• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3DS has been stuck in Richmond, B.C. for the past 4 days without any update on the tracking. It shipped last Saturday via Canada Post.

My Mega Man legacy has been in Richmond, B.C. for the past 2 days without any update (but this one is shipping via Fedex). It shipped Tuedays.

What is going on in Richmond?!

Not Amazon related but I get games from Japan regularly (they come thru BC sorting facility to reach ON) and since mid Jan I've had all my packages take twice as long. 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks.

Not Amazon related but I get games from Japan regularly (they come thru BC sorting facility to reach ON) and since mid Jan I've had all my packages take twice as long. 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks.

Is there any "port strikes" or something related like last year when there were amiibo/Majora's mask 3DS shortages?

My 3DS has been stuck in Richmond, B.C. for the past 4 days without any update on the tracking. It shipped last Saturday via Canada Post.

My Mega Man legacy has been in Richmond, B.C. for the past 2 days without any update (but this one is shipping via Fedex). It shipped Tuedays.

What is going on in Richmond?!

Hahahaha my copy of fire Emblem fates is also stuck in Richmond, B.C. However that is over Canada Post.

BTails

Says for me that it's shipping tomorrow, earliest delivery guarantee is Monday, IIRC.

Yeah, mine still says "In Progress", no movement on shipping. Shame, really, since the few times I've ordered from Best Buy, they've shipped early and I received games 2 days before release.

Oh well, not the end of the world, the backlog game will be strong with me for another weekend.

farisr

OMG, that stacked discount was actually bigger than I thought it was. I was expecting the stacked 30% to be taken off from the already reduced price, but the discounted amount is taken from the original price for both of them. So instead of Game Price x 0.7 (30% discount) x 0.7 (30% discount) which is 51% off when all's said and done. It actually turned out to be 60% off.

Got Street Fighter V for $27.10 including taxes.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
So, I just saw these new cable deals. Damn CRTC. What have you done?

Rogers starter packages 2016

Embarassing.

My Videotron package gives me phone, unlimited internet, basic cable & 30 a-la-carte channels for $90.

Wasn't there suppose to be some required kids offering too included in their basic offerings from BDU's? Don't see any.

khaaan

Realistically, all I need is that Tween Entertainment pack and I'm good to go.

Judge me if you like.

Edit: But yes. It's insane.

Edit Edit: What's this all about. Do existing packages with Rogers get grandfathered in? Is everyone required to make a switch to one of those packages?

Edit Edit Edit: Hot damn, that Kids Entertainment pack would cover everything too.

Lexxism

Ugh, the price of sports channels really kills it for me.
Yup. Looking at the prices, it will be Starter Pack $24.99 + Sportsnet Plus $18 + TSN Plus $18 + Canadian News $5 + HD Box $10(?)

Total: $75.99 (Just $4 more to get Rogers VIP package which pretty much includes most of the themes mentioned in the pdf)

That's twice to what I'm currently paying though it doesn't include the TSN channels that I want.

soultron

Banned
Got my FE Fates SE a day early from Amazon.com. It's in mint condition too! I was worried seeing the condition some of the people got theirs from BB.

Lesson learned: pay the money for importing and shipping from the states because it will get here early and in good condition?

xclaw

The Shaw packages are even worse.

If I switch over to it, I can get the same channels I currently have for 30$ more a month. How does that even make sense?

The CRTC really lacks the ability to see how providers will circumvent their regulations.

Remember when they did away with 3 year contracts? The providers responded by increasing monthly rates.

Basic channels for less? Charge more for everything else.

Kinda dumb question, but does anyone know of a decent place to buy a not super expensive and not super ugly CD Player / boombox in 2016?

tiijj

The CRTC really lacks the ability to see how providers will circumvent their regulations.

Remember when they did away with 3 year contracts? The providers responded by increasing monthly rates.

Basic channels for less? Charge more for everything else.

Yeah they increased the rate and decrease the features (data decrease). You can't even sign a 2 year contract without being forced to get the new plan which is more expensive and less data.

Then they increased the price again due to the canadian dollar but only where they don't have any major competition.

The whole thing is a big joke.

TUSR

Banned
Telus requires you to have a new contract in order to use all their decent international roaming plans.

65$/month with 6GB nationally vs. 65$/month with 1GB nationally + access to int. plans

DayEnder

How is this a la carte? The CRTC is a disgrace.

In addition to the basic $25 package, cable and satellite providers must move to a pick-and-pay system or offer small bundles of channels, also by the March 1 deadline. They must offer both by Dec. 1 of next year.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cable-changes-timing-1.3326645

Rogers is going to drag their feet until Dec. 1 for the "a la carte" (pick-and-pay) option. Those are the small bundles.

mdubs

Banned
Got my FE Fates SE a day early from Amazon.com. It's in mint condition too! I was worried seeing the condition some of the people got theirs from BB.

Lesson learned: pay the money for importing and shipping from the states because it will get here early and in good condition?

Nah my turned up a little bit dinted, probably makes no difference one way or the other

Sealtest

Amazon currently has save 10% when you spend over $30 on books until the 28th, Not much but i'll be saving $7 on a few manga's and the new harry potter book.

RaidenXZ

Yeah, I put in an order on the off chance I decided it would be a good Christmas/birthday gift for my daughter, but I don't think I want it.

On crap, forgot to ask. If you're not wanting to keep it, are you maybe considering selling the system? :p

FrsDvl

I think Blastoise is really lame, so anyone here want to buy the Blastoise cover plates for the n3ds off of me?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I'm jelly :(

Happy for you though!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
New Deal

Amazon.ca has spend $30 or more on books and get 10% off until Febuary 28
Of course this happens as soon as I order smth. I hope I can get home to cancel my order and take advantage of this. Thanks for sharing.

explodet

I haven't turned on my cable box since Jon Stewart left the Daily Show. Man. I'd probably be griping a lot if I was into the Sportsball.

In other news, my Fire Emblem SE landed in Mississauga today. Should arrive tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
Amazon currently has save 10% when you spend over $30 on books until the 28th, Not much but i'll be saving $7 on a few manga's and the new harry potter book.

10% off Fire Emblem Awakening art book for those who were interested in that

trebbble

The $25 basic package is literally what I get over the air in HD via antenna. I think I even get a couple of extra channels that aren't in the package.

Stage On

works on light novels and manga

slightly worse than Chapters' 15% off

Wait how do you get 15% off at Chapters? I don't see anything mentioning that on their website. Lately the "deals" they've had on the weekends haven't applied towards books making them fairly worthless

OMG, that stacked discount was actually bigger than I thought it was. I was expecting the stacked 30% to be taken off from the already reduced price, but the discounted amount is taken from the original price for both of them. So instead of Game Price x 0.7 (30% discount) x 0.7 (30% discount) which is 51% off when all's said and done. It actually turned out to be 60% off.

Got Street Fighter V for $27.10 including taxes.

What exactly are you referring to here? How could I get this discount?

Lexxism

Wait how do you get 15% off at Chapters? I don't see anything mentioning that on their website. Lately the "deals" they've had on the weekends haven't applied towards books making them fairly worthless
I think it was even 20% off when they had the visa checkout promo once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom