• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

suikodan

Yeah, they do but not like before.
I literally found 5 shitty 19.99 games at Staples and traded those in for a new 3ds XL at Futureshop back when it first launched.

Same here, good times.

That's why I'm not feeling guilty of buying the N3DS full price. I know I could trade my existing 3DSXL for credit but instead, it will serve as the spare 3DS for my kids. My wife approved when I told her that her 3DS wouldn't have to be the one for the kids anymore.

Sealtest

Pre-orders for these will be opening up very soon (this week) and in very limited quantities so be prepared!

Red & Gold will be Online Only.

Just posted on best buy's website.

Guess I won't be buying a red one with my best buy rewards money.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Any deals on a 32GB MicroSD?

I have a 16GB--but I'd like a 32GB since that's what I have already on my 3DS XL.

Firestorm

I bought a 32GB MicroSD on Boxing Day for the New 3DS only to now find out it won't be released here. Wonderful. At least it came with an SD adapter.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This is crazy. I wish I knew about this earlier and didn't have to work today. I'd be all over that.

Sadly the one unit they had sold out in the 20 minutes it took me to get there. Lots of posters on RFD letting us know they bought multiple units. Guess releasing these for about $20 profit after taxes is really worth it for them.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
When does BB/FS update their site? Trying to snag a MM bundle preorder but I don't want to be in the middle of a meeting ._.

When does BB/FS update their site? Trying to snag a MM bundle preorder but I don't want to be in the middle of a meeting ._.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. With every retailer carrying it and a higher price point than the LE game, its availability will be decently high, like the ALBW XL: can be resold for a slight profit but if you look hard enough you can find one in store.

Sealtest

Anyone know a Canadian site or store I can buy hori XL screen protectors? I have a pair ordered on amazon but 3-6 week wait for them is way 2 long.

I have a $10-off $50 coupon from Shoppers. I assume this doesn't work on eShop or PSN cards does it? It says excludes electronic gift cards, but some define spacebucks and gift cards as separate things.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone know a Canadian site or store I can buy hori XL screen protectors? I have a pair ordered on amazon but 3-6 week wait for them is way 2 long.

Which city are you in? I know a few shops in Toronto (Game Centre specifically I know has them right now) carry Hori screen protectors.

I have a $10-off $50 coupon from Shoppers. I assume this doesn't work on eShop or PSN cards does it? It says excludes electronic gift cards, but some define spacebucks and gift cards as separate things.

They don't let you buy digital cards for bonus points during events. I imagine the $x off $x coupons won't work in that circumstance either. But if I'm wrong, let me know because it'd be worth it.

Dumb question, but does anyone think that I could get an LE XL in stores on launch day without preordering? I'm in that awkward position where the closest EBgames is an hour away and I really want that Mon Hun bundle. The other complication is that I need the funds from the trade in to buy it.

A bit of a side note:

I caved and ordered a one plus one and it shipped last night from Los Angeles. It arrived 1 hour ago in Toronto. Dang, DHL, that was fast.

of course, paying $62 in taxes on arrival sucked, but what can you do

curb

Banned
I know it's not gaming related but does anyone know a good place to order action figures here in Canada? I've been in the Marvel Legends thread and saw that there's a figure or two that are coming out soon that are now available for pre-order. I've never pre-ordered a toy before and buying it online ahead of time and just having it delivered seems more appealing that trying to track one down in a store when they come out. Any ideas?

Sora_N

I know it's not gaming related but does anyone know a good place to order action figures here in Canada? I've been in the Marvel Legends thread and saw that there's a figure or two that are coming out soon that are now available for pre-order. I've never pre-ordered a toy before and buying it online ahead of time and just having it delivered seems more appealing that trying to track one down in a store when they come out. Any ideas?

Yeah you'll never find it in Canada.

Easiest might be BBTS but I'm cheap so I rarely preordered MLs.

your local comic book store?

The problem is that I got my daughter hyped for the new 3DS faceplates last year and now I doubt we will ever get them. I can't believe that until yesterday, I thought the stupidest thing Nintendo could do was only offer us one colour of system. I never guessed they would be this stupid to offer neither colour of system. Absurd.
If it's any consolation, I was making the same promises to my daughters just before Christmas... Oh well, there aren't many of us who haven't under-estimated NOA's stupidity at some point by now....

So I preordered the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL at a local EB Games. I was the first pre-order as I arrived 10 minutes after the in store pre-orders went live. Sweet!

So no charger, but they are going to be doing a trade in deal.

Is there a way to back up all the data on my current 3DS XL so I can just trade it in before launch day?

So I preordered the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL at a local EB Games. I was the first pre-order as I arrived 10 minutes after the in store pre-orders went live. Sweet!

So no charger, but they are going to be doing a trade in deal.

Is there a way to back up all the data on my current 3DS XL so I can just trade it in before launch day?

I believe it's impossible to trade in prior to release. You need both to do at minimum a license transfer.

I believe it's impossible to trade in prior to release. You need both to do at minimum a license transfer.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled Offers/Index

Looks like the trade deals are live. $100 for my 3DS XL towards the New 3DS XL. Lasts until March 1st, so no rush to do it before the New XL comes out.

There is no way to transfer my data before to an SD card? I will have to do it in store? They already said at the store I preordered at that they would let me do it in store if needed.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Have the amiibo been up for pre-orders yes? I have a feeling Ness is going to be the part of the holy discontinued trinity. I want it ;.;

CRA5H

Just FYI, not sure if people should be calling it a "MM Bundle" as it doesn't come with the game only for the sake of confusion.

I suggest trying to preorder in store is possible but call ahead to save gas money!

chrono01

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled Offers/Index

Looks like the trade deals are live. $100 for my 3DS XL towards the New 3DS XL. Lasts until March 1st, so no rush to do it before the New XL comes out.

There is no way to transfer my data before to an SD card? I will have to do it in store? They already said at the store I preordered at that they would let me do it in store if needed.
Yes, you need to do the file transfer before anything, as that's what transfers your licenses and such.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ooooooo I forgot Robin! How could I. I'm sorry Lucina, no love for you.

I can't find links yet, guess they are not up :(

Don't wana miss up.
Since I have no idea if I'm going to get a Rosalina (eBay :( ) I really just need to preoder Lucina at as many retailers as possible.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Since I have no idea if I'm going to get a Rosalina (eBay :( ) I really just need to preoder Lucina at as many retailers as possible.

hahahaha seriously.

Me too I want my Rosalina & Lucario. But no pre-order links for either -_-

why u do dis to me Ninty.

I got my Meta Knight though thanks to CanadaGAF :D

Palehorse

I just preordered the MM 3DSXL in store at EB, the dude said that to transfer licenses they'll sell you the unit and give you two days to do the license transfer. When you come in with your old 3DS they'll reverse the sale of the new XL and do the trade in for $100.

So you have to bite the entire cost of the new XL for a couple days before getting the trade in price. Orrr, you can do the transfer right there, he was good with that too.

Top Bottom