop. The employees were doing a Warehouse In Store order where they are effectively taking from the entire stock pool available in the warehouse and ordering it to their store. Basically the same system they would order from to re-stock their store.
I suspect this is because it wasn't available for regular pre-order in their systems since each store had not received their unit allocations yet. Since this isn't the normal pre-order it was required to be paid in full upfront. Likely a more seasoned employee did this once and then people spread the word and it got around.

It's possible EB could technically do this as well today, since they have reportedly been given their stock allocations today. I doubt they would, but stranger things have happened.

Either way tomorrow around noon is going to be interesting. Really hope that EB does not allow shipping to US for this item, giving us Canadians a little more of a chance.

Renewed

Hmm... I get off work at 3PM so I'd be at EB before 4 if the buses are good to me. Assuming it all goes down horribly and I can't get my preorder in there, I'm gonna have to get some backup stores to go to.

I'd offer to make a second preorder in case anyone isn't able to and send it their way once it arrives.

koopas

Hmm... I get off work at 3PM so I'd be at EB before 4 if the buses are good to me. Assuming it all goes down horribly and I can't get my preorder in there, I'm gonna have to get some backup stores to go to.

I'd offer to make a second preorder in case anyone isn't able to and send it their way once it arrives.
The question is, will they let you preorder two copies?

Hopefully I can get an EB Games pre-order on Zelda tomorrow. I would rather spend my gift card money than real money.

Sucks that Nintendo puts up a tiny bit of stock for the GC adapter and I am not available :/ It seems Nintendo knows what they are doing, though. These two products, and the amiibo, are creating a lot of 'news'.

F8AL

Hi all,

This is my 1st post in this thread because I mostly lurk GAF.

Anyways, does anyone here know how pre-ordering online at EB Games works? I am asking because I am thinking about pre-ordering the LE of MM3DS online tomorrow. I have only pre-ordered a few titles in the past and they have all been in-store so I am unaware of how it works in terms of online so my apologies if this is a silly question.

I am under the assumption that I am not required to pay the full amount at first and I can just put down $5 to pre-order? What if I change my mind before the game is out? Can I cancel my online pre-order and get my $5 deposit back? What if I end up keeping the pre-order? I assume they will tell me to pay the remaining $50 of the amount (online) before it ships?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Vamphuntr

Seems like ebgames.ca is about to discontinue the vita or at least get rid of most of their games. Their vita section is now under the other tab and half the games give error or returns you to their home page.

GC adapters, Amiibos & Majora's Mask hunts. Should we be praising Nintendo for generating all this buzz?

I don't think undershipping items is a good thing. Nintendo has always been notorious for doing this.

Top Bottom