• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

I know this has been the case in the past, but do two PS+ subs count as enough to get $15 even though it's technically not $100? If it is I'll probably get two years, if not I'll get a PS+ sub and something on sale.

Clive

I know this has been the case in the past, but do two PS+ subs count as enough to get $15 even though it's technically not $100? If it is I'll probably get two years, if not I'll get a PS+ sub and something on sale.

There are plenty of $0.49 avatars if you can't find something else. I would do it just to be safe.

jholmes

That would mean getting the digital games on different devices since Nintendo still does not have a proper account system for their digital content:\

Look, it's one thing when the rest of GAF parrots this, but I'd like to think Canadians are smarter than this.

#shippingtalk
I thought amazon system was miles better than BB, but nope, couldn't change shipping address once they have shipped part of the order. Sigh.

edit: managed to get a CRS reapply the discount to new order, what a pain

Look, it's one thing when the rest of GAF parrots this, but I'd like to think Canadians are smarter than this.

So as a Canadian I should shut up and tolerate nintendo's outdated/frustrating ecosystem?

I personally never had any major issue with them but you can't straight-up deny the fact that there is a problem with their "account" system...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So as a Canadian I should shut up and tolerate nintendo's outdated/frustrating ecosystem?

I personally never had any major issue with them but you can't straight-up deny the fact that there is a problem with their "account" system...

What is the problem with their account system?

What is the problem with their account system?

If my PS4, Vita or Xbox One are stolen, the games I purchased on them are safe; I just buy a new console and log into my PSN or Live account. If my Wii U or 3DS are stolen, I have to give the serial numbers of my old and new consoles to Nintendo, possibly file a police report with them as well, and hope they let me have my games back. I'll probably have to do all this over the phone, and whatever the outcome, it won't be instantaneous.

zroid

Banned
If my PS4, Vita or Xbox One are stolen, the games I purchased on them are safe; I just buy a new console and log into my PSN or Live account. If my Wii U or 3DS are stolen, I have to give the serial numbers of my old and new consoles to Nintendo, possibly file a police report with them as well, and hope they let me have my games back. I'll probably have to do all this over the phone, and whatever the outcome, it won't be instantaneous.

i don't think that's true anymore since they introduced NNIDs

but yeah you've gotta call 'em

Ryne

The one thing I really dislike about Nintendo's systems (and I'm not sure if this is an account thing) is how they back up Wii U saves.

If your Wii U breaks, you better hope you can fix it because all those backed up saves only work with that specific Wii U. I nearly had mine break last week and shit a brick.

i don't think that's true anymore since they introduced NNIDs

but yeah you've gotta call 'em

Oh, that would be a lovely improvement. Short of your house or apartment being robbed, I can't think of many cases where I'd report a lost or stolen 3DS to the police.

Still, tying games to a specific piece of hardware rather than an account sucks. It does sound like Nintendo will get there, so I'm hopeful.

Ventara

The one thing I really dislike about Nintendo's systems (and I'm not sure if this is an account thing) is how they back up Wii U saves.

If your Wii U breaks, you better hope you can fix it because all those backed up saves only work with that specific Wii U. I nearly had mine break last week and shit a brick.

Are you for real? I had no idea. I hope my WiiU won't bite the dust anytime soon.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Have you ever had to go through this process?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

You shouldn't have to call them, it's madness.

And how about this: I have a new 3ds. I have an old 3ds. Had to do a system transfer from old to new. Now my old 3ds is damn useless and I can never play my digital games on it again. WHY.

Error_g

To be fair, with Sony you can also have the same game on multiple consoles (I had 2 ps3s back in the day in different locations) and with cloud saving you don't miss a beat. Unfortunately can't get that with Nintendo.

jholmes

This however is totally fair. This isn't going to happen often, don't get me wrong, but it's a legit issue.

To be fair, with Sony you can also have the same game on multiple consoles (I had 2 ps3s back in the day in different locations) and with cloud saving you don't miss a beat. Unfortunately can't get that with Nintendo.

Right, but even if these games were being released on Sony consoles, I doubt this would be the case with Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, given how Nintendo and TPC have treated Pokemon save files in the past.

Bronetta

I really hope Nintendo provides cloud storage for game saves for the NX.

I spilt coffee on my 3DS XL and I remember the license transfer process to N3DS XL being relatively painless however saves for digital games were all gone.

I really hope Nintendo provides cloud storage for game saves for the NX.

I spilt coffee on my 3DS XL and I remember the license transfer process to N3DS XL being relatively painless however saves for digital games were all gone.

they should have, must have not of selected the right option

BTails

Anyone have their Nintendo n3DS ship from Bestbuy.ca yet? People are getting their from Amazon now, and I'm getting ansy, haha.

Yeah this was me. My external U HDD crashed and I lost a ton of saves. I only learned then that there are no cloud saves. Barely turned on the U since then. No appetite to restart all those lost save games.

Oh yeah, and I since I can't find a fire emblem 3ds system and special edition cart, I'm pretty much out of the brand entirely now.

If I ever go back, it will be used stuff only. I'm so frustrated.

Indeed. Unless you tacked on a condition where you would only order the system if you secured a preorder of the SE, you couldn't have missed the system.

i-Jest

cloud storage would be sick

just don't lock it behind a paywall tho

That might be asking to much. What might be nice is if Nintendo offers two options, the free option giving you a decent size of storage and the pay option doubling on that. I think Nintendo's testing the interest level with Pokebank.

Indeed. Unless you tacked on a condition where you would only order the system if you secured a preorder of the SE, you couldn't have missed the system.

Yeah that was the plan.

That said, system alone is pretty much all gone locally, as of today. Not even a small chance for an SE. Oh well.

(Sorry just venting now.)

Moving onto the competition. Lots of (better) gaming choices elsewhere.

Enilced2

So BB couldn't tell me if they were even going to get more of the fates 3ds xls in to fulfill my order. So I saw EB had them on their website in stock so I ordered one and paid a bit extra for express shipping. Thing stayed in stock for another hour and of course no shipping email and it's just sitting at confirmed with me being charged already. Why is it so hard to get one of these damn things when companies are saying they are in stock.

Sora_N

So BB couldn't tell me if they were even going to get more of the fates 3ds xls in to fulfill my order. So I saw EB had them on their website in stock so I ordered one and paid a bit extra for express shipping. Thing stayed in stock for another hour and of course no shipping email and it's just sitting at confirmed with me being charged already. Why is it so hard to get one of these damn things when companies are saying they are in stock.

When did you preorder at BB?

Jashobeam

bestbuy has Devil's Third in stock, 7 remaining. The game is $74.99 ouch! but I know it's hard to find so it may be worth it to some of you.

Edit: wow all gone only a minute after posting, perhaps one of you bought them all, if so FU since I didn't get mine due to posting this lol

I hate to bring this up even though it's the official motto of this OT, but has anyone else who had their Fire Emblem Fates order ship from Amazon this week had it stuck in Richmond, B.C. for the last four days? It's supposed to arrive tomorrow in Toronto but as far as I can tell it's still in B.C. for some reason.

Normally I wouldn't care (much), but if it turns out Amazon or Canada Post lost my SE it's not like I can ring them up for another one. Ugh.

I hate to bring this up even though it's the official motto of this OT, but has anyone else who had their Fire Emblem Fates order ship from Amazon this week had it stuck in Richmond, B.C. for the last four days? It's supposed to arrive tomorrow in Toronto but as far as I can tell it's still in B.C. for some reason.

Normally I wouldn't care (much), but if it turns out Amazon or Canada Post lost my SE it's not like I can ring them up for another one. Ugh.

Mine's been in Calgary the entire time apparently and now it's out for delivery. Amazon's been weird these past couple weeks.

My 3DS has been stuck in Richmond, B.C. for the past 4 days without any update on the tracking. It shipped last Saturday via Canada Post.

My Mega Man legacy has been in Richmond, B.C. for the past 2 days without any update (but this one is shipping via Fedex). It shipped Tuedays.

What is going on in Richmond?!

frequency

Yes. Mine is scheduled to arrive today but is still tracking as "Shipment picked up by Canada Post" in Richmond.

(Actually mine shipped last week not this week so it's been "stuck" longer)

My 3DS has been stuck in Richmond, B.C. for the past 4 days without any update on the tracking. It shipped last Saturday via Canada Post.

My Mega Man legacy has been in Richmond, B.C. for the past 2 days without any update (but this one is shipping via Fedex). It shipped Tuedays.

What is going on in Richmond?!

Same! My 3DS has been in Richmond BC with no tracking update since the 19th. I live in Ontario. Not sure what's going on but since it hasn't even been officially released yet I shouldn't complain haha.

Same! My 3DS has been in Richmond BC with no tracking update since the 19th. I live in Ontario. Not sure what's going on but since it hasn't even been officially released yet I shouldn't complain haha.

We do have two-day shipping which pay Prime for though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom