• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you have the data plan for it, you could tether your 3DS to it in a pinch. If you have a lot of digital data though it'll take forever.

If you have the data plan for it, you could tether your 3DS to it in a pinch. If you have a lot of digital data though it'll take forever.

You can just do a license transfer that doesn't transfer any of the games (nnid, eshop balance, game licenses, and saves) . You can redownload the games once you get home.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just preordered the MM 3DSXL in store at EB, the dude said that to transfer licenses they'll sell you the unit and give you two days to do the license transfer. When you come in with your old 3DS they'll reverse the sale of the new XL and do the trade in for $100.

So you have to bite the entire cost of the new XL for a couple days before getting the trade in price. Orrr, you can do the transfer right there, he was good with that too.
It can take ages if you have a lot of games, so you might not want to do it in store.

hahahaha seriously.

Me too I want my Rosalina & Lucario. But no pre-order links for either -_-

why u do dis to me Ninty.

I got my Meta Knight though thanks to CanadaGAF :D
Just sell the damn things on your own store Nintendo!

a916

Diddy got restocked again on Amazon.ca, now on Toysrus.ca as well.

Were they in low quantity?

Also, I believe Fox was put back on stock... and then removed quickly. (it showed up as 2-4 weeks... but now it's not even up anymore from Amazon, that means they sold out right?)

Sora_N

Were they in low quantity?

Also, I believe Fox was put back on stock... and then removed quickly. (it showed up as 2-4 weeks... but now it's not even up anymore from Amazon, that means they sold out right?)

I have seen Diddy in stores once, the one I bought. Everything is rare in Canada.

Even though Luigi and Zelda are 'common', not every store has them anyways.

Reveirg

Wtf? Amazon just updated my shipping estimate for Majora's Mask and it's now February 24 - March 3.

Doesn't the game come out Feb 13? =\

They give insane delays if you choose Free super saver shipping.

They'll usually stall the shipment for a few days too, just to make sure you don't get it close to release, considering their free shipping only get 1-2 days to get to destination anyway.

I usually get on the customer service chat and ask them to speed things up on the release day, because it's kinda bad business practice to do that they do.

No delivery estimate for me at all. And no estimate for Majora's Mask LE game either, which I ordered on the 6th.

Yeah mine is the LE.

They'll usually stall the shipment for a few days too, just to make sure you don't get it close to release, considering their free shipping only get 1-2 days to get to destination anyway.

I usually get on the customer service chat and ask them to speed things up on the release day, because it's kinda bad business practice to do that they do.

Weird. I always just pick the standard 2-day shipping and it always either ships for release day delivery, or else ships out on the launch day. Haven't seen a multiple week delay like this before. I order quite a bit from them, too.

Edit: Just remembered I ordered it from the US Amazon since it wasn't up on .ca at the time, so that makes sense then. I think I picked the cheapest delivery method.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've never had delays with free shipping. Being in Toronto and 99% of packages coming from Mississauga, I often receive them the same day they release. For Amiibo wave 2 though, they didn't give me shipping notice on release day and I went to buy them in store, then cancelled the orders. Not sure if they were delaying them on purpose, or if it was a supply issue. A little worrisome, but I can live without my N3DS for a few days if need be.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Mine (LE) is: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

Should I worry?

Mine too.

We shouldn't. All is well...... right?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There are also Diddys at the Bathurst & Bloor EBgames in Toronto. Seems that Diddy is not really that rare at the moment

Luigi87

Ugh, my local EB sold out of the Majora's Mask XL a half an hour before I could get there.

Time to gamble between the Target I work at, FS/BB online, and EB on launch day.

Edit: Also apparently FS won't be carrying it in-store according to their forums?

a916

Do you feel that works? Or do they give you the talk around?

Do you feel that works? Or do they give you the talk around?

I've complained to them a few times, and despite it taking various lengths of time, I always end up with upgraded shipping. Honestly, they've been really good lately though (though that might be because they've marked me down as bitching so often to just put my damn shit through quick :p)

Sealtest

I've complained to them a few times, and despite it taking various lengths of time, I always end up with upgraded shipping. Honestly, they've been really good lately though (though that might be because they've marked me down as bitching so often to just put my damn shit through quick :p)

Yeah... don't do that too oftent or you'll get an email telling you to quit that shit or your account will be closed, I know I did.

Sealtest

Most of it was because my first E3 order had fable legends(pc) and they eventually cancelled it and I lost my promotion so for 3 weeks I fought to get my % off back. Then after that it was mostly me asking for shipping upgrades because they never shipped on time.

RaidenXZ

Just got back from EB games at yorkdale. According to their staff, they received an email telling them to stop taking preorders for the majoras mask 3ds since they hit their limit already. They also showed me the email quickly as well so that was a no go. At least I got my monster hunter one preordered. It's a better deal anyway haha

ilib0y

Neo Member
I'm going to Canada for a month long holiday in February. I will be visiting Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Does anyone have any recommendations on games shops to visit that aren't EB Games? I wouldn't mind checking out some retro stuff if there is anywhere with a good selection and reasonable prices. And are there any other comic/toy/pop culture stores that are worth checking out in these cities?

Firestorm

I'm going to Canada for a month long holiday in February. I will be visiting Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Does anyone have any recommendations on games shops to visit that aren't EB Games? I wouldn't mind checking out some retro stuff if there is anywhere with a good selection and reasonable prices. And are there any other comic/toy/pop culture stores that are worth checking out in these cities?

Downtown Vancouver has Golden Age Collectibles which always seemed like a cool spot for comics though I haven't been in there recently. GameDeals near Columbia station in New Westminister is the most well known independent game store around here afaik. Haven't been there recently either.

Yeah... don't do that too oftent or you'll get an email telling you to quit that shit or your account will be closed, I know I did.

lol no shit, really? if they didn't want me to complain, they shouldn't hold my shit back for days for absolutely no reason at all haha

DVCY201

So I got a pre-order in for the nXL...but I haven't owned any prior iterations since the original DS. Are there any good deals for a charging cable, screen protectors, and a case?

iphys

So I got a pre-order in for the nXL...but I haven't owned any prior iterations since the original DS. Are there any good deals for a charging cable, screen protectors, and a case?

Accessories are usually kind of a ripoff unless you get them from places like ebay or dx.com.

Anony

are you interested in a bunch of older 3ds games? i have alot (non-turds) i want to get rid of and i want to sell everything together

Jinto

Nice, unfortunately I was at work and missed out on the MM edition and the MH edition. Hopefully it comes back up somewhere.

The Monster Hunter one is an EB exclusive, but places like FS, BB, and Amazon should be getting the MM one.

Normally I'd be all over the Zelda one, but the Monster Hunter version looks nicer.

For Toronto there's a bunch. They all have their pros and cons. They also tend to be easy to get to by public transit. Just be prepared for some googling though in case:

Game Centre - Yonge & Bloor and St Clair & Dufferin

Iceman Games - Kensington Market and Queen St & Bathurst

Hi Tech Games - Bloor & Dufferin

A&C Games - Spadina & College

Gameshack - Bay & Dundas (it's inside the 'Bay Atrium')

Personally I really dig Game Centre, Gameshack and Iceman Games. Game Centre and Gameshack tend to have good prices on most things. I got Drive Club from Game Centre for $29.99... And then sold it to Iceman. I generally go to Iceman to buy new games since they sometimes sell new games at 59.99. They also have great trade in values. A lot of their retro stuff seems really pricey though.

A&C and Hi Tech both have fantastic selections. A&C is quite pricey though. Hi Tech looks like it used to be a convenience store, and has a really damn small store.

The one place I recommend that's further from downtown is VGP.ca's actual physical store at Wilson & Keele. I have a few friends in Europe that import their games from their. They recently had a good Boxing Day sale.

Also you might wanna consult the community city specific threads for Toronto, and I think there's one for Montreal and Vancouver as well.

Top Bottom